Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 6:09:59 PM EDT
Where can I find a Picatinny rail? It is apparently a very usefull accessory, issued in the Army. Are they commercially available?

2nd Question:
Does anyone use a Mag-light mounted on their AR? I already have a Mag-light I would like to use, rather than fork over $85 or $100 for a Surefire or similar light. Call me cheap, but I just bought a house and times are a little tight right now.

Thanks, Slurpie
Anacortes, WA
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:49:56 AM EDT
Buy a G2 Surefire for $30 and you can buy a rail from AAC. The Surefire G2 will be about 8X brighter than your maglight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:06:46 AM EDT
Slurpie: I am asumming you are talking about the Mini Maglight? The G2 will totally stomp it, and is well worth the cost. With a shock-isolated bezel ($22), it will also be much more rugged. I went the home-ownership route, and I know how tight the budget can be, but I believe you will be much happier with the quality flashlight in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:05:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevL: Buy a G2 Surefire for $30 and you can buy a rail from AAC. The Surefire G2 will be about 8X brighter than your maglight.
View Quote
This is some really good advice. The G2 will be brighter & much more durable than the minimag (where the bulb tend to wiggle out under recoil). Its also much smaller and lighter (and brighter) then the 'C' & 'D' maglights.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:39:03 PM EDT
I second the Surefire G2 for a budget light rig, I have around 200 rounds downrange on mine (no shock isloated bezel) and it is holding up nicely. I actually ripped it out of the 1" scope rings on a baricade during one shoot and it still was solid as a rock. I was going to beef up the G2 by adding a shock-isolated bezel to it; but I wasn't having any trouble with shock and for the price of the Z32 bezel ($22), I could add a complete new G2 flashlight with batteries which seemed like a better deal to me. 1" Millett low-mount scope rings $20 2 Surefire G2 $28.50 ($57.00) Whatever rail you need to mount them So for $77 you can have a sturdy 65 lumen light with a tailcap activated momentary switch (much nicer than a maglight - quick on/off) AND have a backup rig already in mounts on the off chance the first one fails.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:10:29 PM EDT
Welcome to the site! [url=http://www.advanced-armament.com/ar-15.html]Here[/url] is a link to Advanced Armament. I have the rail shown in the picture. It's a stable, inexpensive way to mount a grip and/or light. I agree with everyone else about the SureFire. Really is the way to go. Also, First-Samco has a mount for like $25 that is easy to put on/take off the rail.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:46:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/30/2003 9:51:59 AM EDT by blikbok]
I have gone through bushels of lamps , and have not shattered any with a Millienium series lights. This makes me a big fan of the shock-isolated bezel. I'd opt for the M2 bezel over the Z32. I don like that idea of twin G2's, though.
Top Top