Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 1:22:35 PM EDT
Just ordered a Ruger MPR and will want to use my various Harris bipods on it. The Ruger uses M-LOK and I don't have any experience with any of the modern mounting systems (my Colt HBar has A2 style hand guard).

Do I just buy the Magpul brand M-LOK bipod mount from Amazon for $22? I see a few other brands and notice some differences in design, and don't know of those differences offer improved mounting against the Harris?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Here are examples. As you can see the Magpul has a beveled edge for a short length. The Midwest unit is shorter and  much wider bevel. I can't picture how either is going to attach to the underside of the Harris bipod.

The Magpul mount:

This Midwest Industries

Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much all of them should work.  Most are going to leave a cap between the harris and your rail.  That magpul will probably have less gap than the MI.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what you want.  There's no need to mount to a sling swivel anymore.

LOW PROFILE HARRIS MOUNT (LPHM), MLOK

If for some reason you need a rail mount I'd go with this.

ARISAKA DEFENSE LOW PROFILE BIPOD MOUNT
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't picture how either is going to attach to the underside of the Harris bipod.
View Quote
Harris bipods were designed to mount on the common sling stud found on almost any commercial bolt-action rifle.  These M-Lok mounts essentially just are adding that sling stud to your M-Lok rail.

These "claws" on the bipod grab onto that stud, and as you tighten the thumb screw, the claws pull down, thus forcing the padded surface around them you see up and snug against the stock (or in this case rail).

I Have used the Magpul option on my Savage Stealth and on of my ARs, they work fine and allow the bipod to snug up onto the rail surface, so they're very low-profile.

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:02:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I really like that badger mount. Great option for a swivel harris.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 8:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
These two look like good options for a semi-permanent bipod mount. Permanent in the fact that tools will be required to remove the bipod. It appears to completely replace the standard clamp that mounts to the swivel stud. Very nice low profile way to mount a dedicated bipod for a certain rifle. Or if you have standardized on one type of handguard mounting system.

The mounts that include the swivel stud will accept the standard bipod mount. which can be removed by hand with the screw. Good for those who may want to move the bipod to different rifles. However, having the adapter for the swivel stud does add some bulk to the mounting system for sure.

I chose to use a swivel stud adapter on my AR15 since I only have one bipod currently and have 2-3 rifles that I may want to move it to depending on what I'm shooting.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top