Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 8:26:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2006 8:22:55 AM EDT by corpdriller]
grippod
I find this interesting. Wondering if anyone else did.
Your comments are welcome even if you don't have one.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:40:00 AM EDT
i have used them on several occasions. I haven't picked on up but i should. i like them and they are rock solid. offers more flexibility than the harris setups
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:18:41 AM EDT
I think you would find better use for it on certain weapons systems than an AR, but to each their own.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:35:26 AM EDT
I had one but sold it on the EE. It functioned as a nice bipod but I decided it was too bulky and too heavy. I had the aluminum version so the polymer version might have suited me better, it is several ounces lighter. I tried it on both my MRP and my FAL but decided it wasn't for me.

One big problem I had with it was that I felt the base was not secure - it had only a single thumbnut holding it on the rifle. For a VFG that would be sufficient but not for a bipod. Personally I would prefer a wider base (like the Dieter CQD) with at least 2 or 3 attachment points like allen head screws, not thumbscrews, holding it on.

I like the concept but not this version. Maybe they will come out with a better version in the future.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:20:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
I think you would find better use for it on certain weapons systems than an AR, but to each their own.

That was my thought, maybe on a SAW. I just use the magazine as a monopod on my AR.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:29:33 PM EDT
Nope, don't care for vertical foregrips, and I'm not sure this does anything that the mag prone doesn't do just as well. A gimmick IMHO, though I have to confess I haven't used one myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:34:50 PM EDT
Mag prone works great if you are running slick, but just try it when you are kitted out with a plate carrier with a chest plate in and 2 mags in your mag pouches. You are so high off the ground that the mag prone will hardly work...
Top Top