Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 2:54:37 PM EDT
Slight hitch in my failure to plan.  Have Harris Bipod. Had it mounted on standard fore end with Harris HB-5 adapter.  Now need an adapter for the MI 18 two piece fore end set

Never mind found this on the Harris site
www.harrisbipods.com/
HB638 - Picatinny Rail Bipod Adapter

Anyone know another mfg?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
brightflashlights carries yhm, he can be found in the industry forum

there is also first samco,larue tactical, a.r.m.s., knights, etc.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the YHM version from RB Precision, a very nice unit.

It does not have the quick detach feature, but for around $22-24 (cannot recall the price) you cannot beat it.

If I had the $$ to spend, I would get the ARMS model, sits a little lower than the Larue.

I have my YHM mounted on my #59 SIR, love it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just an FYI......that website is not the website of the manufacturer.  Harris does not have a website as I have heard from several people that Mr. Harris does not believe in the internet.  

And I agree that the YHM bipod adapter is a good choice.  I also happen to like the KAC one too.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Slight hitch in my failure to plan.  Have Harris Bipod. Had it mounted on standard fore end with Harris HB-5 adapter.  Now need an adapter for the MI 18 two piece fore end set

Never mind found this on the Harris site
www.harrisbipods.com/
HB638 - Picatinny Rail Bipod Adapter

Anyone know another mfg?

KAC makes a nice inexpensive bipod adapter. - FWIW
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all. After looking at all the options, I went with the YHM.  It was specifically designed for the Harris bipod (has a large flat contact surface for the Harris plate).  Most of the others were basically a sling mount, maybe very robust ones, but sling mounts none the less.
When I saw the price of the LaRue, it was the hardest I coughed without the doctor holding my nuts!
www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html about 2/3rds the way down the page.
www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_sling_adapters.htm
www.knightarmco.com/slicks/Sling%20Swivel%20MT04.pdf

That may not be all of the ones made, but it was enough. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I had tried the Fobus/Samco/Command arms one, the mild recoil of 223 hurt the plastic crossbar enough to damage it. Had another I got from Brownells that was cheap, had a big Colt style thumbnut. Whole thing rusted on me.
Eventually I broke down and bought the ARMS mount, which is superb, couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks to all. After looking at all the options, I went with the YHM.  It was specifically designed for the Harris bipod (has a large flat contact surface for the Harris plate).  Most of the others were basically a sling mount, maybe very robust ones, but sling mounts none the less.
When I saw the price of the LaRue, it was the hardest I coughed without the doctor holding my nuts!
www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/rails.html about 2/3rds the way down the page.
www.midwestindustriesinc.com/ar_sling_adapters.htm
www.knightarmco.com/slicks/Sling%20Swivel%20MT04.pdf

That may not be all of the ones made, but it was enough. Thanks again.

No need to cough on the price of the Larue. He makes quality stuff. I was a skeptic too until I bought one of his FF rails, worth every penny. I ended spending more by buying a cheaper FF that eventually loosened one too many times - then the money to buy Larue to have what I really wanted. Others will tell you the same about the quality of Larue.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#8]

No need to cough on the price of the Larue. He makes quality stuff. I was a skeptic too until I bought one of his FF rails, worth every penny. I ended spending more by buying a cheaper FF that eventually loosened one too many times - then the money to buy Larue to have what I really wanted. Others will tell you the same about the quality of Larue.

I never meant the comment to imply any there was any question as to the quality of LaRue products. It's just that at this stage in my life, very good is good enough as I will never be in a situation where the superior quality of the LaRue product would make a difference.  In this case, I just need a way to mount my Harris bipod on the new MI forend rail.  
Thanks

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using the First Samco adapter which is nice because it uses a removable sling swivel stud to attach the bipod to it.  I removed the little pinchers and related tightening and clamping parts from my Harris and the stud from the first Samco (Fobus) QD bipod adapter and used a small bolt and larger fender washer to mount the Harris directly to the bipod adapter.  

It works very well and it makes me feel very special whenever I think about it.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top