Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2017 7:07:01 PM EDT
Im looking for some recommendations for a open top, molle compatible Mag carrier(s) that are single mag per pouch and have either adjustable retention or enough retention to hold the mag but not to where I cant pull it free quickly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue Force are nice. Specter universals are also nice.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Professional use? Recreational use?
For occasional (or SHTF) use... (I know I'll get flamed for this) I recommend Condor. I actually have a plate carrier set up with front/rear plates in a Condor LCS carrier with Condor mag shingle (3 mag, kangaroo rifle/pistol) and it's EASILY durable enough for my intentions.
For duty use... well I can't comment on that, I'm sure the pro's here can help you out there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
HSGI Taco's are pretty popular....
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HSGI Taco's are pretty popular....
View Quote
and G-Code's Scorpion softshell series are similar in style to the HSGI Taco
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I recommend the Esstac mag carriers - they retain mags well and don't require a lot of space.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
What type of magazine?

Emdom Universal and Esstac KYWI are my favorites for universal or dedicated applications. BFG Ten Speeds are the lightest and hold well and draw easy, but good luck reinserting with one hand.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What type of magazine?

Emdom Universal and Esstac KYWI are my favorites for universal or dedicated applications. BFG Ten Speeds are the lightest and hold well and draw easy, but good luck reinserting with one hand.
View Quote
Mostly pmags or D&H and Brownells USGI aluminum Mags. I will be ordering some lancers soon too, and give them a whirl.

I checked out the BFG Ten Speeds, are those just Elastic? Im guessing they are durable or else no one would recommend them but Elastic just doesn't seem like a durable material to me.

Im not concerned with how easily the mags go in as much as how easily they come out when I want them to and that they stay put when I dont
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Professional use? Recreational use?
For occasional (or SHTF) use... (I know I'll get flamed for this) I recommend Condor. I actually have a plate carrier set up with front/rear plates in a Condor LCS carrier with Condor mag shingle (3 mag, kangaroo rifle/pistol) and it's EASILY durable enough for my intentions.
For duty use... well I can't comment on that, I'm sure the pro's here can help you out there.
View Quote
Its mostly for a rifle + pistol class I will be taking and for either "In the event that I need them" or range use after the class. I will be attaching them to a grey ghost gear minimalist carrier that has AR500 Lightweight Swimmers cut 10x12 inch plates.

Not for the class but, I will also have a Molle compatible "battle belt" and would like to be able to switch things around between the two.

I would prefer to stick to either rifle or pistol only Im not big on the double/triple stacked pouches and want to add minimal bulk
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I like olongapo outfitters mag holders.

olongapo outfitters
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#11]
ESSTAC KYWI 

IM me your address and I'll send you one to try.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I checked out the BFG Ten Speeds, are those just Elastic? Im guessing they are durable or else no one would recommend them but Elastic just doesn't seem like a durable material to me.
View Quote
Yes.  They're meant to be extremely low profile.  The tradeoff is a loss in durability.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top