Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 11:55:12 AM EDT
I have a Surefire M3 millenium that I want to use with my AR. How should I go about it? Is there a mount/conversion kit, or can I cobble something together?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A std. 1" scope ring mount is one of the simplest methods.  If you're using a vertical grip & want to use an offset mount then the Daniel Defense works well.

Thanks. You must have been reading my mind.

The tube looked smaller than 1" and I was wondering if it would fit a DD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack this thread, but I have a M4 devestater.  I have the same question, I searched the Surefire sight and they claim it is weapon mountable, and with a tape switch, but give no further info that I could find.  I have a e-mail into Calvin to see what he has.  All the weapon surefire lights I see have what looks like bulp isolation reings, but not for the batteries.  It is a Millenium light, but what do I need to mount it to my M4????
Any suggestions, or anyone that has done it?

Thanks in advance for the help!

ReconJack
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You can mount it with 1" rings or other mounts such as the Daniel Defense but I'd rather keep it at 3 or 9.  All the Millennium series (M2/M3/M4/M6) have shock isolated bezels but don't have the battery retention feature like a true weapons system will.  Still, the M4 should do fine, they're being used on higher recoil rifles than the AR with good results.  You can add any of the accessories such as tapeswitches, clicker tailcaps or the XM dual mode t.switch/clicker combo.

Do you have that XM dual mode t.switch/clicker combo thingy, and does it just screw on, and do I need one of those offset rails to hang in away from my handguards???
How much would it cost to set it up???   Can I get the battery retention feature???  Sorry for all the questions, but I would like to get that M4 on my rifle.

Thanks for the info,
ReconJack
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top