Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got enough manufacturing experience to understand why a company might not be able to keep up on stock levels, especially within a market that is as volatile and fad prone as the gun market.

BUT, I also think that many companies use logistics as an excuse.

They've currently got this mount for one footprint; obviously I haven't looked at their demand/distribution/etc. analysis, but as a customer I'd like to see them expand manufacturing capabilities until stock levels stabilize and then begin adding models;

This could fairly easily be adapted to MRO, ACRO, RMR, etc. footprints, a 30mm ring mount for COMP/PRO/etc.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got enough manufacturing experience to understand why a company might not be able to keep up on stock levels, especially within a market that is as volatile and fad prone as the gun market.

BUT, I also think that many companies use logistics as an excuse.

They've currently got this mount for one footprint; obviously I haven't looked at their demand/distribution/etc. analysis, but as a customer I'd like to see them expand manufacturing capabilities until stock levels stabilize and then begin adding models;

This could fairly easily be adapted to MRO, ACRO, RMR, etc. footprints, a 30mm ring mount for COMP/PRO/etc.
View Quote

From what I’ve seen on their IG live they’re actually working on quite a few new mounts for magnifiers and other optics to include the MRO.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

From what I’ve seen on their IG live they’re actually working on quite a few new mounts for magnifiers and other optics to include the MRO.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/C421EF51-DE77-4785-99E8-4A690E318EF9_png-1803819.JPG
View Quote

They would make a killing. The only high mount for MRO I could find is made my Scalarworks and I love their stuff but they again are one of those companies who cant seem to figure out a way to get stock. Been on their waiting list for so long I think they are going out of business. They do get T2 mounts every once in a while though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know if the Sig Romeo 5/PA Advanced Miro Dot compatible with the Unity Fast Aimpoint Micro offset adapter plate?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the Sig Romeo 5/PA Advanced Miro Dot compatible with the Unity Fast Aimpoint Micro offset adapter plate?
View Quote

Should be. I know for a fact the Unity Fast units I have work with all my RD's.. including the Romeo 5 and my PA FDE Adv MD.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Should be. I know for a fact the Unity Fast units I have work with all my RD's.. including the Romeo 5 and my PA FDE Adv MD.
View Quote

Awesome, want to try an offset red dot before I drop the money on an Aimpoint for it. Now if I could only find the adapter plate in stock.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Awesome, want to try an offset red dot before I drop the money on an Aimpoint for it. Now if I could only find the adapter plate in stock.....
View Quote

I just went out to Unity's website to have a look. From the pic of the plate they show, I see no reason for most any, Std "T2" footprint micro RD wouldn't fit.

Might want to send them an email just to be sure, but they all should fit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just went out to Unity's website to have a look. From the pic of the plate they show, I see no reason for most any, Std "T2" footprint micro RD wouldn't fit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as the hole alignment is standard...which many are now.  The RMR footprints are all over the map, but those aren't the red dots in discussion
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As long as the hole alignment is standard...which many are now.  The RMR footprints are all over the map, but those aren't the red dots in discussion
View Quote

Agreed. I think most have the T2 mount holes standardized.. at least in my experience. I've had good luck with Holosun & SwamFox on the RMR footprint.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Finally received my Unity Mount yesterday. I also have the magnifier Mount, but the QD lever does not seem to get the mount tight enough on the rail. Any directions on tightening this? I apologize if I missed it somewhere earlier in the thread
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58387/A9116A92-308B-4F80-BAB1-7A37847934BB_jpe-1813581.JPG

Finally received my Unity Mount yesterday. I also have the magnifier Mount, but the QD lever does not seem to get the mount tight enough on the rail. Any directions on tightening this? I apologize if I missed it somewhere earlier in the thread
View Quote

You have to push the part that grabs the rail laterally/out to expose the screw nut to then turn it (clockwise I believe to tighten).  Do so in quarter to half turn increments, test tightness, adjust as necessary.  I have found the mount finicky where the lateral push to expose the screw doesn't work.  In that case I muscled the turns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Just snagged another FDE micro mount from TNVC. Yes!

@-KentuckyWindage- That right there is just gorgeous. Job well done sir.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You have to push the part that grabs the rail laterally/out to expose the screw nut to then turn it (clockwise I believe to tighten).  Do so in quarter to half turn increments, test tightness, adjust as necessary.  I have found the mount finicky where the lateral push to expose the screw doesn't work.  In that case I muscled the turns.
View Quote

That did it. I feel like a knuckle head for not being able to figure that one out!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just snagged another FDE micro mount from TNVC. Yes!

@-KentuckyWindage- That right there is just gorgeous. Job well done sir.
View Quote

Thank you Sir!
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Latest build with a fresh stamp. Black Unity micro was a no brainer..

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://media.fotki.com/2v2H8SKCzx9T3R.jpg
View Quote

Looks very nice
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks very nice
View Quote

Thanks brother. It's amazing how the quest for a Geissele ODG ACH turns itself into a $3200 gun build...
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

@MackDaddy1962 Nice rifle! What receivers did you use? I have a build with a green fed rail that I wouldn't mind swapping over to green receivers.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Love that OD green look.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#23]
@2apatriot @laxman09 Thanks brothers!

Upper is a complete (minus G's BCG) Geissele Super Duty ODG 11.5"

Lower is a stripped 300BO Rolled marked unit from RGuns (the only thing I could find reasonably right now.) I bought a stripped forged upper/lower set cheap.

As it turns out, this build got the RGuns lower, and another build got the matching upper.

ETA: FYI, not to get off topic.. but, RGuns is doing away with FDE & ODG anodizing. When current inventory is gone, they're done. I nailed the same 300BO stripped set in Ano FDE too.. Just because.

The matching forged upper..

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm on a roll..

This one gets Scalarworks PEAK BUIS as well.. next week.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They would make a killing. The only high mount for MRO I could find is made my Scalarworks and I love their stuff but they again are one of those companies who cant seem to figure out a way to get stock. Been on their waiting list for so long I think they are going out of business. They do get T2 mounts every once in a while though.
View Quote

ADM makes one but it’s 2.33
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not a fan. I had a few and in two scenarios the mount screws ruined my T2 helicoils. And I used the correct screw lengths. RMA’ed. Couldn’t do those mounts anymore.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:00:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Some really good looking builds in here.

That also look like they have never been shot.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Guilty. I've been on a roll with builds as of late. The 8" mutt & 10.5" FDE lowers have seen use. Uppers are fresh.. as is the complete ODG 11.5" build.

And with Ammo prices & my current stash... well, ya know.

They all need dialed in, so at least 80rnds per to get them on paper anyway. Soon.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:41:19 AM EDT
[#30]
My 11lb (loaded with can) chonk of a 10.3 URGI.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I've been searching the globe for both the Unity Tactical Eotech G33 Mount AND their Riser in either color too! ALL M.I.A !! Lots to trade.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Was simply surfing the web on these and stumbled over the Unity Tactical Eotech QD on Optics Planet in my FDE as well. I also placed a backorder on the Riser you seek here. In my quest for Eotech's I spoke with their Customer Service Rep who clued me in on a few things. He said that all the Sites who allow you to purchase backordered items like Optics Planet and Brownells' (sometimes) that ALL of those Pre-Paid Orders are always restocked PRIOR to them posting inventory on their own site.

Meaning, if you go ahead and place the order for this on OP you'll set yourself in the queue and they'll drop ship and charge you THEN so ya have nothing to lose IMHO while searching still. I ordered both the Black and FDE (the latter is still in stock when I left too!) One Member who said tire on eBay was right but when I saw a $205 price on one I fell off my chair! WTF Over?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
One Member who said tire on eBay was right but when I saw a $205 price on one I fell off my chair! WTF Over?
View Quote

Yeah, same with everything in demand. Sellers upcharging because they know there's people out there that will pay a few bucks more to have it now, instead of waiting.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Fast Micro in FDE back in stock (for now at least..)

Kenzies Optics
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fast Micro in FDE back in stock (for now at least..)

Kenzies Optics
View Quote

Weapon Outfitters has both FDE and black in stock as well.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/unity-tactical.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Weapon Outfitters has both FDE and black in stock as well.

https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/unity-tactical.html
View Quote

Thanks brother. Nailed another black one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Updated pic. Loving the Fast mount.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I know it's blasphemy, but I'd truthfully like to remove the Unity rear ghost ring as well. I know I could just buy the Midwest Industries units, but I've got what I've got. Don't want to ruin them, just get'm out.
View Quote

Quoting myself...

Just an FYI (that I'm sure the rest of you all probably already knew..)

If I would have just removed one of my RD's to look at what I already had.. that would've been too easy. Took delivery of FAST mount #4 today. Taking the rear ghost ring out is a snap. I even put the cross bolt/adjustment screw back in for that unaltered look.

I know most will say, why? Cause I can.

Rolling all 4 SBR's with Unity FAST mounts & Scalarworks PEAK irons. Done.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:58:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Been trying to get a FDE Eotech riser.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Been trying to get a FDE Eotech riser.  
View Quote

Same.  Got the kenzies notification today that they were back in stock.  Instantly checked and they were already gone.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same.  Got the kenzies notification today that they were back in stock.  Instantly checked and they were already gone.
View Quote

My black riser backorder from Kenzie's just shipped. Guessing what they got in probably filled backorders.

I'm currently running the PTS airsoft Unity licensed riser with my UH1. It's held zero and worked fine for 20ish bucks.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My black riser backorder from Kenzie's just shipped. Guessing what they got in probably filled backorders.

I'm currently running the PTS airsoft Unity licensed riser with my UH1. It's held zero and worked fine for 20ish bucks.
View Quote

I should have done that.  I didn't backorder hoping that any of the 10 places I used for back in stock notifications would pay off....given that with my luck I'd backorder from the last place to get their resupply.

Caved and tossed in a backorder with brownells.  Hopefully the other notifications work out
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:43:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoting myself...

Just an FYI (that I'm sure the rest of you all probably already knew..)

If I would have just removed one of my RD's to look at what I already had.. that would've been too easy. Took delivery of FAST mount #4 today. Taking the rear ghost ring out is a snap. I even put the cross bolt/adjustment screw back in for that unaltered look.

I know most will say, why? Cause I can.

Rolling all 4 SBR's with Unity FAST mounts & Scalarworks PEAK irons. Done.
View Quote

How do you get the rear sight out of the Unity mount?
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't looked at doing it, but it'll probably come apart if you keep unscrewing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I should have done that.  I didn't backorder hoping that any of the 10 places I used for back in stock notifications would pay off....given that with my luck I'd backorder from the last place to get their resupply.

Caved and tossed in a backorder with brownells.  Hopefully the other notifications work out
View Quote
did the same.  figure since they don't charge for the preorder it makes sense.  then just hope others get theirs in 1st.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

You'll see a captive screw before mounting an optic. Once you remove that, it all comes apart.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I haven't looked at doing it, but it'll probably come apart if you keep unscrewing.
View Quote

That'll render it broken. Ask me how I know...
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top