Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got rid of a VCOG.  Free to me (work), but one of the most expensive scopes I've used.  Its 1x was more like 0.85 or 0.9, and tunneled a little.  In fact, a lot of the LPVOs I've looked through tunnel at 1x.  

I am 100% in for several of these, especially if made in Japan, as I think 1-10 and 2-12 are the ideal magnification ranges for 99% of my shooting.  I have several 4-16 and 6-24 GLx's with the old turret design and love them.

But are they actually 1x and is there any barreling at 1x?

How close do you get to "window glass" at 1x?  With a lens system I know its impossible, but once I got my VCOG dialed up to actual 1x, it was damn near like looking through window glass with both eyes open.  Not like a red dot, but as close as I've ever seen any LPVO get, along with the Razor.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People who don’t understand the value of daylight visible illumination on a LPVO aren’t running their gear hard and fast.

Change my mind.
View Quote

Absolutely true, but most of ARFCOM probably doesn't own a shot timer, let alone use one. Looks like PA just confirmed it's not "really" daylight bright, too. :P

Still waiting for Burris or Bushnell or someone to get us that $1400 1-8x FFP LPVO with daylight bright and adjustable parallax. THAT would be the new next best thing.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I just got rid of a VCOG.  Free to me (work), but one of the most expensive scopes I've used.  Its 1x was more like 0.85 or 0.9, and tunneled a little.  In fact, a lot of the LPVOs I've looked through tunnel at 1x.  

I am 100% in for several of these, especially if made in Japan, as I think 1-10 and 2-12 are the ideal magnification ranges for 99% of my shooting.  I have several 4-16 and 6-24 GLx's with the old turret design and love them.

How close do you get to "window glass" at 1x?  With a lens system I know its impossible, but once I got my VCOG dialed up to actual 1x, it was damn near like looking through window glass with both eyes open.  Not like a red dot, but as close as I've ever seen any LPVO get, along with the Razor.
View Quote

My PA platinum series 1-8 and my Bushnell elite tactical 1-8x on 1x where like looking through a clean window. Only deterrent with those two were the weight at 25-27oz and the Bushnell needed to be daylight bright with it's supper small FFP reticle on 1x.

IMHO and this is just my opinion so just fucking relax everyone! The PA platinum was the best 1-8 I ever owned and was daylight bright at 1x but just such a boat anchor at 27oz.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's such a simple thing... make a 1-4 (or 1-5) with a daylight bright reticle that is lightweight.

The Steiner is pretty close, but they got stupid on there price.

I'll hang onto my discontinured Burris XTRll 1-5X until something significantly better comes along.

I don't need 8 x or 10X on a 5.56mm gun.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
If they are having LOW make this it will be a solid product.

Edit:  now I see it was confirmed on page 1
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If they are having LOW make this it will be a solid product.

Edit:  now I see it was confirmed on page 1
View Quote

LOW isn't making it. JOL is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Although I strongly dislike the chevron and would prefer a dot in its place, I'm in for three with the Griffin reticle.  

A 12" Grendel that goes between a Gen1 PST 4-16 and a USO B10 1.8-10 will get one, and a pair of 223 coyote guns that currently have GLx 4-16s on them will each get one.

Now tell your OEM to clone the IOR Spartan 2-12 and/or up the mag ratio to 12x so a 1-12 could be next

ETA IOR now has a 2-16x which would be insane....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Absolutely true, but most of ARFCOM probably doesn't own a shot timer, let alone use one. Looks like PA just confirmed it's not "really" daylight bright, too. :P

View Quote

Actually he said its not red-dot bright like the vortex 1-10. It's advertised as Daylight Bright which is more than enough for a lot of us.. the PA Platinum 1-8 was daylight bright and was plenty bright enough for me on a sunny north Texas afternoon. If this scope is on par with brightness or even slightly brighter than the PLx, then I will not be disappointed.

And yes, we all know where to get a red dot bright ffp LPVO in the NX8 or Razor G3.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just bought (but haven’t received) a VCOG. Why did you get rid of it? What didn’t you like about it?

Sorry for the derailment of the thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:53:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

People who are constantly talking about running their gear "hard and fast" can neither run fast or get hard

Change my mind.
View Quote

That’s a lot of words to tell us you don’t own a shot timer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Actually he said its not red-dot bright like the vortex 1-10. It's advertised as Daylight Bright which is more than enough for a lot of us.. the PA Platinum 1-8 was daylight bright and was plenty bright enough for me on a sunny north Texas afternoon. If this scope is on par with brightness or even slightly brighter than the PLx, then I will not be disappointed.

And yes, we all know where to get a red dot bright ffp LPVO in the NX8 or Razor G3.
View Quote

I'll never understand why some here get so bent out of shape over something that has no personal effect on them what so ever?

Sometimes it's like arguing with a liberal where you just keep repeating "I know I know" and they still go bat shit crazy trying to get there point across long after you got it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just bought (but haven’t received) a VCOG. Why did you get rid of it? What didn’t you like about it?

Sorry for the derailment of the thread.
View Quote

Too heavy.  Its a patrol rifle and I spend a lot of time on foot.  I went from a 14.5" with irons, then an ACOG, then a Mark 4 3x9, to a 10.5" with the VCOG, to an 11.5" with the VCOG and now have a T1 on the 11.5".  For what I do with the rifle its a much better match.  The illumination was terrible, but I didn't use it, ever.  The glass was great except it wasn't true 1x at the very bottom.  The reticle was very useful and I had hits on steel to 600y with both the 10.5 and the 11.5.  I do miss the magnification.  Holds were easy with the reticle.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Too heavy.  Its a patrol rifle and I spend a lot of time on foot.  I went from a 14.5" with irons, then an ACOG, then a Mark 4 3x9, to a 10.5" with the VCOG, to an 11.5" with the VCOG and now have a T1 on the 11.5".  For what I do with the rifle its a much better match.  The illumination was terrible, but I didn't use it, ever.  The glass was great except it wasn't true 1x at the very bottom.  The reticle was very useful and I had hits on steel to 600y with both the 10.5 and the 11.5.  I do miss the magnification.  Holds were easy with the reticle.

View Quote

Thank you. Mine will be going on a Colt LE901, which is my hog hunting rifle.

The rifle is already a pig, weight wise, but I won’t be humping it around the ranch anyway. Mostly stationary stand hunting.

I was more concerned about good glass, magnification, durability, and a good, useable reticle.

Thanks again for your insight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you. Mine will be going on a Colt LE901, which is my hog hunting rifle.

The rifle is already a pig, weight wise, but I won’t be humping it around the ranch anyway. Mostly stationary stand hunting.

I was more concerned about good glass, magnification, durability, and a good, useable reticle.

Thanks again for your insight.
View Quote

Only problem I had with the reticle was the center cross was GIANT at full magnification (mine was a 1-6) and covered small targets at distance.  So it depends on what distances your hogs will be showing up.  Its a great combat optic.  I wouldn't hunt with it (but I'm in AZ and our coyotes are small and our deer are far away).

Durability will absolutely not be a problem.

To bring it back on topic, I still prefer an open center and/or an open center with a tiny dot vs the PA chevron, or even just a traditional crosshair center with a tree under it, but the 1-10x range would be very useful and if the glass is as good as my other GLx's, then I'm very excited.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

LOW isn't making it. JOL is.
View Quote

Not familiar with them, how do they compare?  Does LOW still make PA's "Platinum" scopes?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For BDC purposes FFP makes more sense on a 1-10.

The ACSS is all about having a do all reticle. I'll be controversial and say 1-10 LPVO's absolutely blow at 10X, and that would be the only magnification the ACSS would be fully functional at if it were SFP. Now it works at all magnification levels, with the added benefit of daylight brightness for low magnification speed.

I think they have a real winner here. I'm still holding out for an ultra light daylight bright 1-4 though.
View Quote

Steiner p4
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:41:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Steiner p4
View Quote

Little heavier than I'd like. I'm using a Leupold VXF now, but it still leaves some things on the table. My check list is pretty picky but it is realistic.

1-4.
Daylight bright dot/chevron (no other parts illuminated) with simple BDC.
Electronic illumination.
12 ounces or less.
Off positions between illumination levels.
Short throw magnification ring with a big lever.
9.5" or less.
Capped turrets.
SFP.
Good sized occular.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not familiar with them, how do they compare?  Does LOW still make PA's "Platinum" scopes?
View Quote

They're fine and make some optically excellent scopes. Crimson Trace's higher-end scopes were made by JOL, and I believe word on the street is that they're making the Brownells 1-8x MPO. I have no idea if LOW is making the platinum scopes.

Look, if I'm wrong and it turns out this thing is "really daylight bright" and not "marketing daylight bright", I'll be the first in line to get one. But I would also argue some of you don't understand why a few of us keep harping on this, which is that it is a make-or-break feature in an FFP LPVO used for action shooting. Horseshoe reticles just don't tend to shrink into aiming points very well, and it is much harder to shoot both eyes open without a bright red dot in there. If you're gonna sell your scope at $1000+, people are going to have some real expectations of it. There is nothing wrong with that. If your demands on a scope are less intense, it's cool, this could be your ticket into a 1-10x with glass that's pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#19]
There have been two or three mfg's that did dual-focal-plane scopes, USO comes to mind.  FFP etched reticle for holds and precision, SFP dot that is "aimpoint bright" for speed.  What little I have read about said scopes is that they are very expensive to engineer and produce.  Not sure how true that is, but that would be the "ultimate" LPVO.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They're fine and make some optically excellent scopes. Crimson Trace's higher-end scopes were made by JOL, and I believe word on the street is that they're making the Brownells 1-8x MPO. I have no idea if LOW is making the platinum scopes.

Look, if I'm wrong and it turns out this thing is "really daylight bright" and not "marketing daylight bright", I'll be the first in line to get one. But I would also argue some of you don't understand why a few of us keep harping on this, which is that it is a make-or-break feature in an FFP LPVO used for action shooting. Horseshoe reticles just don't tend to shrink into aiming points very well, and it is much harder to shoot both eyes open without a bright red dot in there. If you're gonna sell your scope at $1000+, people are going to have some real expectations of it. There is nothing wrong with that. If your demands on a scope are less intense, it's cool, this could be your ticket into a 1-10x with glass that's pretty good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually we do get it here. This has Been beaten to death here for the past 10 years.

Yes just about every LPVO under a grand with a few exceptions are not going to be daylight bright.

Some here either can’t afford them or already have enough that just need or want to fill rail space with another optic that isn’t going to bankrupt them.

I thought this was harped on here too but maybe not enough?

There are also some here who will harp on why you shouldn’t depend on a LPVO and will go nuts on posters here who swear by them. It starts to sound kind of neurotic after a while when you read it in every thread from the same posters.

I agree myself that daylight bright should be a priority but some here don’t agree and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. It’s like some here are on some kind of crusade to change as many minds as they can. It’s gets old and obnoxious sometimes unless it’s a new member here asking about it.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree, for every single LPVO thread that gets posted on here, someone needs to comment:

inb4daylitebrite
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Daylight bright is sort of a bigdeal when it comes to LVPO's which I don't think a lot of folks get.
Otherwise it's just another magnafied optic.

If you're the type that wants a small RDS offset, then you might as well pick something light for your magnafied optic and not even bother with a 1x for the lower end.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Daylight bright is sort of a bigdeal when it comes to LVPO's which I don't think a lot of folks get.
Otherwise it's just another magnafied optic.

If you're the type that wants a small RDS offset, then you might as well pick something light for your magnafied optic and not even bother with a 1x for the lower end.
View Quote

Actually I think most here get it, unless they are new to LPVO's and are looking for red dot brightness on the lower end, and don't know which optic to get that has it.

I can see your point though, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all, and there are vendors here who are watching and listening to us, but man it does get old like watching the news every night and seeing the same old stories over and over again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Actually I think most here get it, unless they are new to LPVO's and are looking for red dot brightness on the lower end, and don't know which optic to get that has it.

I can see your point though, squeaky wheel gets the grease and all, and there are vendors here who are watching and listening to us, but man it does get old like watching the news every night and seeing the same old stories over and over again.
View Quote

It's a sad cycle really.

Manufacturer comes out with new less than $1k LPVO that is advertised as having nice glass and is daylight bright.
Youtube shills whore it.
Someone buys it or one of the youtube shills screws up and shows the reticle and brightness in daylight.
It's only daylight noticable at best.
We go back to complaining about daylight bright again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#25]
So looked at their new glx 1-6x24 ffp specs, and wow, gotta say, there's really no point to it compared to this 1-10?

Am I missing something? Why even bother with their new glx 1-6x?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#26]
We don't know the price yet. That will keep some people away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So looked at their new glx 1-6x24 ffp specs, and wow, gotta say, there's really no point to it compared to this 1-10?

View Quote
Well I'm sure the 1-6x will be cheaper. I like the simpler look of the BDC reticle on the 1-6x. I also liked the PA side bars for height based ranging that they phased out for the most part in the raptor reticle. (Though I believe the height based ranging is built into the stadia somehow in the other raptor scopes) In the 1-6x it's there in the horseshoe in the 1-10x its not. Also an extra foot of FOV on the low end according to the specs (probably won't make a huge difference though) Also I have a 300 yard max range, I won't ever buy a 1-10x i think.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#28]
After reading the responses here regarding daylight brightness, I really wonder if some of these people understand the difference between FFP and SFP.  A FFP scope that is not daylight bright is worthless for defensive purposes, whereas a SFP is not.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
After reading the responses here regarding daylight brightness, I really wonder if some of these people understand the difference between FFP and SFP.  A FFP scope that is not daylight bright is worthless for defensive purposes, whereas a SFP is not.
View Quote

Except when the reticle's center is large enough that it is easy to pick up at its lowest magnification range.

Like my VCOG at work was.  FFP, and the huge cross in the center made it so that on 1x or 6x, I never used illum unless I was working at night.  The downside was that at 6x is was so huge it obscured small, or distant, targets.

Have some FFP NX8s at work too, one of the rifles I took out recently has a dead battery in the scope.  Didn't matter, no need to turn on illum at all during the day.

This is probably a training issue more than anything else.  

I went from the VCOG to a T1.  What I learned was, if you want a red dot for super fast engagements, get a red dot.  Shooting with my Steiner, my buddy's Razor, the NX8.... they are not, and never will be, Aimpoints.

I believe the error is in people expecting an LPVO at 1x to behave like an Aimpoint.  They don't.  The USO dual focal plane SN4 and 8 are the closest I've ever seen to that capability.  The Razor kinda gets there, kinda.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
The Razor Gen3's center is hard to pick up without illumination, IMHO, especially on a darker background. Not saying it's impossible, it's not, but it really lives and dies on illumination.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Except when the reticle's center is large enough that it is easy to pick up at its lowest magnification range.

Like my VCOG at work was.  FFP, and the huge cross in the center made it so that on 1x or 6x, I never used illum unless I was working at night.  The downside was that at 6x is was so huge it obscured small, or distant, targets.

Have some FFP NX8s at work too, one of the rifles I took out recently has a dead battery in the scope.  Didn't matter, no need to turn on illum at all during the day.

I went from the VCOG to a T1.  What I learned was, if you want a red dot for super fast engagements, get a red dot.  Shooting with my Steiner, my buddy's Razor, the NX8.... they are not, and never will be, Aimpoints.

I believe the error is in people expecting an LPVO at 1x to behave like an Aimpoint.  They don't.  The USO dual focal plane SN4 and 8 are the closest I've ever seen to that capability.  The Razor kinda gets there, kinda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If the LPVO is actually daylight bright, it most certainly can.  Using a shot timer, the times are very close... I still give the edge to the Aimpoint, but again, that's the whole point of a LVPO... When it has a true daylight bright reticle. A Razor on 1X looks very much like an Aimpoint.

The problem is the majority of folks don't really know what daylight bright is... come on here and post that there's in, then are told that it is not....

and they then jump to the default response of... "It's good enough for what I do"

And you need to be a above average shooter to discern the difference, which most here are not... sorry to bust ego's (Myself included)
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
LPVOs should be daylight bright. I shouldn't have to hang a T1/T2 offset to have a workable, daylight bright red dot. The whole point of an LPVO is to be able to use it at 1x, and dial up for longer-range engagements when needed. Otherwise, I'll just get something with higher mag if I need to offset a red dot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LPVOs should be daylight bright. I shouldn't have to hang a T1/T2 offset to have a workable, daylight bright red dot. The whole point of an LPVO is to be able to use it at 1x, and dial up for longer-range engagements when needed. Otherwise, I'll just get something with higher mag if I need to offset a red dot.
View Quote

Cut that out, someone somewhere didn't or doesn't need daylight bright because time truly isn't a factor for them, so everyone else is wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
FFP LPVOs should be daylight bright. I shouldn't have to hang a T1/T2 offset to have a workable, daylight bright red dot. The whole point of an LPVO is to be able to use it at 1x, and dial up for longer-range engagements when needed. Otherwise, I'll just get something with higher mag if I need to offset a red dot.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#36]
All optics are compromises.  Saying "the whole point of a LPVO is to be daylight bright" is a bit shortsighted.  The "point" of a LPVO is to get close to 1x and provide a wider FOV than you'd have at 2x or 3x.

LPVO = Low Power Variable Optic.  Notice the lack of word illuminated.

Illumination can be a real asset if done well but it's by no means a requirement for every purpose.  Illumination also drives cost, weight, and reticle design.  There are tradeoffs, no free lunch.

I've put dots and "non daylight bright" LPVOs on a timer.  It really depends on the course of fire, I've had both come out on top depending on target size, distance, movement, lighting, and target contrast.  

In my experience the non daylight bright LPVO is still an upgrade over a non magnified dot, but that's dictated by the game I'm playing.

I'm still a fan of an offset dot with a 2.5-10, but I can also do good work with a non illuminated 1-6.

On topic of the new PA scopes: can't wait to see them!  A bit heavier than I'd like to see, but exciting none the less.  I especially like the proliferation of the mil grid reticles.  I have had a heck of a time finding a good reticle to pair with my 12.5 AR.  None of the BDCs seem to line up all that well, or work when I switch between M193 and Mk262.  The grid makes it a lot easier to change loads and keep track of different holdovers.

To Primary Arms: PLEASE help push out your new reticles to Strelok! Before I buy a scope I always check Strelok first to test drive the reticle.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I haven't been too impressed with JOLusa, they make decent stuff but I tried both their 1-5 and 1-8 and was disappointed compare to the LOW offerings.  Obviously they are better than the trash tier Chinese offerings, but not up to snuff compared to LOW.

For example, I bought the Riton X7 Tactix 1-8 (JOLusa) to compare with my Athlon Cronus BTR 1-6, Bushell SMRS Pro 2 1-6.5 and 1-8.5 and it was not as good in nearly every category (but still better than the Chinese scopes by far).

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To Primary Arms: PLEASE help push out your new reticles to Strelok! Before I buy a scope I always check Strelok first to test drive the reticle.

View Quote

I have literally emailed the author about a new reticle, and within hours, had an email back saying "update in the play store" and behold, there it was.  The dude is super responsive.  Done it three or four times now (all with PA reticles, incidentally, ha)
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You are correct on both counts. The new GLx 1-6X will be $599   1-10X $999 Both 30mm tubes

In a given quality range a 10X zoom ratio optic will have compromises vs a 6X zoom.  No more than 300 yards I would probably go with the 1-6X as well

I will stay out of the shitstorm on illumination other than to say we have optimized the new 10X reticles to be effective at 1X and are pushing conventional etched reticle illumination as far as we can. Both of these are expected to ship mid year.  We are working on refractive reticles but that will be for a thread later this year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'm sure the 1-6x will be cheaper. I like the simpler look of the BDC reticle on the 1-6x. I also liked the PA side bars for height based ranging that they phased out for the most part in the raptor reticle. (Though I believe the height based ranging is built into the stadia somehow in the other raptor scopes) In the 1-6x it's there in the horseshoe in the 1-10x its not. Also an extra foot of FOV on the low end according to the specs (probably won't make a huge difference though) Also I have a 300 yard max range, I won't ever buy a 1-10x i think.

You are correct on both counts. The new GLx 1-6X will be $599   1-10X $999 Both 30mm tubes

In a given quality range a 10X zoom ratio optic will have compromises vs a 6X zoom.  No more than 300 yards I would probably go with the 1-6X as well

I will stay out of the shitstorm on illumination other than to say we have optimized the new 10X reticles to be effective at 1X and are pushing conventional etched reticle illumination as far as we can. Both of these are expected to ship mid year.  We are working on refractive reticles but that will be for a thread later this year.

I gotta say the GLx 1-6 looks pretty good. I just wish it didn't come in at the same weight as my SWFA SS HD 1-6, about 22 ounces. But I guess that's what's out there for a $600 optic that's FFP, illuminated, with good-but-not-amazing glass.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We are working on refractive reticles but that will be for a thread later this year.
View Quote

This is amazing news! I think everyone understands these are a tough nut to crack, but I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. A 1-10x with daylight bright reticle at $1300-1400 would be a pretty big deal, to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We are working on refractive reticles but that will be for a thread later this year.
View Quote

Your drive to innovate and improve on existing product lines while keep prices affordable for the middle poors like myself, never ceases to amaze me. This is fantastic news!!! thank you for keeping us updated!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#43]
The weight on these just kills it for me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, in my experience a well done FFP reticle can look like a simple duplex reticle at low power and be quite usable.

I really wonder if some people shoot or just type.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well, in my experience a well done FFP reticle can look like a simple duplex reticle at low power and be quite usable.

I really wonder if some people shoot or just type.
View Quote

It depends on the reticle. I tried a FFP scope with an ACSS reticle that was not daylight bright, and on 1x, in bright daylight, it looked like....nothing. Completely useless for my needs.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks for the help!!
View Quote

Its self-serving work, believe me.  They've got measurements for their new scope caps for the GLx 4-16 and 6-24 now, too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Actually we do get it here. This has Been beaten to death here for the past 10 years.

Yes just about every LPVO under a grand with a few exceptions are not going to be daylight bright.

Some here either can’t afford them or already have enough that just need or want to fill rail space with another optic that isn’t going to bankrupt them.

I thought this was harped on here too but maybe not enough?

There are also some here who will harp on why you shouldn’t depend on a LPVO and will go nuts on posters here who swear by them. It starts to sound kind of neurotic after a while when you read it in every thread from the same posters.

I agree myself that daylight bright should be a priority but some here don’t agree and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. It’s like some here are on some kind of crusade to change as many minds as they can. It’s gets old and obnoxious sometimes unless it’s a new member here asking about it.  
View Quote

Sorry, it’s important enough to be continually ragged on.  I know that there will be a lot of excuses made, including a rather bizarre statement in a thread last Fall by a rep from a Chinese optics firm about it requiring “exotic” technology, but if a LPVO isn’t daylight bright I’m just not interested.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

People who are constantly talking about running their gear "hard and fast" can neither run fast or get hard

Change my mind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Japan
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But is it made in China?

Japan

Hats off!  You will earn my business again
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to be looking for something for a scar17 in a few months I'm debating running an offset micro like an rmr so I'm debating on just getting a good scope that isn't a lpvo but I know nothing about scopes.

My son says get a 10x and I'll be grabbing a lpvo 1-6 for another project soon as well. My thought is if these are gtg I could probably get both with mounts for the price of the vortex 1-10 I was going to get.

I want something easy to use and lightweight and the vortex 6x and 10x are my starting baseline scopes I'm going to look into. These primary arms optics do have my curiosity.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top