Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2002 12:27:30 AM EDT
If so, what components did you use and please post a pic of the finished product.
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I built something akin to an SPR and it goes as follows.
Upper- Heavy stainless 1 in 9 Harris Barrel one of the mistake pre ban instead of post ban barrels from Georgia Precision shooting for $140.00 (WHAT A SCORE there) a Knights full float tube which I may change for the PRI (I am still debating, anyone wanna trade?) an Armalite Gas block which I am going to replace with a PRI flip front sight.
Optics- Leupold M-1 long range in an ARMS #35QD with low rings.
Lower- Pretty standard with the only upgrade being a John Holliger reworked trigger. At some point I will get some pics snapped and up,

IPSC_GUY sends    

Oh yeah with Black Hills Match 69GN in the blue box it prints em under an inch at 100 yards all day long
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I started with a KAC SR15M4.  Added a Harris 1/8 20" SS barrel, KAC long FF RAS, KAC low profile gas block, KAC flip-up front sight, KAC 600m BUIS, KAC bipod adapter, Hogue grip and Harris bipod.  Not pictured is the Tasco 16x42 Super Sniper with ARMS #35QD with medium rings.

Link Posted: 10/2/2002 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Raptor22

Which rings are you using on your 35QD to clear the BUIS? I am using low rings which I find that I really like. Only problem is that it sits the scope so low I can't get anything under it. Also how do you like the Knights front flip sight? Any problew with it staying up? Does the SR15M4 come with a match trigger or not?
I am torn between continuing on with the knights set up or going to the PRI with an ARMS long rail along the top. The reason for this is that I want to go to an A1 length of stock. However, (pause for effect) I think that then even the 35QD would not give me enough room forward to mount the scope to get proper eye relief.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 10/2/2002 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Raptor22

Which rings are you using on your 35QD to clear the BUIS? I am using low rings which I find that I really like. Only problem is that it sits the scope so low I can't get anything under it. Also how do you like the Knights front flip sight? Any problew with it staying up? Does the SR15M4 come with a match trigger or not?
I am torn between continuing on with the knights set up or going to the PRI with an ARMS long rail along the top. The reason for this is that I want to go to an A1 length of stock. However, (pause for effect) I think that then even the 35QD would not give me enough room forward to mount the scope to get proper eye relief.

IPSC_GUY sends

I got the medium rings  but I have not had the time to try them out on with this scope.  I do not expect them to clear the KAC 600m BUIS.  I may have to get the high rings to do this or I may consider a KAC rail.  The KAC SR15M4 came with the KAC two stage trigger.  This is the best trigger I have tried.  It is expensive but worth every penny.  I will be building a second SPR on a Colt Sporter II and 6700 large hole flattop with PRI components.  I will get a KAC trigger for that setup.  As for the KAC front sight, it stayed up with no problems during firing.  Ditto for the rear sight.  Accuracy at 100 yards with iron sights was impressive.  Columbus Day weekend I will be heading out to the range to try out the scope with it.  BTW, the 1/8 SS barrel was from Tommy at Georgia Precision.  More to come later.    
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is a Colt Pre-ban Lower, FN Flat top upper and a Colt Match HBAR 20" barrel (1/7). It sports DPMS ventilated, free-floating handguards with sling swivel attachment and a Vari-X II Leupold 3x9 tactical. It will soon have a RRA 2-stage NM trigger.

I've been experimenting with different loads, but so far it likes the 69gr. Sierra MK bullet with Varget powder.

If somebody would explain to me how to post a picture, I would.

Nick710
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#6]
IPSC_GUY your IM box is full!

I finally got the ARMS #35QD with medium rings together with the scope.  The Tasco Super Sniper scope cleared the KAC 600m BUIS with no problems.  I finally got to go to the range on Saturday and I was very satisfied with this setup.
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Raptor22, ever hear of cropping an image? It's easy to take out all that white space.

Yes I have.  My regular computer that has my photo editing software has been down.  The one that I am using now only allows me to use Microcrap Paint.  I was in a hurry and did not have time to fuss around reducing the picture size so that the ar15.com server would allow me to post it.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2002 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Raptor 22 hey nice job. Hey I have some high spacers for the 35QD that aren't doin anything if for some reason you want to try them.
I just posted this question on the AR discussions board, Does anyone know what the Marine Corps SPR-A is going to consist of parts wise? I have heard that it will be based on the Knights FFRAS rather than the PRI tube. What kind of sights are they going to use and what are they going to mount the scope with and are they going to use the M3?

IPSC_GUY (being curios) sends
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top