Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2003 10:29:09 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get a boonie style hat with snaps on the sides for those sunny days at the range?  I have seen them before but cannot seem to locate them anywhere online. I also was hoping to get one that is not camoflauge or safety orange.

Actually, a good question- Anyone found any unusual clothing that works particularly well for the range?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my boonie from CheaperThanDirt in khaki. CTD had them in every color including black, OD green, BDU camo ...

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey I got one for you. Don't laugh. I got it at Disneyland (Adventure Land). An Aussie bush hat, in Kaki. The brim has snaps to button up the sides. Maybe check out Disneyland Site.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
You could make your own.  Buy a Boonie Hat, and go to your local hardware store.  They sell 'snap kits' for a few bucks.  If you've got a hammer and a chunk of wood you can install snaps.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Oshmans or other sporting goods stores.  I got the Indy Jones/Bush hat with the mesh sides for about half the price at either Dizzyland or San Diego Zoo. Lots of ear and neck shade and keeps crown cool, really nice in a light breeze.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen them at Popular Outdoor Outfitters.  Not sure if you have one where you are.  Try [url]www.popularoutdooroutfitters.com[/url]
or
[url]www.rei.com[/url]

Hope you find one.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top