User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot of people completely missed the point of this experiment, including both supportive and critical posters.

Changing the title away from “headshots with red dots” might help. “How dot size in RDS optics effects aiming precision at small targets” might be easier to rapidly digest.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never thought I'd see a Hutnik here.
View Quote

You know your gear!  I used to gig in Windsor a lot when Bill was getting his business rolling.  Great guy.  I was at his shop while he was shaping the thickness of the neck of that bass.  I kept saying "thinner, thinner."

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
How does shooting a simulated distance target at 50 yards account for bullet drop?

Never mind it was addressed already. But it would be a better test if shooting at actual distances.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How does shooting a simulated distance target at 50 yards account for bullet drop?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From the first post of this thread . . .

Quoted:

The testing was conducted at 50 yards in order to mitigate the variable of wind-drift that would have been significant if testing had been conducted at actual distances and to remove the vertical variation of the points of impact that would have occurred due to bullet drop at actual distances.  The objective here was to determine what the limitation on accuracy was, due to aiming with the various red-dot sights, not how well I could dope the wind and distance.  Each optic was zeroed for POA=POI at 50 yards prior to testing using 10-shot groups.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread title would be a killer name for a band.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This thread title would be a killer name for a band.
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Changing the title away from “headshots with red dots” might help. “How dot size in RDS optics effects aiming precision at small targets” might be easier to rapidly digest.
View Quote

That would be quite apt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly. It’s all about how consistently you index whatever sight you have.
View Quote

Indeed.  

The 10-shot group pictured below was fired from a distance of 100 yards using Ultradyne back-up iron sights. The group has an extreme spread of 0.71".

Link Posted: 10/5/2022 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As always, a nice write up.
Thank you for your work.
View Quote

Muchas gracias y de nada.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top