Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the higher tier holosun products. I often choose them over American competition because of the features. I'll get my hands on one of these eventually I'd imagine. I'd like to know if it has it's own unique mounting footprint though, the mounts from holosun I've never been a fan of from a durability standpoint. Also I've never been a fan of the battery tray because of the small screws required to keep track of. Less of a problem with these long battery life optics but, still. If they could put some BDC holds as a reticle options like Sig, I'd be all over it for use with a my 5x magnifier.
View Quote

Personally i think the reticle clarity on the Sigs are trash compared to the holosun. I had a romeo0, romeo4a, romeo4c, romeo4m and romeo4t which have all bee sold now. The bdc was hardly visible and the reticles weren't nearly as crisp as those on the holosuns. Also the Sig customer service was terrible when I needed it. Sig makes quality firearms but with the exception of their higher end bdx scopes and range finders I'll stay away from their optics.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Personally i think the reticle clarity on the Sigs are trash compared to the holosun. I had a romeo0, romeo4a, romeo4c, romeo4m and romeo4t which have all bee sold now. The bdc was hardly visible and the reticles weren't nearly as crisp as those on the holosuns. Also the Sig customer service was terrible when I needed it. Sig makes quality firearms but with the exception of their higher end bdx scopes and range finders I'll stay away from their optics.
View Quote
Interesting. I honestly haven't noticed a difference. I've had all levels of holoson and only two Sig's. BDC marks are horrible on all red dots without magnification. Through my 5x they look fine to me, though. Same goes for my Eotech EXPS 3-4. I do notice that both seem sharper to my eye than Aimpoint, however.
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Reptilia 1.93" mount in the works: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTzQVuBMAmM/
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Reptilia 1.93" mount in the works: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTzQVuBMAmM/
View Quote

That looks great. If I get an AEMS, I’ll buy one of those.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Checked out the AEMS at my local store today and I really liked it. I want something about this size or so for my 9mm sub gun B&T APC9K. Problem with the Holosun AEMS is it sits up too high on the factory mount and there is no aftermarket support for any other mount.

I have slight Astigmatism and the dot and circle were crystal clear through the AEMS. I need to get an optic now and was hoping for this AEMS to work since Aimpoint still has not released the Acro P2. I tried my Eotech exp2 but it’s too big for this gun my MRO would work but I’m wanting slightly small to make fitting in small back pack super easy.

Maybe the new Primary Arms prism optic would be best for my B&T?
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been waiting for the green version AEMS to come out. Does anyone have that yet? I can't tell if it's actually been released or not all the pictures I've seen have red dots.

I have the option of selling a Trijicon MRO I've never used and putting the $$$ towards the green version AEMS. Or just keeping the Trijicon  Which would y'all do?

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting - the SIG Romeo 4 & 5 series (and the electrooptical components of the "Assembled in USA" models) are made by Holosun's parent company (Huanic), on the same assembly lines:

I wonder if the difference is due to lower quality control on SIG microdots vs Holosun?

Quoted:
I've been waiting for the green version AEMS to come out. Does anyone have that yet? I can't tell if it's actually been released or not all the pictures I've seen have red dots.

I have the option of selling a Trijicon MRO I've never used and putting the $$$ towards the green version AEMS. Or just keeping the Trijicon  Which would y'all do?

Not sure how long you're comfortable waiting, but Holosun has a multi-colored reticle system in the works according to a recently filed patent:
"[0006] In order to overcome the problems of complex structure, large weight and volume of the existing multi-light sights and the cost is high and inportability, the present disclosure provides a two-light three-color optical system which includes a green light chip module, a red light chip module and a right-angle prism...

[0011] A sight including the above described two-light three-color optical system includes an LED mounting base installed at the back of a body, the green light chip module is installed on a front end surface of the LED mounting base, and the red light chip module is installed on a front end side of the LED mounting base through an LED base; an installation plane of the LED base is perpendicular to the front end surface of the LED mounting base.
[0012] A two-light three-color optical system includes a green light chip module, a red light chip module, a cube prism and a cemented lens."

https://www.patentguru.com/EP3896383A1
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is the reply I received from Holosun. I have a green AEMS on order from Opticsplanet.

Thank you for contacting Holosun.

They just began shipping recently, they should be more available online in the coming weeks.

Best regards,

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got mine in and it has some noticeable fish-eye (slight magnification) which I didn't notice on my Holosun 510C. Is this to be expected? It kind of bugs me and just dry-firing I can see it slowing me down slightly. Are there closed-emitter optics without this distortion? I've read that the Aimpoint T-2 doesn't, for example.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Checked out the AEMS at my local store today and I really liked it. I want something about this size or so for my 9mm sub gun B&T APC9K. Problem with the Holosun AEMS is it sits up too high on the factory mount and there is no aftermarket support for any other mount.
View Quote

I know Reptilia are working on manufacturing mounts for the AEMS. Unsure on timeframe.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just got mine in and it has some noticeable fish-eye (slight magnification) which I didn't notice on my Holosun 510C. Is this to be expected? It kind of bugs me and just dry-firing I can see it slowing me down slightly. Are there closed-emitter optics without this distortion? I've read that the Aimpoint T-2 doesn't, for example.
View Quote

Yes the negatives to the aems is the obvious tint and fisheye (the tint is no where near as bad as Primary Arms reddots though ??).

I have quite a few red dots but compared the aems to the Huey gen2 and exps 3 and the Holosun fails worst in the fisheye and tint category.  However it wins at everything else.  The winner for 100% crystal clear glass and no tint at all is the UH-1, it's amazing, it's like looking through an empty housing run no glass at all.  I don't know how vortex did it but it really is amazing how it appears you're not looking through glass at all, you'd think you could put your finger through it ??.

The good side though is that both the slight tint and fisheye aren't really that big of a deal.  In no way will it actually slow someone down, that's just basement larping conjecture.  I ended up selling the vortex and buying a second aems.  After a bit of time if the aems still seems to be durable and reliable I'll probably swap out my EXPS3 for one as well.  They really are that much better.  The battery life, solar panel, big window, excellent NV use, tiny form factor, and most crisp reticle I've ever seen all greatly outweigh the negatives.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes the negatives to the aems is the obvious tint and fisheye (the tint is no where near as bad as Primary Arms reddots though ??).

I have quite a few red dots but compared the aems to the Huey gen2 and exps 3 and the Holosun fails worst in the fisheye and tint category.  However it wins at everything else.  The winner for 100% crystal clear glass and no tint at all is the UH-1, it's amazing, it's like looking through an empty housing run no glass at all.  I don't know how vortex did it but it really is amazing how it appears you're not looking through glass at all, you'd think you could put your finger through it ??.

The good side though is that both the slight tint and fisheye aren't really that big of a deal.  In no way will it actually slow someone down, that's just basement larping conjecture.  I ended up selling the vortex and buying a second aems.  After a bit of time if the aems still seems to be durable and reliable I'll probably swap out my EXPS3 for one as well.  They really are that much better.  The battery life, solar panel, big window, excellent NV use, tiny form factor, and most crisp reticle I've ever seen all greatly outweigh the negatives.

https://i.imgur.com/fMsnHaF.jpeg
View Quote

So you like the reticle better than the eotech? I've never looked through an eotech. I've got the holosun 510c and just got the aems. reticle looks the same to me on both. very crisp in day light. I get a little double vision when it's darker, but could be my eyes. All in all i like the aems, even the cheesy doors. They have  nice snap to them. They are spring loaded in case that wasn't mentioned. I doubt i'll leave them open though and not going to bother removing them unless they get scratched.  For some reason everything i put on this psa arv is way off and requires a bunch of adjustment. At 15-20 yards i was 6 inch left and 5 inch down, geez! It's the gun though because the 510c on my ar was spot on out of the box.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
When is a lower mount coming out? I think i want it lower. The mount shown in this video is much lower than the provided mount.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsHR3P-Xww&t=1s
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Put it on my ARV, could really use a lower mount, but works fine at 1/3 height.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Holosun AEMS Vs. Eotech and More [Night Vision Comparison]
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#16]
re: astigmatism - Mine is pretty bad and all red dots starburst for me.  This one does too with just the dot, but with both the dot and ring the starburst almost completely disappears.  

Can't explain it.  Just my observation.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
re: astigmatism - Mine is pretty bad and all red dots starburst for me.  This one does too with just the dot, but with both the dot and ring the starburst almost completely disappears.  

Can't explain it.  Just my observation.
View Quote

I don't want to get too far off topic from this particular optic, but...

I experienced something similar recently. I've had PRK in both eyes, 20/20 acuity and an astigmatism that is "just enough to detect but difficult to measure" per my optometrist. Most dots look okay, some starburst a little bit. Too bright, and some dots start to double.

A couple weeks ago I had a private 2-hour night vision lesson to try out monoculars, passive aiming/shooting included. I had a Holosun 503G set around 2.26." With the small chevron and dots reticle, how I usually use it, it looked like a total mess, like a messy artifact or something. With the "horseshoe" part turned on, the whole reticle became real crisp and clear.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I love the higher tier holosun products. I often choose them over American competition because of the features. I'll get my hands on one of these eventually I'd imagine. I'd like to know if it has it's own unique mounting footprint though, the mounts from holosun I've never been a fan of from a durability standpoint. Also I've never been a fan of the battery tray because of the small screws required to keep track of. Less of a problem with these long battery life optics but, still. If they could put some BDC holds as a reticle options like Sig, I'd be all over it for use with a my 5x magnifier.
View Quote

What does this one do that their 530 series don't already do? I kinda feel like this sight is redundant in their product line.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What does this one do that their 530 series don't already do? I kinda feel like this sight is redundant in their product line.
View Quote

About the only thing I can see from various reviews is that the AEMS seems to have better light transmission. I don’t have either to compare.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The AEMS is significantly smaller, but the window is basically the same size.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing we got 2 AEMS samples in,  I am not impressed
:bad fisheye,   cheap feeling covers, Horabale mount, tiny hardware on the battery tray...530G is one of my favorite sights canceled my AEMS pre-order an got 2 more 530G's..

Link Posted: 1/9/2022 4:04:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nothing we got 2 AEMS samples in,  I am not impressed
:bad fisheye,   cheap feeling covers, Horabale mount, tiny hardware on the battery tray...530G is one of my favorite sights canceled my AEMS pre-order an got 2 more 530G's..

View Quote

The covers are designed to be cheap and replaceable btw.  More mounts are coming as well.  Can't comment on the fisheye as I haven't seen an AEMS in person yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The covers are designed to be cheap and replaceable btw.  More mounts are coming as well.  Can't comment on the fisheye as I haven't seen an AEMS in person yet.
View Quote

the covers distort the reticle shooting through them should only be a emergency / super close type thing... Had our engineers look at mounts = their not going to be as simple to machine as a T2 micro mount so expect higher cost and lounger leads..
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
When I emailed Holosun in Nov the green AEMS was just starting to ship per their reply. I have been looking all over for one and haven’t seen one anywhere or received any in stock alerts. I emailed Holosun again last week asking if they are actually shipping. Haven’t heard back.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
When I emailed Holosun in Nov the green AEMS was just starting to ship per their reply. I have been looking all over for one and haven’t seen one anywhere or received any in stock alerts. I emailed Holosun again last week asking if they are actually shipping. Haven’t heard back.
View Quote

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024759878?pid=647954

Here you go.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Not in stock. Coming soon. Not sure I believe the in stock date. I didn’t know they had a Core version though. About $100 cheaper. No solar and no protective lenses. That’s actually what I want and its less. Thanks for posting the link.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder if the Core has the same NODS performance. It only has 2 NV settings compared to 4 on the regular AEMS
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I'm a few days shy of 7 months on my preorder of the Green AEMS. I figured it may take a little while to get but damn. Im starting to wonder if Holosun is ever going to release it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#29]
It's quite frustrating finally finding a NV optic you like, and nobody coming out with tall mounts for them. At least the stocker is 1/3, but I'd love to get the laser out of my FOV without using a cheesy generic riser.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's quite frustrating finally finding a NV optic you like, and nobody coming out with tall mounts for them. At least the stocker is 1/3, but I'd love to get the laser out of my FOV without using a cheesy generic riser.
View Quote

Cheesy generic risers work perfectly fine

Link Posted: 4/9/2022 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I run my AEMS and a 3x mag on a unity riser
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm waiting on the green version myself, but is the distortion that bad? For reference my 515T green is crystal clear. No tint, nor distortion, nothing. On the other had, my 509T X2 has a weird fisheye around the top (not a big deal) but also has a slight magnification that throws me off. Since this basically looks like a larger 509 I'm wondering if it will have the same issue.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/HBHkZqW.jpeg
View Quote

@twistid1

What riser is that?

Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Well Opticsplanet just charged my card for the green AEMS. Looks like it’s shipping on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@twistid1

What riser is that?

View Quote

Looks like it might be a UTG
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they work just fine, but rule number one is look cool. I'd love to have a qd as well without all the extra weight of a riser
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 12:15:34 AM EDT
[#37]
ADM has QD mounts, standard and titanium, 3 height options each.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:57:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

99.9% of the time, when people talk about patents on ARFCOM, they have no idea what they are talking about.
View Quote

You mean when people talk about pretty much everything in general.

Parroting from their favorite talking head is the order of the day. Not actual knowledge, silly!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You mean when people talk about pretty much everything in general.

Parroting from their favorite talking head is the order of the day. Not actual knowledge, silly!
View Quote

Epistemology has been an issue for philosophers since Ancient Greece, and it won't be going away anytime soon
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ADM has QD mounts, standard and titanium, 3 height options each.
View Quote

I bought one and I like it. I got a 1.93 and I want to compare it to a scalarworks 1.93. Seems lower height when compared to my scalarworks mounts, but it could be in my head. I’ll just have to mount them both on the same receiver.

Before these new mounts came out, I was using my AEMS on an ADM riser and it did the trick.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I bought one and I like it. I got a 1.93 and I want to compare it to a scalarworks 1.93. Seems lower height when compared to my scalarworks mounts, but it could be in my head. I’ll just have to mount them both on the same receiver.

Before these new mounts came out, I was using my AEMS on an ADM riser and it did the trick.
View Quote

After comparing the ADM 1.93 to a Scalarworks 1.93 mount, the ADM is definitely shorter. Best way to describe it is that it feels like a slightly taller 1/3 to me, but does block the irons. Anyways, I decided to order the ADM 2.33 height after testing out the ADM 1.93 with night vision last night.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Word of warning on AEMS mounts.

Apparently they changed the footprint ever so slightly at the 10,000 serial number mark.

I ordered a low mount, and low and behold, it doesn’t fit my lower serial number AEMS. Two of the screw holes are like 0.5mm closer together on my version compared to newer versions.

Pretty shitty of them to change the mount footprint on an optic so early, and without actually changing the optic version.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Green reticle showing in stock here...

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1024320941?pid=799105
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Apparently they changed the footprint ever so slightly at the 10,000 serial number mark.

I ordered a low mount, and low and behold, it doesn’t fit my lower serial number AEMS. Two of the screw holes are like 0.5mm closer together on my version compared to newer versions.

Pretty shitty of them to change the mount footprint on an optic so early, and without actually changing the optic version.

https://i.ibb.co/bgHb5gP/3-BDADBA1-05-AF-49-F6-8-CF1-B1-E1-E60-BDC42.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/25hpNg8/85-B9-C907-BB0-A-49-F2-8-C5-F-0-C865-BBF54-D1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/bgHb5gP/3-BDADBA1-05-AF-49-F6-8-CF1-B1-E1-E60-BDC42.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/25hpNg8/85-B9-C907-BB0-A-49-F2-8-C5-F-0-C865-BBF54-D1.jpg

Quote from ADM:
It has been brought to our attention that some early model AEMS Red Dots have different mounting screw spacing.

Holosun has advised the following action.

“Early AEMS Red Dots with an 11mm spacing between the rear set of mounting screws are <500 units. Any customer who purchases an ADM mount (made to the 12mm spacing) and has a unit with 11mm spaced screw holes will be offered a no-charge exchange to a new unit with the matching screw hole spacing.”

Please contact Holosun directly if you have fitment issues with your AEMS Red Dot and ADM QD Mount for an exchange.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ADM:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
ADM:
It has been brought to our attention that some early model AEMS Red Dots have different mounting screw spacing.

Holosun has advised the following action.

“Early AEMS Red Dots with an 11mm spacing between the rear set of mounting screws are <500 units. Any customer who purchases an ADM mount (made to the 12mm spacing) and has a unit with 11mm spaced screw holes will be offered a no-charge exchange to a new unit with the matching screw hole spacing.”

Please contact Holosun directly if you have fitment issues with your AEMS Red Dot and ADM QD Mount for an exchange.

Awesome, thanks. My serial number is in the 2,000s, so I’m guessing it’s more than 500 units. But nice to hear they’re replacing them.

I reached out to Holosun but hadn’t heard back yet. I guess I’ll wait a bit more before poking them. That’s good news.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I have two, one with a 17xx serial number, and one with a 25xx serial number.  Neither work with the ADM mount.  Unless they’re skipping serial numbers, there’s more than 500 units affected.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Dupe
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Green reticle showing in stock here...

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1024320941?pid=799105
View Quote

Thanks. Ordered one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#49]
I just got mine. I really like it. Some guys will absolutely hate one thing.

This is my poor attempt at a review:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hpcaj0KG79s&t=741s
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been using my AEMS with an ADM 2.33 riser with my nods and it's pretty awesome. The body of the AEMS almost disappears and you have the Eotech style reticle floating around. Glad I snagged one.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top