Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:57:50 PM EDT
Will the H&K hooks for the Gear Sector sling work fine with a Magpul ASAP adapter?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're talking about the ASAP sling plate, then yes.

Though HK hooks have been known to do this:

HK hook accidental disconnect
More
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I've run the HK hooks with my Gear Sector ASP sling and the Magpul ASAP for a year on duty and I've never experienced an accidental disconnect.  I would have a very difficult time seeing the HK hook fail or disconnect considering how it's designed vs the aligator clip on the Magpul MS2.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok...I just watched that video! Very interesting!  I think you would have a far more difficult time making that disconnect happen with the Magpul ASAP because it move around.  Not saying its impossible...but extremely difficult!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#4]
If the plate's link get's caught on anything, though.

Go for the Mash Hook instead. They're compatible with Gear Sector auxillary adapters.

Mash Hooks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Having run the Noveske QD endplate and a Magpul ASAP with my Gear Sector single point / HK hook I think both work very well but I personally prefer the Noveske endplate with a push button QD.  Much easier to get connected than trying to fight with that tiny loop on the ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Small side note. That video is a little misleading. Not all H&K style hooks are created equal. The one shown is a cheap hook like you find on the "tactical slings" that the fat guy at the gun shows sells. On the higher quality and real H&K hooks the spring gate overlaps the hook and makes a smooth transition top to bottom.  Not sure what style hook GS runs but given the quality of everything else they make I'm sure they're good to go.    
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top