Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:32:19 PM EDT
Received my ASP from JTrusty just in time for Christmas.  Outstanding delivery time.

This is my first single point but it appears that the quality of all materials is definitely superior.  It is comfortable and hangs naturally without pinching or pulling.  I was worried that the thin strap would pull my shoulder/neck too much.  It wasn't too bad but I would't want to carry it free swinging too much without a pad of some sort at the shoulder.  Of course, once I learn more about what I'm doing, that may all go away.

The only "ding" that I had was that the free strap on the part that attaches to the swivel could have been longer.  I didn't get my Tango Down swivel attachment hardware so I tried to get it around the buffer tube of my Crane -- just to test out the feel.  It would go but only about a quarter of an inch into the buckle.  It would hold for a while but would ultimately slip out.  If they could give me about an inch more of material...

Thanks for the recommendation, Stickman, and thanks for the great quality and service Jason.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
The tubular webbing makes a huge difference in the sling.  It lets the sling absorb more weight without digging into your shoulder like thinner webbing will.

Glad you like it, as far as it needing to be longer, wait until you get it setup correctly, you will see......
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
as far as it needing to be longer, wait until you get it setup correctly, you will see......

That's what I figured...cut that way for a reason.  I'll try to get some pictures up as soon as I get the TD.  They won't be as nice as yours though (proper equipment matters).
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't worry about the length of the attachment.  If anything, I almost feel that mine is too long.  Just wait for your new equipment and that prob will go away.  The narrowness of the sling was a concern for me as well, but it routes around and over chest rigs/carriers, and the tube does a good job of not cutting into your neck.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wolf_Warrior

The accessory stub is not designed to wrap around the buffer tube, I make a seperate weapon attachment stub specifically for wrapping around thicker objects - its called the stock stub. There is more than enough material in the stock stub to accomodate the circumference of most tapered stocks.

The accessory stub is intentionally short. Short enough that when installed through a sling loop there is minimal 'excess' webbing. Once you get your Tango Down swivel installed it will all become clear.

ETA: Glad it arrived in time for the holidays.

Thanks. You are TOO cool, Jason.  I really like the feel of it.  Good job.  As soon as I get the TD in, I'll post some pics.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Pictures are mandatory, and GOOD pictures are always a plus.  There are no style points when there are feet/ toes in the picture.

Come to think of it, why haven't we seen pictures already?  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:10:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Stickman, I'm intimidated by your excellent photography.

ETA: But here goes...

Close up with the new Crane/LMT.  Since I didn't have the TD hardware, I just rigged the ASP on the Crane for looks.

When I get the TD hardware, I'll post another one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, you convinced me. I just dropped my check in the mail. It will go on my Rock River Elite UTE I just took delivery on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Okay, you convinced me. I just dropped my check in the mail. It will go on my Rock River Elite UTE I just took delivery on.

You will love it.

WW- Which sling piece are you getting?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#10]
If I understand your question, I'm getting the Tango Down PR-4.  I thought that I'd have it by now but they got hit by a bunch of military orders before the Holidays and they won't have them back in stock until the 14th.

ETA:  Now I'd like to figure a way to use a two-point with the same hardware so that if I want to take a long hike through the hills, I can convert to a more practical carry for that mode.  Any ideas?

Jason, how about a two-point rig to go along with my ASP?  All it would take -- I think -- is another one of your attachment points and a sling with attachment points on either end?  You can probably rig one of those up in about 15 minutes, eh?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Any ideas?

Way overdue, but it has been addressed here.

Quoted:
You can probably rig one of those up in about 15 minutes, eh?

Could I? Yeah I suppose I could. But I never do anything quickly (except customer service and shipping of course ). I would rather take the extra time to insure that the product meets and/or exceeds expectations first time round.

Pics?

I don't know for HK hooks.  I've seen them pictured in other threads but would they snap to the front swivel?

Oh, I like my ASP a lot.  Take your time on your newest invention.  If it is as good as the ASP, you'll have a winner.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got the PR4 from Tango Down today.  Installation was not too bad but took some time to screw it together using the hex wrench (provided, thank you).  A bit of a finger breaker at times.  There is a small gap between the castle nut and the device.  I'd rather it not be there (gathers junk) but that's probably something I've done.

Anyway, the ASP fits great with it.  Feels good.  Comes up nicely from any postion without snagging anywhere.  Very comfortable.

No, the Crane stock won't close down to the closest position but that's ok because I have no use for that position ... charging handle smacks my nose.

I'll try it out at the ranch in a few weeks but so far, it seems to be the perfect combination (PR4 and ASP) for me.

I'll provide pics when I have time.

ETA: JTrusty, when will the two point configuration be available?  I'm thinking about a long hike in the mountains.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll try it out at the ranch in a few weeks... I'll provide pics when I have time

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your post ranch report and photos.

Yep, ranch.  They don't let me on the range -- too much ranch shooting, I guess.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:50:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Finally got the PR4 from Tango Down today.  Installation was not too bad but took some time to screw it together using the hex wrench (provided, thank you).  A bit of a finger breaker at times.  There is a small gap between the castle nut and the device.  I'd rather it not be there (gathers junk) but that's probably something I've done.

Anyway, the ASP fits great with it.  Feels good.  Comes up nicely from any postion without snagging anywhere.  Very comfortable.

No, the Crane stock won't close down to the closest position but that's ok because I have no use for that position ... charging handle smacks my nose.

I'll try it out at the ranch in a few weeks but so far, it seems to be the perfect combination (PR4 and ASP) for me.

ETA: JTrusty, when will the two point configuration be available?  I'm thinking about a long hike in the mountains.

You are correct. The PR4 screws are tight, but it won't come loose. I found that if I loosed the screws, and gently tapped it with a rubber or plastic mallet, it snugged right up to the castle nut. Are you mounting it on a mil-spec tube? Sometimes the OD of the commercial tubes affects how the thing fits, since it was designed for mil-spec tubes.

Mine has a very thin gap but does not bother me at all. (This mounted on a Vltor tube with a Vltor stock.)

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct. The PR4 screws are tight, but it won't come loose. I found that if I loosed the screws, and gently tapped it with a rubber or plastic mallet, it snugged right up to the castle nut. Are you mounting it on a mil-spec tube? Sometimes the OD of the commercial tubes affects how the thing fits, since it was designed for mil-spec tubes.

Mine has a very thin gap but does not bother me at all. (This mounted on a Vltor tube with a Vltor stock.)

coloradoshooting.org/ipw-web/gallery/albums/tdpr4/a_p4_top.sized.jpg

About the same as your pics.  Mil spec tube -- Crane/LMT stock.  Not a big deal.

Pushing the collapsable stock against the PR4 as I tightened it helped a lot.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top