Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:41 PM EDT
I’m looking for a good place to buy my sling from, I’ve already decided what sling I’m after and would like some feed back on that as well, any good recommendations on a cheep and fast place to order it from? TIA

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:23:48 PM EDT
Not a chance I would own or recommend that sling. Is there a specific reason you want that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:14:07 AM EDT
I liked the way it looked, but no real reason I do like it, do you have any other recommendations?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:16:57 AM EDT
Get the SOP sling here, high quality gear from Specter and outstanding service from Operation Parts - and no goofy-ass front connector.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:47:08 AM EDT

Besides the way the sling hooks up is there anything other real negatives?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/25/2006 9:01:50 AM EDT by Stickman]
If you are looking for a basic 3 point sling, I used a Tactical Tailor model for years. It served me well, but the 3 point lacks the mobility that I need when working in cramped quarters, I've also run into some issues when I've had to use the carbine as an impact weapon. The 3 point didn't have the freedom that I needed in one case, and while I don't claim to be a genius, I'm smart enough to learn from experience.

Below is a picture of how my 3 point was setup, and while it doesn't look pretty, it was setup for a purpose. I now run the A.S.P. Single Point Sling on my duty and training weapons.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:18:59 PM EDT
Stick,
Are you a tactical guru or a professional photographer? Your pics rock!! You even have some sweet "Stickman" logo on the pics. You're killin me brother!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:11:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Policetacteam:
Stick,
Are you a tactical guru or a professional photographer? Your pics rock!! You even have some sweet "Stickman" logo on the pics. You're killin me brother!

Whichever he is, I know I sure as hell pay attention when he speaks/writes. And, I don't mind having the Stickman "copyright" in the corner of my desktop pic, LOL!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:43:15 PM EDT
Top Top