Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2002 6:34:32 PM EDT
Any brand recommendations for a newbie's first time? The only lower my dealer has right now is an Olympic Arms for $115. He'll do the transfer if I want to order another brand from somewhere myself. What's my best bet for value and easy of assembly? Any to avoid? Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:41:49 PM EDT
Rock River Arms all the way. Just as affordable as the Olympic with twice the quality. There are a bunch of dealers here who will be more than happy to square you away with one and by buying from them you will be supporting this outstanding site.

If you plan on building a tackdriver where a little extra weight is of no concern. I would recommend checking out the SOCOM lowers...very shweeet.

Semper-Fi Do or Die, 03 out!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:50:15 PM EDT
I just got a Rock River and am very pleased. I put it with a BM upper with no play at all. (I didn't even get it that good with another BM upper and lower) I have two Olympic lowers that I am not too pleased with; the cast one needed lots of fitting to make the mags drop free. The forged one has problems with some GI mags fitting tight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:47:59 PM EDT
Olys are fine. I have one, also a RRA as well, similar in quality. Oly a little tighter.

Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:55:28 PM EDT
If you guys have a source for RRA lowers at the same price as Oly's please let me know. I've put together 2 rifles with Oly lowers with no problems. Several friends have also used Olympic Arms lowers also with no problems. I simply haven't seen ANY lower less expensive that the Oly lower. The quality is good and I've never seen any problems with mags or parts fitting. My Colt on the other hand is a little tight fitting in the mag well. Go figure the cheap lower works and the high dollar Colt has problems.
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 1:15:11 AM EDT
Yes.... Were is the source(s) for these under $100 RRA lowers????
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 4:01:05 AM EDT
I got my stripped RRA lower and upper localy but there are at least a couple of dealers on this site for RRA stripped lowers. Check out the equipment exchange under the lowers and complete guns section. Pete-in-NH sells them for $125 (these are marked "US Property") and gunsmokeenterprises sells them for $110.
Pete-in-NH is very good to deal with and extremely fast shipping. Never dealt with gunsmokeenterprises, but have seen good reports about him also.
Top Top