Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2002 9:43:53 AM EDT
I'm in the Army now and love my M4. I would like to own a legal version myself. I priced all the parts needed to build an M4 look-alike and the price was 50 bucks cheaper than a complete rifle. I thought building it myself would help me to save a couple hundred (I was checking out Fulton Armory). I browsed just about every site mentioned in the forums here and still prices are pretty much the same. How can I build a AR15 and keep it reasonably priced???

I'm willing to pay a little extra for quality but I would like to keep the tab low....please help.....

Thanks for any replies in advance
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 3:35:37 PM EDT
A Bushmaster XM15 E2, I believe, is $990 here in Huntsville, AL and FFL use is $50.00. Now lets see what we have to beat this:

Stripped lower (FA) $149.00
(this is your price, dealer price Cheaper, call it even)
Shipping $ 10.00
J&T Dist. Kit $434.00
(this is one of there cheaper kits and contains everything but the receiver)
Shipping $ 25.00
Magazine $ 20.00
TOTAL $638.00

This is a $350 savings for me plus I can purchase the parts as money becomes available. More knowledgeable people, I've only been researching this for 3 days, may be able to help some more. The abve are only estimates but should not be off too far.

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:29:01 PM EDT
check out the Equiptmen Exchange;you can find Rock River lower recievers(excellent!) for under a $100/shipped from RBPrecision,or Pete-n-NH.
By building,you don't pay the "rifle tax".And you'll have a custom rig
Top Top