User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
BushnellSMRS 1-6 is a good one and seen them closing out at $500.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is also useable on 6x or 8x?  Asking for a lot there.
View Quote

SWFA 1-6X SS-HD
FFP, very useful illuminated reticle.

Here's an archived ARFCOM review thread.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By @Soberglitch:
At this point I’m heavily leaning towards the Razor Gen II-E. Seems to have a good eye box, simple reticle and excel at 1x which is what I’m after.

Now just have to play the waiting game on selling the Accupower before I can make the switch.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]

I like that, but pretty hard to make out the hash marks @ 1x tho.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You don’t use the ‘hash marks’ at 1x. You put the center of the reticle on the target and shoot. At 200 yds you are already at 6x, you use the ‘hash marks’ past 300 yds. That is using a 50/200 yd zero, or even a 36/300 yd zero.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You don’t use the ‘hash marks’ at 1x. You put the center of the reticle on the target and shoot. At 200 yds you are already at 6x, you use the ‘hash marks’ past 300 yds. That is using a 50/200 yd zero, or even a 36/300 yd zero.
View Quote

Did you read the OP?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's a good and updated list to consider, especially if where it's made actually matters to you or not https://sageratsafaris.com/master-list-of-illuminated-variable-1x-rifle-scopes/
View Quote

Hey, thanks for posting that!
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Another nx8 guy checking in.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BushnellSMRS 1-6 is a good one and seen them closing out at $500.
View Quote

This if you want to save a few bucks. I have one and am very happy for what I paid. Japanese LOW scope with very nice glass and a nice reticle. Not ffp and illumination is not daylight bright. The center dot is a bit big for precision work but the bdc is fine and thats what you'd be using at range anyway. The delta striker is another LOW scope that seems similar but has a wire reticle and the illumination is supposed to be nuclear bright. The delta scopes seem to be very reasonably priced right now and I'm sure the price will go up once they gain market share like the steiner 1-4 did.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I ended up going with the Razor HD Gen II-E. It feels damn heavy compared to the Accupoint but it’s a nice piece of glass.

It was a choice between the Razor and the Kahles K16i. Maybe the weight savings on the Kahles would be worth the extra cost but I got cold feet reading about the recent Kahles QC issues (not sure how true or prevalent those really are).

Still might try the Kahles, who knows?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the look of that Badger mount!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Great choice Glitch, very nice!

Reading through this thread and having been there done that, (accupower 1-8, burris 1-8 sfp and ffp, RT-6, weaver tac, vortex razor (looked through) and pst 1-6), the only optic I wish I had a chance to review was the NX8. Just not sold yet on what I've read about that eye box on 8x. The eye box on the razor is massive you're probably already figuring that out and loving it.

I ended up compromising on a Credo 1-6 SFP (BDC w/LED Dot) for the weight, aimpoint bright reticle and made in Japan. Reminds me of the razor without the giant eye box, just a bit lighter and less $$. Very happy with it. Just trying to decide if I'm keeping the red or green LED dot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#13]
You chose wisely.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#14]
good choice,  a 1-6x model.

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like the look of that Badger mount!
View Quote

The Badger's are 100% the best option out there right now, if you can find one in stock.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I’ve had the Badger for a while now and I’ve been happy with it. I just wish they made a Doctor/Insight compatible mount to attach.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why would you attempt to holdover at 1x when you have higher magnification settings?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

True that.
View Quote

I've seen that often repeated in these here interwebs. And I used to believe that myself. But then I actually got ahold of a few of them and I'm now a believer. The right reticle in an FFP LPVO works great...red dot at 1x and ranging at high mag.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The Badger's are 100% the best option out there right now, if you can find one in stock.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50726321923_db8f7a9326_b.jpg
View Quote

What puts the Badger over something like a G or Scalarworks mount?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What puts the Badger over something like a G or Scalarworks mount?
View Quote

Availability. Price vs the Scalarworks. Ability to use their offset mounts if that’s your thing. You could throw NF into the mix for solid high end mounts as well. I have versions of each mounting system other than the Geissele and I don’t think any of them are a bad choice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've seen that often repeated in these here interwebs. And I used to believe that myself. But then I actually got ahold of a few of them and I'm now a believer. The right reticle in an FFP LPVO works great...red dot at 1x and ranging at high mag.
View Quote

Yeah, it's utter nonsense, but to be fair, how many people, even on here, are really buying NX8s or Razor Gen3s or whatever to actually experience a good, daylight bright FFP LPVO? Probably not a lot.

The funny thing is, I used to be team FFP all the things, but I gradually realized that for 1-4/1-5/1-6 LPVOs, it just was not that necessary. You can get a lot more for your money with a SFP 1-6 right now, and that's hard to argue with. I do think once you're past 1-6 (or maybe 1-8?), FFP becomes more of a requirement simply because you don't always need all that magnification.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top