Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2002 2:56:31 PM EDT
The hammer pin hole on my 80% lower came out about .0015 oversize. Will a Colt Large pin hammer work with a small pin triger, or should I use a large pin triger also? Going to a funshow, need an answer. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 2:26:51 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try but I would just drill the trigger pin over also FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend TIG weld and re-drill.  If you have tackled finishing your own lower, you aren't one of the "faint-of heart" types!

Colt diameter pins/parts are a pain in the azz!!!  Don't bastardize the poor thing with a partial Colt dimension fire control group.

Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 3:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a print, using a new Bushmaster stipped lower for my dimensions. Found out on another board the tolerence for the FCG is +/-.0015''. I'm going to go ahead and finish it the way it is sence I'm within spec. Went and bought a like new DMPS A2 upper at the fun show today. Damn!!! Now I have to build yet another lower.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
AW4EVER;

I'm sure its possible to complete an 80% lower without a copy of the blueprint, but it sure is nice to have one to refer to. Measuring off of a manufactured lower is fine but it gives you no concept of the allowable tolerances.

There are PDF files of D.Sniders lower receiver print (the one that almost everyone works off of) scattered around all over the web. The link below is to the file posted on this board. The same file is also posted over on Roderus Custom Gunworks, biggerhammer, and probably dozens of other places.

old.ar15.com/docs/lowerBlueprint.pdf

Just pull it up and print it out. It's a bit hard to read on an 8-1/2x11 printout but if you've got access to an 11x17 (or larger) printer, it's no problem.

If you can't get it to print for some reason, e-mail me and I'll send you one.

HTH . . . . Doug  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top