Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 6:03:52 AM EDT
I read one post on this bipod, has anyone had time to put any wear and tear on one of these? Also TD told me the price was $195. Troy lists it for $150. Does anyone else carry them and for how much? Any help or direction would be appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#1]
First off ;  hi, and welcome to AR15.com!

I actually just ordered one of these yesterday from GRTactical. Yes, $195 is the going rate for these. The price on Troy's website is out of date, I emailed Troy a while ago and was told as much, and that they now sell them at $195 as well.

GRTactical, Troy, and direct from TangoDown seem to be the only places to get one, at least that I have found.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! TD sent me some cool pics, I just want to see some more before spending the cash. I would mount it on a Surefire M73, would be good to see it that way. TD makes really good stuff, I was just wondering how the hinge, pivot and cant held up over time. If it still functions when dirty or with general abuse. Maybe too new for anyone to know yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks! TD sent me some cool pics, I just want to see some more before spending the cash. I would mount it on a Surefire M73, would be good to see it that way. TD makes really good stuff, I was just wondering how the hinge, pivot and cant held up over time. If it still functions when dirty or with general abuse. Maybe too new for anyone to know yet.

Check out this review of the ACB

Plenty of great pictures too

I'll probably put up some of my own pics when I get mine in, hopefully by this weekend
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
they are really nice looking and i'd like one but $195.00 is too much in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. It's nice, light, folds and deploys nicely (though a more positive lock/unlock would be appreciated) and pans nicely. It is however a little too tall when fully deployed. I like to be able to run my pods lower with shorter mags.

Really nopticed how propped up I was when running with a C-Mag.

Simon
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Great review! The height issue concerns me slightly, the review speaks of a shorter version possibly soon? I think I am already sold!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:52:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got one, and it's easily the best bipod for a RECCE that I've ever used. I've had it for about a week, but I've been beating the hell out of it, and submitting it to as many forms of abuse as I can dish out.

With a 30 round mag and the shooting positions I use, it's perfect. It's also great for "SAW hooking" cover, etc.

Troy has them for $195, the $150 is the old price.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought mine from Jason at JTac supply  www.jtacsupply.com/ at the last Tulsa show. It's worked out fantastic on my FF RAS MRE equipped carbine. I've also ran it on my SAGE stocked M1A with very good results.  So far it's held up to both the .223 and .308 guns quite well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be in Tulsa, I guess if I want to see it in person I should be able to there. I just don't know if I can wait that long!
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I bought mine from Jason at JTac supply  www.jtacsupply.com/ at the last Tulsa show. It's worked out fantastic on my FF RAS MRE equipped carbine. I've also ran it on my SAGE stocked M1A with very good results.  So far it's held up to both the .223 and .308 guns quite well.

Post some pics, darn you! The TD Bipod is about the only thing you could have added to make that rifle more awesome than it was
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Alright, I just got mine in today from GR Tactical. I'm very impressed so far, but I have yet to go to the range with it. It is defenitly a well built bi-pod; very sturdy, locks into position when deployed and when stowed against the handguards, reasonably light and compact.

I personally dont feel that the leg height is an issue, although those who prefer a standard grip on the rifle's handguards may find the length somewhat annoying. I use vert. grips or magwell hold for the most part, so it's not problem. The legs may also interfere with lights in offset mounts.

I will get a range report with some pics up when I can.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Post some pics, darn you! The TD Bipod is about the only thing you could have added to make that rifle more awesome than it was

Ok, I haven't posted any online pics in a long time. Here's three showing the bipod on two different guns. All of these were hastily taken and not anywhere near good quality shots.

Rough pic of the TD pod on my carbine with TA01NSN ACOG scope.

TD bipod folded up on a SAGE stock

TD extended on SAGE stock

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:51:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Ok, I haven't posted any online pics in a long time. Here's three showing the bipod on two different guns. All of these were hastily taken and not anywhere near good quality shots.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/M4-TDBIPOD.jpg

I love that rifle!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Three very cool weapons!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love that rifle!

I can't tell what it is.  It looks like part ZM, part MGI and part POF.  I'm not putting it down, it looks nice.  A closer side view would look good.

TS
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 10:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I see that part of it, but I also see an LMT stock, a Young Vortec FS (like POF), and a pistol grip that looks very much like a ZM PG.

TS
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love that rifle!

I can't tell what it is.  It looks like part ZM, part MGI and part POF.  I'm not putting it down, it looks nice.  A closer side view would look good.

TS

FFRAS-MRE with a Crane Stock and a Magpul MIAD. Also, ACOG w/ Optima, and an OTAL-IR. I think that's an old style M962SU06 w/ an IR filter and a TD Vert Grip. To top it off it's a PRI FSB and a KAC 300M BUIS. Flash suppressor is a Phantom, unless he changed it. I can't really tell...

I LOVE that rifle.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the comments.

Cap'n is almost totally correct except that the top mount optic is a J Point (same diff really) the rear BUIS is the KAC 600 meter (My 300 meter is on a diff gun now.) Flash suppressor is a Smith Ent. vortex, though I do have the phantom that used to be on it.

The LMT stock is riding on a Colt receiver extension and I have added a KAC single point sling mount at the rear of the lower receiver. I now run the two point style set up with my forward KAC QD sling swivel mounted just at the edge of the upper receiver on the left side. This is the greatest sling positioning I've found as it gets the old style three point I used to use out of the way of the accessories and such.

Not viewable on the left side is a TD rail panel with pressure pad cut out for the IR laser.

Trigger system is the KAC 2 stage match trigger. I can't express how much that aids in accurate shooting with the ACOG scope. It's great to ease concentration with an easier functioning trigger over the factory one stage it originally had in it.

ETA: I would like to say that virtually every piece of that gun was bought from various ar15.com dealers if you're going to spend money on weapon parts and accessories for your AR this is the place to do it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Alright I finally got my digital camera back, so I made my own little mini-review of the ACB

First off, this bipod is definetly a quality piece of gear, and worth the price tag in my opinion.

It mounts by 'tilting' onto the rail at the desired location then tightening the two screws down

The screws are captured so that they cant be lost

The legs attach to a extended piece that contains a swivel and spring that allows the rifle to track [about 15-20 degrees] and cant [about 5 degrees to either side]. A very well thought out feature.

Heres some pics that kind of show the tracking ability of the bipod

The only negative thing I can think to say about the ACB is that when the legs are stowed against the handguards it will interfere with lights in an offset mount, and will make a standard grip on the rifles handguards uncomfortable.

I dont mind this so much as I usually use the vert grip or a magwell hold. My AR is a midlength, but on a carbine gas system AR, the legs will fold up and be touching the delta ring.

The legs can be extended to three different positions. Fully closed they are about 7.5" long, fully extended they are about 10". In the fully closed position, a 30 round mag will still clear the ground (I'm using a 20rd'er in all the pics though)

The legs are extended/closed by pressing in on the button, then pulling down/pushing up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Eupfhoria,

Try mounting the bipod to the rear a little, to allow the bipod feet to nest against, or just past, the delta ring on your handguard. That should give you ample room for hand placement. We designed the ACB-4 to work with our vertical grip,  if needed.

Nice gun-
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I am waiting for them to come our in DE, then I'll get to do my own testing.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#24]
The pictures are a big help! I just got back from the big Tulsa show, I played with one there and was impressed. I found some other deals I had to take and had to let the bipod pass for the time being but will definitely be getting my hands on one soon! Anyone think the price will come down when more distibutors get their hands on them?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Eupfhoria,

Try mounting the bipod to the rear a little, to allow the bipod feet to nest against, or just past, the delta ring on your handguard. That should give you ample room for hand placement. We designed the ACB-4 to work with our vertical grip,  if needed.

Nice gun-

I have it moved back a little now, but my vert grip is exactly where I like it, so I cant move it too much more. Again, it really doesnt matter to me at all, since I'm either using the bipod or a vert grip/magwell hold.

And thanks!

Keep making top quality gear, and I'll keep getting it
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Eufphoria,

Thanks for the support, glad you like the ACB-4.
More good stuff on the way!

Best-
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top