Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 4:49:15 PM EDT
I need a new sling and have read many things on this group about CQB and Giles, but no one mentions the Viking.  Anybody have any experience with it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of the Viking sling.  Got a link?

What do you think it offers over the Giles?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I didn't say the Viking had any advantages over the Giles.  I've just read lots of positive comments from Giles users and never any from Viking users, and I wanted to see if Viking users think the sling is hot stuff or a POS.

All my sling experience is with the M1907 and the "silent sling," so I'm venturing into a new area here and wanted some comparative data.

Here's the Viking link:

http://www.vikingtactics.com/ForSale/vtac_sling1.htm
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a VTac sling on a bushy pre-ban and like it well.Sling is very well thought out design and is very shooter friendly.My only complaint is I wish it was made out of a 1.25" web instead of the 1" web.The quick adjust feature is really nice for different shooting situations,I couldn't believe all the times I adjusted it during a match which required shooting prone,traversing country quickly then off hand shooting.I also have a single point sling on a Oly and a CQB SOP I use.In my opinion they all have advantages/disadvantages over the other.Just my 2cents,Jeff
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top