Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:57:50 PM EDT
Will the H&K hooks for the Gear Sector sling work fine with a Magpul ASAP adapter?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 2:57:21 PM EDT by General_Mazaki]
If you're talking about the ASAP sling plate, then yes.

Though HK hooks have been known to do this:

HK hook accidental disconnect
More
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:43:23 AM EDT
I've run the HK hooks with my Gear Sector ASP sling and the Magpul ASAP for a year on duty and I've never experienced an accidental disconnect. I would have a very difficult time seeing the HK hook fail or disconnect considering how it's designed vs the aligator clip on the Magpul MS2.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:46:08 AM EDT
Ok...I just watched that video! Very interesting! I think you would have a far more difficult time making that disconnect happen with the Magpul ASAP because it move around. Not saying its impossible...but extremely difficult!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:04:58 AM EDT
If the plate's link get's caught on anything, though.

Go for the Mash Hook instead. They're compatible with Gear Sector auxillary adapters.

Mash Hooks
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:45:18 AM EDT
Having run the Noveske QD endplate and a Magpul ASAP with my Gear Sector single point / HK hook I think both work very well but I personally prefer the Noveske endplate with a push button QD. Much easier to get connected than trying to fight with that tiny loop on the ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:45:26 AM EDT
Small side note. That video is a little misleading. Not all H&K style hooks are created equal. The one shown is a cheap hook like you find on the "tactical slings" that the fat guy at the gun shows sells. On the higher quality and real H&K hooks the spring gate overlaps the hook and makes a smooth transition top to bottom. Not sure what style hook GS runs but given the quality of everything else they make I'm sure they're good to go.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:20:51 AM EDT
Top Top