BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/23/2020 3:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine in the mail today, but have to return due to mispackaging on Steiner's end.  Package is for an IR model, but there was a green vis model inside the box.  Already called and Teddy is hooking me up with a RMA. I like the layout of the unit, and the ease of use along with the brightness adjustment.  I'll buy a few more for some handguns down the road.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also, some may see a slight rub mark on the battery cap screw, we final test each unit with a battery installed for final operational check and of course remove the battery before shipping.  
View Quote

@FrankW134 I wouldn’t be so quick to shoulder Steiner with all the blame for you getting a green lazzer :/
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the new one today, waiting for the sun to go down so I can play...

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 2:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I heard about the mix-up. Also heard the box was also marked IR. Very strange... Glad Teddy got ya squared away with the RMA! Let us know when ya get the new unit. Sorry for the issue.
View Quote

No worries, I got to play with the replacement last night, hopefully I can get it out to zero this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What's the best option for running an IR light in conjunction with this?
View Quote

I too am wondering about this.
In for answers and hopefully pretty pictures
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the best option for running an IR light in conjunction with this?

Im using a M300V, with the laser on the lowest setting I can still see the dot through the IR light from a treeline +/- 50 yards away, all the way up to about 7 yards from my feet (started seeing honeycomb in my PVS14).  Indoors the light is too bright, and the laser needs to be used on the lowest setting to minimize blooming.  I went back to an Eotech to clear the TOR, Aimpoint ACRO in the B&T 30mm mount wasn't tall enough and I threw it on the EE after about an hour of use.  Can't wait for tomorrow night to get some range time!

First two pictures are lowest and highest setting, no illuminator, on a fencepost approx. 15 yards away...

Second set is lowest and highest setting on the treeline, approx. 50 yards...

Last two are lowest and highest setting with the M300V at the treeline, the dot looks better in person and is easy to pick up...

Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/2/2020 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Noob review.  Got my pvs 14, zeroed the laser with my aimpoint.  Love it.  Low setting bright but usable indoors and perfect outdoors.  Only issue is it really needs an on/ off switch or an led to let you know it's on. That's really my only beef.  I know it has an auto shut off but still, either an led to show on or a manual on off switch would make it perfect. Good Job TNVC and Steiner.  I'll shoot it tomorrow at work to verify zero.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally had a chance to sight in my laser with my PVS14 and EXPS3.  I brought the manual with me to the range since I knew Id forget the directions to move the beam.  Start off low and to the right and turning both adjustment screws CCW the laser was barely moving and eventually one of the adjustment screws came out.  I put it back it and turned both CW until I felt resistance and was now low and to the right. A few more turns and I was dead on.

Not sure what happened and why I had the issues I did, but I got it all figured out in the end.

Laser is mounted in an AR pistol.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
These going up on our BF sale tonight at midnight eastern time.

Happy Thanksgiving!
View Quote

After all the food and drink...now you tell us?

Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there a way to turn off the auto-off feature? I don’t want this turning off after 5 min.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Order placed.  Thanks for offering these.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Got one this week.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#19]
lilMAC25--DANG!

Now THAT is a great set-up. A Steiner laser on a lever gun with a can!

...those feral hogs (2 or 4 legged) don't stand a chance now in Texas!

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
lilMAC25--DANG!

Now THAT is a great set-up. A Steiner laser on a lever gun with a can!

...those feral hogs (2 or 4 legged) don't stand a chance now in Texas!

View Quote

Now I just need some time off from COVID ECMOs to go hunting.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:17:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Has anyone else had issues getting their TOR to properly clamp/seat on pic rail? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I've un-clamped and re-clamped it on three different rails at 9,12, and 3 O'clock and every time, the clamping side of the device cants inboard as shown in the picture. I'm not applying excessive torque or anything, just snugging it down the laser itself is fine, no issues there.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Has anyone else had issues getting their TOR to properly clamp/seat on pic rail? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. I've un-clamped and re-clamped it on three different rails at 9,12, and 3 O'clock and every time, the clamping side of the device cants inboard as shown in the picture. I'm not applying excessive torque or anything, just snugging it down the laser itself is fine, no issues there.
https://i.imgur.com/UFLN8zQ.jpg
View Quote

Yeah I had that problem. There are (at least) two screw designs. You have the silver flat head screws. The round heads should be tucked inside the clamping arm, not sticking out like as shown in your pic. It definitely took some finagling to get it right.  

EDIT: Ignore that sentence.  See below.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah I had that problem. There are (at least) two screw designs. You have the silver flat head screws. The round heads should be tucked inside the clamping arm, not sticking out like as shown in your pic. It definitely took some finagling to get it right.  
View Quote
Thanks for confirming I'm not just out in la la land @ThisWildAdventure, I was so baffled by this thing last night. No matter how I try and mount it, the clamping plate just caves in on itself.

No rush at all, but if you have a moment, could you include a picture of how yours is mounted up? When you say 'the round heads' I'm not quite tracking. Do you mean the screws themselves?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks for confirming I'm not just out in la la land @ThisWildAdventure, I was so baffled by this thing last night. No matter how I try and mount it, the clamping plate just caves in on itself.

No rush at all, but if you have a moment, could you include a picture of how yours is mounted up? When you say 'the round heads' I'm not quite tracking. Do you mean the screws themselves?
View Quote

Apologies—I was misremembering exactly what causes the FUBAR condition.  It's not a matter of the screw heads being flush.  Ignore what I said about that.  To overcome the problem you're having, I had to completely remove both screws, remove the clamping arm, and lube it and the channel it rides in.  Something was slightly out of spec.

Do this ^^, and then tighten both screws by hand, all the way in, with the laser mounted to nothing.  Just see if the clamping arm tracks straight like it should.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@lilMAC25  VERY impressive Brother! Tell us a bit about the setup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got one this week.
https://i.imgur.com/qDpLa3L.jpg

@lilMAC25  VERY impressive Brother! Tell us a bit about the setup?

@TNVC

Henry Big Boy X 44 Mag with Henry Picatinny rail up top. Trijicon SRS on it. Why? Because that’s what I had laying around and I like the large viewfield. It’s high, but actually likes up perfectly with my NODs.

Out front is an Octane 45. I just changed the forearm out from the OEM one in the photo to a Ranger Point Precision MLOK forearm. I just want a padded sling, the LoPro Arisaka MLOK rail to show (to mount the TOR), and then it will be “perfect”.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Apologies—I was misremembering exactly what causes the FUBAR condition.  It's not a matter of the screw heads being flush.  Ignore what I said about that.  To overcome the problem you're having, I had to completely remove both screws, remove the clamping arm, and lube it and the channel it rides in.  Something was slightly out of spec.

Do this ^^, and then tighten both screws by hand, all the way in, with the laser mounted to nothing.  Just see if the clamping arm tracks straight like it should.

https://i.imgur.com/mNx96I5.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/mNx96I5.jpg

@TNVC
@ThisWildAdventure

Which version is the newer one? The one with 2 screws or the other?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#28]
@TNVC , @FrankW134 the specs indicate that the beam is .3 mrad,  which would be about 1 MOA.   But in the pictures the spot appears to be much larger. Is the dot small enough for accurate shot placement?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

^^

Yo his sht's fked—you gon' help him?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
@TNVC , @FrankW134 the specs indicate that the beam is .3 mrad,  which would be about 1 MOA.   But in the pictures the spot appears to be much larger. Is the dot small enough for accurate shot placement?

Thanks.
View Quote

My pics was taken with a cell phone looking through a PVS14, the dot (and entire image) is much more crisp with the naked eye.  I would say the laser is comparable to my class I dbal-i2 in size, I haven't experienced any issues with shot placement.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Huh?
View Quote

You have a customer up there who can’t get his laser mounted right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:56:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You have a customer up there who can't get his laser mounted right.
View Quote
Just so we're clear, TNVC reached out to me proactively and have been nothing but helpful. The "bar" that rides in the channel and keeps the clamp from canting inboard is broken on mine, which I'm going to chalk up to a bad metal batch or some mfg defect on Steiner's part. It happens, life goes on. I used a jeweler's screwdriver to test fit it so it seems impossible that I applied enough torque to sheer it, and I'm not sure how it would sheer regardless of torque since it's not actually interfacing with anything, just holding the clamp perpendicular to the pic rail.

@TNVC aren't to blame here at all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just so we're clear, TNVC reached out to me proactively and have been nothing but helpful. The "bar" that rides in the channel and keeps the clamp from canting inboard is broken on mine, which I'm going to chalk up to a bad metal batch or some mfg defect on Steiner's part. It happens, life goes on. I used a jeweler's screwdriver to test fit it so it seems impossible that I applied enough torque to sheer it, and I'm not sure how it would sheer regardless of torque since it's not actually interfacing with anything, just holding the clamp perpendicular to the pic rail.

@TNVC aren't to blame here at all.
View Quote

No one‘s blaming anyone for anything. Realize that none of the rest of us know what you two have going on in PM world. We only see what’s shown to us.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 5:40:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted: just because we may not comment on each of the numerous threads here
View Quote

Except you did.  

To talk about V2 screws.  And it looked like you blew right past your guy.  No one's doubting TNVC's CS.  But when a dude drops a problem here, and the community jumps in to help him while the dealer rattles on about other things, it looks like the dude's getting ignored.  That shouldn't be too hard to see.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My pics was taken with a cell phone looking through a PVS14, the dot (and entire image) is much more crisp with the naked eye.  I would say the laser is comparable to my class I dbal-i2 in size, I haven't experienced any issues with shot placement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.

Look, when a dude comes in here and posts a problem, and you reach out to him via PM, take the 7 extra seconds and drop a “PM sent” reply in the thread. That way I don’t spend 20 minutes of my day trying to help him. Hell, it looks like my advice was WRONG for his application anyway. So not only was it a total waste of my time, but I really didn’t help him out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Look, when a dude comes in here and posts a problem, and you reach out to him via PM, take the 7 extra seconds and drop a "PM sent" reply in the thread. That way I don't spend 20 minutes of my day trying to help him. Hell, it looks like my advice was WRONG for his application anyway. So not only was it a total waste of my time, but I really didn't help him out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Look, when a dude comes in here and posts a problem, and you reach out to him via PM, take the 7 extra seconds and drop a "PM sent" reply in the thread. That way I don't spend 20 minutes of my day trying to help him. Hell, it looks like my advice was WRONG for his application anyway. So not only was it a total waste of my time, but I really didn't help him out.

In other news, I bought two...impressed enough about to pick up two more. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Thank you @TNVC for offering these compact IR lasers.
Ruger 22/45 Lite with Form 1 Suppressor:
Attachment Attached File

On a side note.  Is there a good way to measure the offset from the bore for a parallel zero?  I can eyeball it with calipers.  Just looking for a better way.  I don't have a red dot for this pistol yet.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thank you @TNVC for offering these compact IR lasers.
Ruger 22/45 Lite with Form 1 Suppressor:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106977/20210201_224300_jpg-1818185.JPG

On a side note.  Is there a good way to measure the offset from the bore for a parallel zero?  I can eyeball it with calipers.  Just looking for a better way.  I don't have a red dot for this pistol yet.
View Quote

That’s seriously awesome.

ETA: why not slap an RDS on there and zero, then match RDS and laser. Confirm laser zero. Put RDS back on original gun and re-zero.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Look, when a dude comes in here and posts a problem, and you reach out to him via PM, take the 7 extra seconds and drop a “PM sent” reply in the thread. That way I don’t spend 20 minutes of my day trying to help him. Hell, it looks like my advice was WRONG for his application anyway. So not only was it a total waste of my time, but I really didn’t help him out.
View Quote

LOL
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top