Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 2:31:33 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the Streamlight M6?  How durable is it compared to Surefire lights?  Will the bright white light wash out the laser?

I am looking for a bright, durable light/laser combination.  I like the M6 because it can be used on my pistol, rifle or shotgun.  But I'm willing to consider other candidates.  Any other good light/laser combos out there?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there an adapter for Picatinny rails?

I figure the AR-15 adapter is for the plastic handguards, and probably wouldn't do me much good with a float tube, but I can't find a picture of the mount.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.gggaz.com/products/m3ti.php[/url]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I've found another light/laser combination:

LDI BLAST

[url]http://www.laserdevices.com[/url]

Anyone have any experience with these?  Looks like it might be even better than a Streamlight M6.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a m6 on might duty glock. It stays mounted all the time as I have a don Hume
holster that allows it to carry it mounted.
I have been carrying it for over 6 months
on a glock 21. The light has never failed and has been through several nightfore range sessions w/out incident. That lil red dot has already deesculated several situations. The light itself reall fades after about 30 yards.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had nothing but problems with my surefire bulbs, I switched to the Streamlight M6. It is definately tits!!!Streamlight also told me there is a lifetime guarantee, and they are down the street from me !
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Need help with this light stuff!

1.Does Streamlight M6 or even M3 fit the HK USP and Tactical (same rail)?
*EDITED ANSWER IS NO, NOT WITH OUT ADAPTER*
http://www.gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php
2.Will the M6 be able to switch to a Glock rail?
3. Then put it on my picatinny rail on my KAC FF RAS on my AR?

Reason being is I heard ( I think GG&G web site) that the HK rail is different from Glock etc and the Streamlight products would not fit with out an adapter??? I want a light that can fit all my weapons with out breaking out the tools and swapping mounts.
*EDITED ANSWER= MOUNT STAYS ON HK USP WITH SCREWS, WHILE M6 CAN MOVE TO AND FROM WEAPONS WITH OUT USP MOUNT*

Anybody know these answers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
One more Streamlight M6 question. Is there a big diffrence in brightness between the M6 and a Surefire Nitrolon 6volt?

Is there a big batt duration difference too?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Had my M6 for a year now, and streamlight will live up to the warranty. I had a scuffle with a guy were bringing into the jail and he managed to knock my light off the holsters plus carrier i use. Well one of the rocker switchs on the back plate got ripped off,and though i could have just as easily superglued it on, streamlight said to send it in. I sent it in and it came back with a new backplate, bulb, and bezel. Its just as bright as my surefire G2, and I use it on my Glock, Armalite Ar-15, and Mossberg 590A1.

and i havent had the light wash out the laser yet, though of course the laser doesnt work well in daylight
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top