Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 28
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here's the 2x with a full field of view.  the reticle is very easy to see.  I took this picture at dusk

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5205/Scale_Adjusted_Actual_Image_seen_TA45_an-1382011.jpg
View Quote
if you scale the bottom image to be about 15% smaller than the top image than thats about the 2x reticule. at least on my 24" 1080 monitor.

atually went out and did some drills last night with my 2X. I do like it, but I wish there was a holdover for close up shots like the eotech has. I would rather have that than 500 yard hold overs. shooting 500 yards with a 2X is kinda pointless. although I did take some shots at 513 yards with it and it was pretty close.

I found the middle of the ranging lines was about right for 7 yard holdover, but those aren't illuminated. I can see the merit of the ACSS reticule on a LPVO especially a 1-6 or higher, but on a fixed 1 or 2X I think the eotech reticule would be better. maybe the one with a few dots as well.

having said all that, I like mine and wont be selling it. Its on my main 16" goto AR.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
if you scale the bottom image to be about 15% smaller than the top image than thats about the 2x reticule. at least on my 24" 1080 monitor.

atually went out and did some drills last night with my 2X. I do like it, but I wish there was a holdover for close up shots like the eotech has. I would rather have that than 500 yard hold overs. shooting 500 yards with a 2X is kinda pointless. although I did take some shots at 513 yards with it and it was pretty close.

I found the middle of the ranging lines was about right for 7 yard holdover, but those aren't illuminated. I can see the merit of the ACSS reticule on a LPVO especially a 1-6 or higher, but on a fixed 1 or 2X I think the eotech reticule would be better. maybe the one with a few dots as well.

having said all that, I like mine and wont be selling it. Its on my main 16" goto AR.
View Quote

If you want close range holdovers you need a Swampfox Blade.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

For those times you are trying to decide whether to shoot him in the bridge of the nose or the tip of the nose?
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:27:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Note that the field of view on the 2x is fricking huge compared to the ACOG
View Quote
This was a significant advantage over the ACOG in my decision to go with the PA 2x. Not to mention that the glass clarity isn't too shabby as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Engineers rate it at 3.6" but it is incredibly forgiving. You can push it much farther out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the eye relief like on it?

Engineers rate it at 3.6" but it is incredibly forgiving. You can push it much farther out.

Attachment Attached File

In green, please and thank you
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Please tell me this optic will feature the new logo, it’s a fantastic update.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it time for the pre-order yet?!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

New, as in not the goofy Algerian font???
It's about time, the PA logo alone takes a good product and makes it look cheaper...
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's about time, the PA logo alone takes a good product and makes it look cheaper...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very much this haha
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Very much this haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very much this haha

There have been a few PA threads over the years with lots of logo suggestions.
Even a font change to something more professional / less cheesy would have made a big difference.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/Primary-Arms-Logo-Font/325-288951/
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Can you post a pic of the reticle, looking through the tube?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I will get some taken
View Quote

You are the best. Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know when order/pre order will be available. Definitely putting in an order.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You are the best. Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know when order/pre order will be available. Definitely putting in an order.
View Quote
Ditto.

And ditto again.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Is this a true 1x or a 1.1 etc.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is this a true 1x or a 1.1 etc.

View Quote

Actual eye relief (where you mount it) and the diopter adjustment for your individual vision have a lot to do with the final apparent magnification.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Actual eye relief (where you mount it) and the diopter adjustment for your individual vision have a lot to do with the final apparent magnification.
View Quote

As will the distance to the target to some extent.  I have yet to have an optic other than a RDS that has perfect 1x, nor have I had a problem shooting with them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

A lot of work went into this all new optical system to make this a true red dot alternative.  I think we succeeded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of work went into this all new optical system to make this a true red dot alternative.  I think we succeeded.

I'm sure i will end up with one or more...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I need this optic yesterday. And the 9mm the day before.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Is this going to be the only reticle?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm really interested in it's NV use. I can remember a conversation a while back about why the cyclops wouldn't. I'm using one of your advanced micro dots now and love it, but I have a friend with a cyclops and love it too. Give me the best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

If this is indeed intended to be a red dot alternative, I think a dot reticle should be considered.  Perhaps with a circle around it, and maybe some BDC but not really necessary with a 50/200 zero.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok....good....I'm not the only one that thought using a Windows font for a logo was cheesy.  (Sorry Marshall....lol)

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If this is indeed intended to be a red dot alternative, I think a dot reticle should be considered.  Perhaps with a circle around it, and maybe some BDC but not really necessary with a 50/200 zero.
View Quote

Ehh, vortex makes that. It should be a simple 2moa dot, or an improved / bigger version like they are doing. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#34]
I have been waiting for a 1x prism in 1x since the cyclops was announced, never really liked the small size of the cyclops reticle. I'm so glad this is a thing now! I've never pre-ordered anything before. This will be a first for me!

Will the illumination system be the updated version? I heard the new illumination on the green cyclops is really bright, as opposed to the early cyclops sights. Hoping this gets bright too. I think, in order for this to truly be a RDS killer, we need unapologetic daylight brightness!

Another thing I'm curious about is how obstructive the illumination knob is. I'm hoping it's not a giant clonker that obstructs the otherwise rapid 1x view.

Is this a 16mm or 20mm sight?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:37:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have been waiting for a 1x prism in 1x since the cyclops was announced, never really liked the small size of the cyclops reticle. I'm so glad this is a thing now! I've never pre-ordered anything before. This will be a first for me!

Will the illumination system be the updated version? I heard the new illumination on the green cyclops is really bright, as opposed to the early cyclops sights. Hoping this gets bright too. I think, in order for this to truly be a RDS killer, we need unapologetic daylight brightness!

Another thing I'm curious about is how obstructive the illumination knob is. I'm hoping it's not a giant clonker that obstructs the otherwise rapid 1x view.

Is this a 16mm or 20mm sight?
View Quote

previously mentioned website says 1x17mm
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

previously mentioned website says 1x17mm
View Quote

Link to pre-order?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Link to pre-order?
View Quote

None that I know of yet I've resorted to checking their websites several times a day in the hopes that I won't miss it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Pre ordering should be available around the time of Shot Show
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ok....good....I'm not the only one that thought using a Windows font for a logo was cheesy.  (Sorry Marshall....lol)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have missed the logo change announcement.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/NEW-LOGO/325-298068/
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You must have missed the logo change announcement.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/NEW-LOGO/325-298068/
View Quote

It was actually posted in this thread 8 minutes before that thread was made.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Very much looking forward to this. I’ve been working my way through sights and so far the Holosun has appeared the clearest to my astigmatism afflicted eyes. The MRO HD was next on my list, but depending on the actual release, this may jump to the top.

Also great to come across this after my disappointment in Vortex’s newest release. It’s too bad they didn’t update the 1x spitfire when they designed their new magnified prisms.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Very much looking forward to this. I’ve been working my way through sights and so far the Holosun has appeared the clearest to my astigmatism afflicted eyes. The MRO HD was next on my list, but depending on the actual release, this may jump to the top.

Also great to come across this after my disappointment in Vortex’s newest release. It’s too bad they didn’t update the 1x spitfire when they designed their new magnified prisms.
View Quote

I like the Spitfire 1x. Simple reticle without ranging markers I don't need from 50-200yds. The Bushnell lil' P is smaller than the new PA offering, it has a busier reticle than Spitfire, but still useable fron 50-200. It can be had for 149.00 at Natchez, and has a lifetime warranty, and 50k hour battery life.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like a winner.  Pic of the actual reticle reminds me more of my 2x which is perfect.  Cyclops I have is nice,  but I did always find the reticle to be too small for my eyes regardless of diopter adjustment.  Looking forward to being able to buy a few.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

As will the distance to the target to some extent.  I have yet to have an optic other than a RDS that has perfect 1x, nor have I had a problem shooting with them.
View Quote
Most red dots even have a tad bit of magnification.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Bushnell might be a decent value for that price. That is a close out because it has been discontinued. It set the standard for size but the tradeoff was too high. It did not perform as well as the other 1X prisms (Vortex, Swampfox, our Cyclops). Our new from the ground up optical system does and beyond. It is far more red dot like and has crazy forgiving eye relief.
View Quote

I am ready Marsh and hope to be first in the preorder list.  As much as I like the glx 2x, this should be a home run for me.  I look forward to not seeing smears when trying to take precise dots.  
ETA : that comment in reference to every red dot I have tried not to the GLX 2X which is literally fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:13:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The Bushnell might be a decent value for that price. That is a close out because it has been discontinued. It set the standard for size but the tradeoff was too high. It did not perform as well as the other 1X prisms (Vortex, Swampfox, our Cyclops). Our new from the ground up optical system does and beyond. It is far more red dot like and has crazy forgiving eye relief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the Spitfire 1x. Simple reticle without ranging markers I don't need from 50-200yds. The Bushnell lil' P is smaller than the new PA offering, it has a busier reticle than Spitfire, but still useable fron 50-200. It can be had for 149.00 at Natchez, and has a lifetime warranty, and 50k hour battery life.

Thanks for the reply, Marsh. I have a few of your offerings, and they have worked out great including an early red dot that still works fine. I may drop the hammer on this new 1x. I really like the spitfire, but would prefer a smaller and lighter package.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#48]

@MARSH1

Just want to say I dig the new logo!  It was about time you guys changed it looks much better than the old logo.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We started with a clean slate and said how small can you make a optic that will perform to these parameters.  I think we nailed it with the new Micro 1X and 3X (more info on 3X shortly).
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top