Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 5:26:50 PM EDT
I am looking for lights for my two AR's and my hyome defense shotgun. There are so many variations out there I am hoping that some of the experts here can help me narrow down the choices. I have a limited budget and would really like to keep the cost per gun to $100 or less; IF possible. Here is what I am looking for:
For my 20inch AR I want to set it up as a kind of sniper package. I want a good durable, bright light with a remote pressure switch. The light doesn't nessisarily have to be extremely lightweight.

For my M4gery I want a lightwieght light/mount with a remote pressure switch that I can stick to the foregrip. Preferably mouted off to the side of the handguards and not on top or bottom.

For the shotgun  I want I light/mount combo that will work with the big blast of a 12gauge. Also a remote switch that is long enough to be stuck onto the forearm.

I wish I had the money for the dedicated forends from surefire but I don't so I need to keep this affordable. Thanks in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, I wouldn’t call myself an expert, but I’ll try to give some free advice.  Just remember you get what you pay for.  Have you thought about buying one quality system that you could use on different weapons?  The Surefire Millennium Universal Systems will be the best you’ll find.  The 962 series with ARMS mount will cost around $330.  The 961 series will the thumbscrew mount will run about $50 cheaper.  I believe the 952 series are around $300 and again the 951 will be about $50 cheaper than that.  IMHO, for $30 difference and the fact the light could be used on a 20” barrel weapon I would go with the 9-volt system over the 6-volt.  If you changed weapons a lot the ARMS mount would be worth the extra money as well.  You could get some cheaper mounts for the weapons and have a top of the line light system while you saved for better ones.  I know this is over your limit of $100 per gun, but like my advice…you get what you pay for.[:D]
[url]http://www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/267/sesent/00[/url]
Check around with the dealers on the board or in the EE, you might find better prices

Ray        
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm no expert either, but I agree that, unless you're going to use all 3 weapons at once, you should get 1 superior quality light you could quickly swap back and forth between them, and just add the mounts to each weapon.  I'm looking at the same thing, and right now, I'm eyeing the M951SU or M961SU with thumb screws to swap between my AR and 12 gauge.

[img]http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/m951su_thumb.jpg[/img][img]http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/m961su_thumb.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Onslaught, what mounts do you use? Got any pics of the set-ups?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top