Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2011 6:04:50 PM EDT
Just thought I would let everyone know the policy from Michael at Crimson Trace. I called to inquire about the LGD-417 which are laser grips with the standard 5mw red Laser and also a .7mw IR laser, which can be used with night vision. Michael informed me that it is their internal policy that they will not sell this unit to civilians, but could not explain an answer. When I informed him that civilians could in fact purchase the same spec laser DBAL I2 with the same specs. Again he had no answer, and repeated it was an internal policy at Crimson Trace not to sell to civilians. Michael can be reached at 877-778-1370 and let them know their is a demand for this on the civilian side. I was really hoping to review this item.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
why did they make the laser .7mw then?..
wasn't the original restricted ir's 5mw before? then i ask again why was it lowered especially to .7?.. as in LDI's or lasermax's..
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly, and I pointed that out, and I pointed out the specs of the DBAL I2. I told them there is a market on the civilian side, but they didn't seem interested. I am posting on their facebook wall. I would like to let them know there is a demand for it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
So CT only sells this model to active duty .mil?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats their policy. I will be writing about this on the web. Hoping to let them know that there is a demand on the civilian side.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Please show your support, hit GOOGLE +1, share, follow, leave comment here. http://nvgear.blogspot.com/

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
why did they make the laser .7mw then?..
wasn't the original restricted ir's 5mw before? then i ask again why was it lowered especially to .7?.. as in LDI's or lasermax's..

I think it used to be .07mW for IR lasers. The .7mW is actually an improvement.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Exactly, and I pointed that out, and I pointed out the specs of the DBAL I2. I told them there is a market on the civilian side, but they didn't seem interested. I am posting on their facebook wall. I would like to let them know there is a demand for it.  

I posted this on their wall several months ago. Bullshit internal policy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Please go post on my nvblog and voice your concerns as a private citizen. One of my hobbies is website SEO, I think I can get my new blog to rank pretty high quickly. Maybe it is a case of them being unaware of the demand, or at least I would like to think so.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Please go post on my nvblog and voice your concerns as a private citizen. One of my hobbies is website SEO, I think I can get my new blog to rank pretty high quickly. Maybe it is a case of them being unaware of the demand, or at least I would like to think so.

The problem is that you're pandering to their "unawareness of demand." That's bullshit. It's not a lack of demand keeping them from selling to civilians, it's the "us vs them" attitude like many armor manufacturers, etc. That's what "internal policies" means. We're not qualified to lick the sweat off their nut sack, why should they sell to the unwashed masses.

What needs to happen is a call to divert business elsewhere, not support Crimson Trace at all, and when they start seeing diminishing profit numbers, then explain the correlation that treating civilians like a pariah won't keep them in business. Who knows, maybe they have DoD contracts that are more than enough to keep them afloat. We have to quit accepting the second class citizen view that manufacturers have.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I am well aware of their "us vs them" attitude. I would still like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top