User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Can anyone here compare it to the Holosun 509T? The HS kills it in battery life plus has solar backup. My con against HS is its chinese.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have an ACRO but I do have a 509T.

By all the accounts I've read the ACRO has excellent glass.

My 509T has noticeable distortion/magnification and other peoples' experience mirrors that.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Holosun but I prefer TRIJICON/AP if I can do it...

Battery life is really not a major issue..

ACRO has hands down the best glass and easiest way to pick up a dot. Which is what matters the most.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:08:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like Holosun but I prefer TRIJICON/AP if I can do it...

Battery life is really not a major issue..

ACRO has hands down the best glass and easiest way to pick up a dot. Which is what matters the most.
View Quote

Never used one. I have 2 RMR’s and an SRO. I love em. I want to get an ACRO but I’m trying to hold out until “2nd gen” or “P2” comes out. Hopefully soon
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Never used one. I have 2 RMR’s and an SRO. I love em. I want to get an ACRO but I’m trying to hold out until “2nd gen” or “P2” comes out. Hopefully soon
View Quote

Used to run RMRs...wouldn't mind trying an SRO someday...easiest way I can explain...you know how your RMR is convex (what some call it fish eyeish)...well the ACRO is just flat...without as much tint...

Since the ACRO has a traditional "tube" like an AP...it kind of acts like a ghost ring and helps your eyes focus/pick up the dot...
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Did this thread die like the batteries? Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did this thread die like the batteries? Any updates?
View Quote

I provide a monthly update on the ACRO...my last post was 4/13...what do you want me to do...daily reports?

5/7/2021 ... dot is still on since Jan 5th at setting 7 ...

Needless to say...I am pretty certain that Setting 6 will deliver at least a year battery...Setting 7 is on its 5th month...

Setting 6 is what my ACRO will stay on as it is 100% capable to use...on a super bright day...I will bump it to 7/8 setting...
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can anyone here compare it to the Holosun 509T? The HS kills it in battery life plus has solar backup. My con against HS is its chinese.
View Quote

I’ve got both, honestly it’s a wash...AP has better glass, HS has better battery life, slightly smaller footprint. For what it worth the HS is on my EDC G19, I’ve got zero issues trusting my life to it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I provide a monthly update on the ACRO...my last post was 4/13...what do you want me to do...daily reports?

View Quote

I think you should bump it up to weekly.
What kind of odds can we get in Vegas?  LOL
But, thanks to your efforts, I'm already sold.
Most of us wouldn't have considered the ACRO except for your post.

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm okay with monthly monitoring for something like this.  It's way better than no reports.

You're at 4 months and counting.  

We don't know anything about your battery (initial capacity, storage conditions, age,...) and the battery is as likely to determine when this ends as anything.

I replace my optic batteries every year whether they need it or not.  I do this because I no longer trust the batteries to have long storage life, even unused.  It also gives me an opportunity to test the optics to ensure they still work, too.  It is part of a preventive maintenance cycle and includes oiling, etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup. Yearly changes here as well regardless of optic.

If I know I’ve bumped illumination up more than normal. I do 6 month changes.

I’m happy to report my findings and hope it is useful...
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’ve got both, honestly it’s a wash...AP has better glass, HS has better battery life, slightly smaller footprint. For what it worth the HS is on my EDC G19, I’ve got zero issues trusting my life to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. The one Acro I looked through was stellar looking.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thank you, I appreciate the reply. The one Acro I looked through was stellar looking.
View Quote

I can confirm from using RMRs and Holosuns that the ACRO is the easiest to use and for your eye to pick up...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The ACRO was a Hard Pass for me after Aaron of Sage Dynamics said it had a battery life of only 9 DAYS (on one of the highest settings).  Plus he said that high setting was required to see the dot in bright sunlight.

I just picked up a Holosun 509T, but haven't mounted it yet.  I have no problem with Holosun being a Chinese company; they did invent gun powder after all.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The ACRO was a Hard Pass for me after Aaron of Sage Dynamics said it had a battery life of only 9 DAYS (on one of the highest settings).  Plus he said that high setting was required to see the dot in bright sunlight.

I just picked up a Holosun 509T, but haven't mounted it yet.  I have no problem with Holosun being a Chinese company; they did invent gun powder after all.

View Quote

That's like our entire point dude. They may have been the case with his original sample but not anymore. I'm happy that you're happy with your optic choice though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you read this thread or not...or do you just come on here stating stuff from the interwebs and re-affirm your Holosun purchase (there isn't anything wrong with owning a Holosun, I like them...for the record)?

This thread was started because of Sage's (and other regurgitated) reviews stating the short comings of the ACRO.

I noticed right away that on my ACRO sample there has been an obvious generational changes that happened particularly the glass had a veeeeery slight tint vs crystal clear from early testing samples...Sage said setting 6 is not usable inside a house let alone outside...latest gen ACROs...setting 6 works in near all condition except bright sunny day and setting 7 is perfect on a super sunny day...

Setting 6 is 1 year battery life, Setting 7 is 6 months per my literature...we are on track with that assessment from AP...

If my ACRO makes it 6 months (or more) on Setting 7...I'll be super happy ... especially knowing that the battery used is one of the smallest they could use while keeping the optic as compact as possible... (ACRO is a whole different design than RMR/Holosun/DPP type setups...it is essentially a T1-K)

My ACRO has been on Setting 7 for 4 months now on the original battery that was put in it...
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you read this thread or not...or do you just come on here stating stuff from the interwebs and re-affirm your Holosun purchase (there isn't anything wrong with owning a Holosun, I like them...for the record)?

This thread was started because of Sage's (and other regurgitated) reviews stating the short comings of the ACRO.

I noticed right away that on my ACRO sample there has been an obvious generational changes that happened particularly the glass had a veeeeery slight tint vs crystal clear from early testing samples...Sage said setting 6 is not usable inside a house let alone outside...latest gen ACROs...setting 6 works in near all condition except bright sunny day and setting 7 is perfect on a super sunny day...

Setting 6 is 1 year battery life, Setting 7 is 6 months per my literature...we are on track with that assessment from AP...

If my ACRO makes it 6 months (or more) on Setting 7...I'll be super happy ... especially knowing that the battery used is one of the smallest they could use while keeping the optic as compact as possible... (ACRO is a whole different design than RMR/Holosun/DPP type setups...it is essentially a T1-K)

My ACRO has been on Setting 7 for 4 months now on the original battery that was put in it...
View Quote

Sorry for my lack of attention to detail within this thread.

I'm glad Aimpoint has improved the performance of this optic.  More good choices is always a good thing!

Now... has anyone reached out to Aaron of Sage Dynamics to see if he's testing this updated version?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
All good
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#19]
ACRO p2 announced today. 2032 battery
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ACRO p2 announced today. 2032 battery
View Quote

Those sons of bitches
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
50,000 hours...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the new one bigger?
Eta: Looks like it weighs the same.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#23]
.1" wider than the P1
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#24]
New design is not too shabby...I am fine with my regular ACRO but this is a good update and honestly solves the battery cry babies dream now...

Quick point to point out as well...they have up'd the regular ACRO battery spec to 1.5 years on Setting 6 vs 1 year ... told you guys they have made a rolling change ...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
New design is not too shabby...I am fine with my regular ACRO but this is a good update and honestly solves the battery cry babies dream now...

Quick point to point out as well...they have up'd the regular ACRO battery spec to 1.5 years on Setting 6 vs 1 year ... told you guys they have made a rolling change ...
View Quote
But is setting 6 even useable?

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Have you read this thread?

Yes. Setting 6 is usable. Setting 7 is now almost too bright.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Have you read this thread?

Yes. Setting 6 is usable. Setting 7 is now almost too bright.
View Quote
yes, you've only said it 39 times
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
yes, you've only said it 39 times
View Quote

Well people keep asking ...
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Setting 7 on every 2020 and 2021 ACRO unit I have owned and / or used (around 7 or 8 units IIRC) is daylight bright on overcast days but can get washed out under full sun against lighter backgrounds.  During spring and summer I run setting 8 during the day and during fall and winter I mostly stay on setting 7.  That translates to roughly 3 or 4 battery changes per year.  Not a big deal, but if I lived in a sunnier climate it might be a bit more annoying.  However, I prefer an RMR during the summer anyway given how much better it conceals.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#30]
I am still on Setting 7 and the dot is on since January...this is your June update.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top