Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:19:43 PM EDT
I have the carbine length Tango Down rail guards and now need shorter rail guards due to the adding of accessories.  Has anyone had luck with cutting the Tango Down's to make them shorter or would it be best to just buy different ones.  I have been eyeing the KAC panels since you can get them in various lengths.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I cut my KAC's with this:

I imagine the TD's should be about as easy, just cut straight and clean up with some sandpaper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not so sure that those will do the job.  The ones that I have will have to be cut with a dremel, band saw, jigsaw or something along those lines.  There is no way I could cut mine with scissors.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I know, brain fart!

I was thinking of MagPuls for some reason...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I cut my KAC's with this:
www.uncrate.com/men/images/stanley-fatmax-hacksaw.jpg

I imagine the TD's should be about as easy, just cut straight and clean up with some sandpaper.

I use to do that , so easy.

PP out
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Mitre box and saw make nice straight cuts.
Stanley sells a cheap yellow plastic mitre box and saw combo for about 8 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
perhaps this link will help.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=227356

Here are mine.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I used a small saw, taped the end that I wanted to cut with painters masking tape as a guide.  When I was done, I used a bench grinder to smooth out the edges and round off the ends.  Worked for me, it may not for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I used my compound mitre saw with a trim blade installed.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top