Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 4:40:57 PM EDT
[Originally posted in GD, but this seems like a better place for it.]

I have wanted a well put together shellbag to support my Benelli M1 Super 90 since I tried the Tac-Star Sidesaddle and was unhappy with the way it tended to bind up the receiver and cause failures to feed and eject. I tried a bandoleer, but found the shells on the back of it difficult to get to without some gymnastic exertions. After looking at some commercially available pouches and shellbags, I decided I was going to have to come up with something on my own.

Enter Recce gear. I happened to get a look at a pic of a magazine dump pouch made by custom gear maker Recce gear and thought it would make an outstanding shotshell pouch with a couple of additions. I emailed Jon Nelson and asked him what he thought of the idea, and soon had a money order in the mail to him.

It’s made of coyote brown Cordura nylon, with vertical PALS webbing on the upper attachment point and horizontal PALS webbing on the pouch itself. The stitching is heavy duty nylon thread, and is very well done. The edges of the pouch are all well dressed, and the ends of the straps are heat sealed to prevent fraying, as are the ends of the 550 cord zipper pulls.

The back panel of the pouch has a piece of closed cell foam sewn into it to prevent the contents from bashing against my hipbone during movement. There is also a removable, adjustable leg strap with a piece of elastic sewn in for more adaptabililty to the user. The belt attachment is about as bombproof as I’ve seen, and is accomplished with a big foldover, velcroed flap. There is also a panel of hook-side velcro inside the attachment to keep the pouch in place on the rigger’s belt.

Just inside the heavy duty zipper are flaps of elastic that overlap. These keep the contents from going flying if the wearer goes flying: a great idea and one I hadn’t thought of when I ordered the pouch. All internal seams are taped. The dimensions of the pouch itself are 7”Hx7”Wx3.5”D, big enough to hold fifty shells, while still leaving the slugs in the six elastic loops free and easily removed with one hand and without having to peel back the opening of the pouch.

It took longer to get the pouch from Recce gear than estimated, but I’m willing to cut him a little slack on that since I ordered it before the invasion/liberation of Iraq, and I told him I was in no burning hurry for it. I would definitely do business with Recce gear again.

Contact Recce gear/Jon Nelson at: [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice dude.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top