Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:22:28 AM EDT
Where can I find one? Seems none of the surplus stores near here sell them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:36:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 6:49:10 AM EDT by Bumblebee_Bob]
Welcome aboard RobbieB!

Check out some of the other threads in this forum and some of the "retro-builds" threads. Look for a link to Moore Militaria. He has a good selection for a decent price, though I haven't gotten any of mine from him.

Found it. It's in Dog1's So..you are thinking of a retro build...PICS and information thread. He has a few more links you may find interesting.

Thanks for the save Alpha-Romeo3.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:47:01 PM EDT
Fixed the link to "So..you are thinking of a retro build...PICS and information" thread.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=263900&page=1
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 3:50:45 PM EDT by USMC88-93]
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.
Iron Brigade Armory
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
Yep, but in black.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:56:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RobbieB:
Yep, but in black.

I bought a black one just like that one in the picture.

I got a commercial model made by RRA called CMP (DCM) match sling which I purchased from ADCO Firearms.

ADCO Firearms website link
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:36:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RobbieB:
Yep, but in black.

that's the same thing i'm always tryign to find..

adn at least while I was in the USMC the slings were black.. not green
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2006 11:45:24 PM EDT by Colt_SBR]
Tagged because I would like a couple of G.I. issue green slings.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:11:44 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt_SBR:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif

Hey, I just bought a green US sling (M14 style) for my Dissy with green furniture. It is just like the sling I had in the Corps except green instead of black.

I got it from CDNN... for $6.99 (along with a bunch of other things I ordered. ) It's listed as NEW surplus. Check it out at their website here.
I also got one of their AK/SKS green slings for my Yugo SKS.

They also have the black M16 "silent slings"...not what I was issued, but I guess what the Army use on their M16s here for $2.99

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:21:51 AM EDT
dumb question....

how do you post links that don't have the same text as the actual link?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:28:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By No_Expert:

Hey, I just bought a green US sling (M14 style) for my Dissy with green furniture. It is just like the sling I had in the Corps except green instead of black.

I got it from CDNN... for $6.99 (along with a bunch of other things I ordered. ) It's listed as NEW surplus. Check it out at their website here.

They also have the black M16 "silent slings"...not what I was issued, but I guess what the Army use on their M16s here for $2.99

No Expert

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:37:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Snaps:
dumb question....

Use the "link" button in the box marked Insert Tags:, just like you would use the bold, italic, or underline features. it is the one that looks like a globe with an "infinity" in front of it (its really a link)... just to the left of the icon that looks like a letter. It will prompt you first for the text, then the URL you want that text to go to.

No Expert
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:05:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Snaps:
dumb question....

Use the "link" button in the box marked Insert Tags:, just like you would use the bold, italic, or underline features. it is the one that looks like a globe with an "infinity" in front of it (its really a link)... just to the left of the icon that looks like a letter. It will prompt you first for the text, then the URL you want that text to go to.

No Expert

That sounds so complicated. I just type:
{url=paste URL here}non-link text{/url}
except with square brackets "[]" instead of curly "{}".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:55:15 PM EDT
tag..looking for an original M16A1 black sling as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:58:41 AM EDT
what makes it a silent sling? I have an A2 20" that I want to put a black sling on. Any suggestions? Any one know of a DIY?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:35:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eddienyr:
what makes it a silent sling? I have an A2 20" that I want to put a black sling on. Any suggestions? Any one know of a DIY?

It is a nylon strap with a buckle on each end. No hooks, no compression buckle as found on the M1 type sling. The Army uses them, and are basically only useful as a carrying strap. Barely worth the $3 they get for new ones.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:16:38 PM EDT
So whats a good A2 sling? Any other DIY instructions? I want to use it for plinking, carrying of course, serious target shooting. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:24:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eddienyr:
So whats a good A2 sling? Any other DIY instructions? I want to use it for plinking, carrying of course, serious target shooting. Any suggestions?

Serious target shooting? Turner or Les Tam. There are a few others, but those are the top contenders.

However, I know a few HP shooters that use a cotton M1 sling mounted backwards and do just fine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 7:14:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USMC88-93:
Are you asking about the standard web sling like this.
Iron Brigade Armory
img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/PhotoTWB/gisling.jpg

USMC-
Is that sling cotton or nylon? I seem to remember some OD nylon ones. Have a cotton one that is the same as an M-14 sling that came from Fred's
Thnx,
Moon
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:21:43 AM EDT

No Expert

Thanks for the info.

Freds M14 Stocks has the Green ones for $5.00

www.fredm14stocks.com

Top Top