Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2017 3:01:24 PM EDT
 I want to add a bit of CR123 storage to my rifle without adding 6 oz of stock weight. I also like the A2 grip angle so with that being said is the TD BG 16 a good choice? It looks like the only difference between it and the 17 is the extra polymer at that curves around the rear of the bottom receiver? Any other good options for CR 123 storage besides stocks? 
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The MagPul MIAD with the small backstrap and finger bump front strap is basically an A2 grip with storage capability. You can mix and match to configure the grip as desired.

The Tango Down has a similar grip angle, but the shape of the grip gives it a different "feel" when holding the rifle, the swell and curves "force" your hand into position with the TD. This is good for some, not as good for others.

To answer your question, however, yes, the difference between the 16 and 17 is the backstrap/"beavertail."

~Augee
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any other good options for CR 123 storage besides stocks? 
View Quote

If you want to stuff a couple in a grip, the Magpul CR123 grip insert is GTG (and is sealed with waterproof rubber cap).  
The TD grip storage design is less secure, IMO.  However, TD makes forward grips that have sealed storage compartments that are excellent.  
The standard size should hold 2 CR123s, and the stubby will hold 1.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#3]
So I picked up a couple of these guys and have found them to be precisely what I was looking for as far as angle and feel of the grip. I also tried out a VLTOR clubfoot IMOD for storage and added 3 CR123s to it and am finding the weight to be not bad at all. 
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top