Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/18/2003 4:49:15 PM EDT
I need a new sling and have read many things on this group about CQB and Giles, but no one mentions the Viking. Anybody have any experience with it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:09:04 AM EDT
I've never heard of the Viking sling. Got a link? What do you think it offers over the Giles?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:00:10 AM EDT
I didn't say the Viking had any advantages over the Giles. I've just read lots of positive comments from Giles users and never any from Viking users, and I wanted to see if Viking users think the sling is hot stuff or a POS. All my sling experience is with the M1907 and the "silent sling," so I'm venturing into a new area here and wanted some comparative data. Here's the Viking link: http://www.vikingtactics.com/ForSale/vtac_sling1.htm
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:19:43 AM EDT
Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:17:07 PM EDT
I have a VTac sling on a bushy pre-ban and like it well.Sling is very well thought out design and is very shooter friendly.My only complaint is I wish it was made out of a 1.25" web instead of the 1" web.The quick adjust feature is really nice for different shooting situations,I couldn't believe all the times I adjusted it during a match which required shooting prone,traversing country quickly then off hand shooting.I also have a single point sling on a Oly and a CQB SOP I use.In my opinion they all have advantages/disadvantages over the other.Just my 2cents,Jeff
Top Top