User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
MS4.  Easily convertible between single and two point.  QD all the things.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blue Force Gear.

Go BFG custom if you can't find one that suits you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Savvy sniper sling and like it a lot. Has the bungee, quick adjust strap, the ability to turn it into a single point sling. You can order it with all metal buckles, you can also order them custom if need be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Despite your aversion to LAV or any of his associates, my vote is BFG VCAS.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
BFG
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Had a Magpul MS4, switched to a Slingster - like it better and see no need to look further. Moved the MS4 to the 16" (the dumping ground for everything I switch off the pistol, LOL!). The 16" had the old CQB Solutions 3-Point (w/QD buckle for transitions) that I used for a year in Iraq. Apparently that 3-Point should have killed me in Iraq - according to the YouTube/IG #tactigurus.... LOL - I had zero problems with it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I always comeback to the Magpul MS3

I prefer a single point for work (LEO) since the gun is in my hands and seldom out with it for an hour.

The advantage to the 2 point for military guys carrying them for days at a time is obvious.

I use the single point 90% of the time but like the option to switch to two point
Link Posted: 3/10/2019 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I like the MagPul MS-1, simple, solid
View Quote
Me too.  It works fine.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Any feedback or opinions on SpecterGear 2-point slings?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I've tried Magpul MS4, Savvy Sniper, Slingster, VCAS, VTAC, and a few others I can't recall. Here they are ranked (for me) fav to least fav. Have yet to try a Haley D3.

Slingster: Closest to perfection I've found. Sling is light, material is nice and flexible, padded is wide enough, but everything is low profile enough such that sling doesn't catch on stuff. Very reasonably priced. Love it!

Savvy Sniper: Love this sling for lighter rifles or pistols. Built like a tank.

Magpul MS4: Great sling, no complaints, but in the long run I really prefer the Slingster which is lighter, more low profile, and easier for me to adjust quickly.

VTAC: Really like the unpadded version for light rifles. Nylon is nice and flexible. Really don't like the padded version because the pad it too thick (get's caught on stuff).

VCAS: Really hate the coarse material they use for these slings and have sold almost all of mine. But I know they're popular, so to each his own I guess.

Note: my choice for a DMR/Recce is the Rifles Only Carbine sling because I can use it as a cuff sling. Only downside is that it's not a wide padded sling. Built like a tank and will last a lifetime.
Link Posted: 3/19/2019 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Not mentioned as we are a foreign manufacturer and still very unknown in the U.S. Although people on this forum may remember me from working at Ase Utra sound suppressors, which is my primary occupation still.

Here is another alternative that has not been mentioned, the Recon sling from 3HGR:

https://www.3hgr.fi/en/verkkokauppa/tuotteet/3hgr-recon

- Quality materials with IR protection
- Does not absorb water in the same way as slings that utilize cotton in the sling material. So very good feature from the arctic to the jungles.

Great sling overall, even compared to the BFG VCAS slings, which I have personally used for many years.

Best Regards!

Tuukka ( co-owner at 3HGR )

Link Posted: 3/28/2019 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Magpul MS1 hands down the winner... although it is about 6 oz that's the only con. I use it on everything but my "ultralight".

For my ultralight hunting rifle, I started with a Proctor sling and cut/stitched/modified it to work just like a Magpul MS1, but  just over 1 oz including attachment points.

The only con of this ultralight is you don't get QD attachments and the slider doesn't work nearly as fast as the Magpul, but it serves for a hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Have the magpul ms-1 padded, can't go wong with it and like how the pad is intergated into the sling material, nice slider.
Have several BFG VCAS padded and unpadded, damn good slings for the money and works well.
Gave a VTAC padded to my son, didn't like the flimsy strap, didn't like how the pad is attached and didn't like their slider design but it worked well enough if you like loops dangling.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#14]
BFG all the way.
Dennis
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 10:22:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Do not get a sling that stretches. They suck, at least for  me.

The Proctor is a decent light duty sling for in a pinch use. I don't  like it for wearing for hours.

VTac padded is the way to go, to  me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Savvy sniper sling is fantastic. I never wanted to drop the coin on a good sling, as I'm not carrying my rifle around as a civilian. Shooting with this thing is nice though. Definitely helps stabilize the rifle shooting offhand.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Been looking at slings myself, so this thread was a great help.

The custom BFG is a nice option too
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Blue Force Gear.

View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#19]
red back one sling
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:06:42 AM EDT
[#20]
It's great to have so many quality options to choose from but can also make it a hassle making a decision. I've had a few different slings for a variety of firearms. The one that I'm most pleased with and currently use is the Magpul MS4. It's well designed, very well made and adjustments are quick and easy. It's definitely worthy of consideration.
At the end of the day everybody has their favorite gear and personal preference. You have to find what works best for you.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Combat proven Blue force gear/Vickers is king.  All others pale in comparison, are copies of Vickers, or fall apart.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Combat proven Blue force gear/Vickers is king.  All others pale in comparison, are copies of Vickers, or fall apart.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#23]
You can build your own Proctor Sling from parts bought from jontay.com for ~$11.  This is clearly where Proctor gets his parts.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You can build your own Proctor Sling from parts bought from jontay.com for ~$11.  This is clearly where Proctor gets his parts.
View Quote
Parts list? TIA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the Phase 5 Single Point Bungee
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Parts list? TIA.
View Quote
For example on old style
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Parts list? TIA.
View Quote
Example, just add sewing, attachment type of choice (QD, mash hooks, etc) and some 550 cord for the cam buckle.

Link Posted: 9/4/2019 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#28]
I like the Proctor sling, simple, light and effective.

What are you manually tabulating this? No way to vote.
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Had a Magpul MS4, switched to a Slingster - like it better and see no need to look further. Moved the MS4 to the 16" (the dumping ground for everything I switch off the pistol, LOL!). The 16" had the old CQB Solutions 3-Point (w/QD buckle for transitions) that I used for a year in Iraq. Apparently that 3-Point should have killed me in Iraq - according to the YouTube/IG #tactigurus.... LOL - I had zero problems with it.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat. I have the MS4 I like it but it's heavy and cuts into my neck. I just got a slingster but I love it but the damn metal piece scratches up my rifle. How do you avoid that?
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Sierra Tac.

Your welcome.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone tried Specter Gear?

https://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=585
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#32]
BFG

And dont understand why it was not in the poll.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Nevermind, already posted.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
BFG

And dont understand why it was not in the poll.
View Quote
M
Because the slingster is the better, newer version.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 9:59:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Poll fail. I like my Magpul MS3/MS4. They just work fine for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 2:32:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Well OP, and anyone else looking for opinions on slings, I think you see where this is going. Skins are totally personal. I hated my Magpul skins and live my Slingster.

Some people like the Proctor. BFG, etc.

You’re just going to have to buy and sell until you find the one that fits you. Or just get a slingster

This thread reminded me to buy another slingster. Just now.

Fast shipping from SKD for the win!
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Slingster / thread.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Nevermind, already commented.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:36:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I have VCAS, VTAC and most recently an MS1. I will say the MS1 is growing on me. Simple design, robust, and adjusts very smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I’ve converted over to two point slings on most guns... Slingster or Blue Force
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 7:07:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Blue Force Gear.

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 8:31:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I have the Magpul MS4, the VTAC wide padded 2 point, Ferro slingster, and BFG padded 2 point.  They all work fine.

I've settled on the Ferro Slingster for most rifles, and the VTAC wide padded for anything heavy that I'll be wearing for a long time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top