Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/1/2003 1:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/1/2003 3:24:07 PM EDT by uvalaw2005]
I'm trying to decide between an RRA and DPMS stripped lower, and am planning to pick up a J&T kit. The only factor I can really come up with is appearance, so if anyone has matched a lower from either manufacturer with a J&T kit, do the blacks match?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 6:47:37 PM EDT
I just built an AR from a JT M4 kit and a DPMS lower. Finish on both the lower and upper matches perfectly. The only thing that stands out as a slightly different shade is the selector switch. You honestly cannot tell that the rifle didn't come fully assembled. Other than one small scratch I put on the lower while assembling they matched up perfect. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 5:51:44 AM EDT
My J&T upper perfectly matches two DPMS lowers I have, both color and matte, and the fit is tight. I agree, you would not be able to tell they did not come assembled as a rifle. It is normal that the dust cover, forward assist, safety not match. They usually have a medium gray finish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:01:12 AM EDT
I assembled a J&T kit on an RRA lower. The color matched perfectly. Are you in the People's Republic of Charlottesville? I think there is a rifle range north of town, but I've not shot there. -Catsmeat
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
Yep, C'ville. Are you thinking of Rivanna? It's a great place, I'm joining this month!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:17:22 AM EDT
I'll have to try it. There are a couple of us (both attorneys, one former JAG) here in Fredericksburg looking for a place to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:21:09 AM EDT
Great, I'll be in C'ville all summer, so drop me a line anytime you'd like to come down and shoot there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:30:27 AM EDT
If they don't match, use CLP & they will match.
Top Top