Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2003 2:31:33 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the Streamlight M6? How durable is it compared to Surefire lights? Will the bright white light wash out the laser?

I am looking for a bright, durable light/laser combination. I like the M6 because it can be used on my pistol, rifle or shotgun. But I'm willing to consider other candidates. Any other good light/laser combos out there?

TIA
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:58:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 11:20:50 PM EDT
Is there an adapter for Picatinny rails? I figure the AR-15 adapter is for the plastic handguards, and probably wouldn't do me much good with a float tube, but I can't find a picture of the mount.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:40:20 AM EDT
[url]http://www.gggaz.com/products/m3ti.php[/url]
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:46:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2003 7:47:07 AM EDT by wyv3rn]
I've found another light/laser combination: LDI BLAST [url]http://www.laserdevices.com[/url] Anyone have any experience with these? Looks like it might be even better than a Streamlight M6.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:28:01 PM EDT
I have a m6 on might duty glock. It stays mounted all the time as I have a don Hume holster that allows it to carry it mounted. I have been carrying it for over 6 months on a glock 21. The light has never failed and has been through several nightfore range sessions w/out incident. That lil red dot has already deesculated several situations. The light itself reall fades after about 30 yards.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:00:58 PM EDT
I have had nothing but problems with my surefire bulbs, I switched to the Streamlight M6. It is definately tits!!!Streamlight also told me there is a lifetime guarantee, and they are down the street from me !
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:42:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2003 8:21:33 PM EDT by CARRYAGLOCK]
Need help with this light stuff! 1.Does Streamlight M6 or even M3 fit the HK USP and Tactical (same rail)? *EDITED ANSWER IS NO, NOT WITH OUT ADAPTER* http://www.gggaz.com/products/hk_usp.php 2.Will the M6 be able to switch to a Glock rail? 3. Then put it on my picatinny rail on my KAC FF RAS on my AR? Reason being is I heard ( I think GG&G web site) that the HK rail is different from Glock etc and the Streamlight products would not fit with out an adapter??? I want a light that can fit all my weapons with out breaking out the tools and swapping mounts. *EDITED ANSWER= MOUNT STAYS ON HK USP WITH SCREWS, WHILE M6 CAN MOVE TO AND FROM WEAPONS WITH OUT USP MOUNT* Anybody know these answers?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:44:26 PM EDT
One more Streamlight M6 question. Is there a big diffrence in brightness between the M6 and a Surefire Nitrolon 6volt? Is there a big batt duration difference too?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:10:05 PM EDT
Had my M6 for a year now, and streamlight will live up to the warranty. I had a scuffle with a guy were bringing into the jail and he managed to knock my light off the holsters plus carrier i use. Well one of the rocker switchs on the back plate got ripped off,and though i could have just as easily superglued it on, streamlight said to send it in. I sent it in and it came back with a new backplate, bulb, and bezel. Its just as bright as my surefire G2, and I use it on my Glock, Armalite Ar-15, and Mossberg 590A1. and i havent had the light wash out the laser yet, though of course the laser doesnt work well in daylight
Top Top