BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a Sightmark Wolverine in 2moa as a replacement.

Was only $100.00.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Odd choice but good luck with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Odd choice but good luck with it.
View Quote
Thanks.

A coworker of mine had one. He said it worked well. He sold it with a rifle because at the time he paid a lot more for it than I just did.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll find out soon enough.

It's a $100 gamble.

I spent a whole lot more than that on the 4 bad Eotechs I bought......

I wonder if I should get rid of my 552 ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
That sucks they won't repair your sight. I sent mine back in and got the refund. Recently bought a used 512 off eBay for $200. The reticle disappears if looking through it towards the left side of the lens. I hope I won't end up in the same boat.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That sucks they won't repair your sight. I sent mine back in and got the refund. Recently bought a used 512 off eBay for $200. The reticle disappears if looking through it towards the left side of the lens. I hope I won't end up in the same boat.
View Quote
Unfortunately, you probably will.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pfft!  You already are.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Vortex UH1 fades the same way new out of the box...without leaks...but no one seems to care about it. Lol.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Vortex UH1 fades the same way new out of the box...without leaks...but no one seems to care about it. Lol.
View Quote
Yup. Definitely seeing a trend here. You definitely drink the koolaid.  No matter the facts or real world examples you just keep chugging.

Another thread showing how awesome eotech is!!  Pay attention people. This is the CS you will get when your sight dies and they don’t feel like fixing it. And trust me, it’ll die sooner or later.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup. Definitely seeing a trend here. You definitely drink the koolaid.  No matter the facts or real world examples you just keep chugging.

Another thread showing how awesome eotech is!!  Pay attention people. This is the CS you will get when your sight dies and they don’t feel like fixing it. And trust me, it’ll die sooner or later.
View Quote
That's what I don't understand. They won't even fix it at my expense.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They do not want to warranty the repair, implied or otherwise.
View Quote
I understand that but if the sight was as rugged and reliable as they advertise it to be, they could fix the problem with confidence.

Or they could make the customer agree to a warranty waiver, with older units ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am in agreement.

FWIW, I dumped my last Eotech. Great reticles, fun to shoot.  I'm just not waiting around for the inevitable.

I've got APs that are 20 yrs old that function as intended. I'll hedge my bets that direction.
View Quote
I don't blame you at all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Another thread showing how awesome eotech is!!  Pay attention people. This is the CS you will get when your discontinued sight dies and they don’t feel like fixing it. And trust me, it’ll die sooner or later.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another thread showing how awesome eotech is!!  Pay attention people. This is the CS you will get when your discontinued sight dies and they don’t feel like fixing it. And trust me, it’ll die sooner or later.
Fixed it for you. BTW, tons of threads speaking to great CS at Eotech. This guy's one thread doesn't deter many, if anyone, at all.

@cwm1150 I don't think the 512 is discontinued so you should be good. I would be interested to hear your results though.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
No. I speak from experience having owned the UH1....
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you. BTW, tons of threads speaking to great CS at Eotech. This guy's one thread doesn't deter many, if anyone, at all.

@cwm1150 I don't think the 512 is discontinued so you should be good. I would be interested to hear your results though.
View Quote
I think he had a 557 if I remember correctly...those are no longer made anymore
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#20]
So your 11 year old optic that is clearly outside of its warranty window began to fade, then upon contacting customer service, you were advised they could no longer fix your optic, so instead, offered you 50% off on a new optic of your choice?

I’d consider that reasonable customer service. Just briefly looking at the Eotech website, that gets you a new 512 for $240, or an EXPS 3 series for $350.

Another member mentioned his Aimpoint M2 shit the bed and Aimpoint was unable to fix it. Did Aimpoint offer him 50% off a new optic of his choice?

I have no dog in this fight and typically run Aimpoints due to personal preference, but this has turned into a witch hunt even after the manufacturer attempted to make things right.

I’m sure if OP’s Aimpoint M2 went down and they offered him 50% off towards a T2 we’d all be high fiving and talking about how awesome the customer service is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So your 11 year old optic that is clearly outside of its warranty window began to fade, then upon contacting customer service, you were advised they could no longer fix your optic, so instead, offered you 50% off on a new optic of your choice?

I’d consider that reasonable customer service. Just briefly looking at the Eotech website, that gets you a new 512 for $240, or an EXPS 3 series for $350.

Another member mentioned his Aimpoint M2 shit the bed and Aimpoint was unable to fix it. Did Aimpoint offer him 50% off a new optic of his choice?

I have no dog in this fight and typically run Aimpoints due to personal preference, but this has turned into a witch hunt even after the manufacturer attempted to make things right.

I’m sure if OP’s Aimpoint M2 went down and they offered him 50% off towards a T2 we’d all be high fiving and talking about how awesome the customer service is.
View Quote
No. AP told me to sorry but they don't work on those anymore...no biggie...bought a PRO...M2 served me well...it was out of warranty and discontinued...wasn't expecting miracles.

EOtech, AP, Trijicon, S&B, Vortex, Meopta etc etc make great optics...each have their pros and cons...we all can pick whatever we want...to me...EOtech wins in the red dot/1X category...no bashing of EOtech will ever change that fact and I will always talk about the advantages that an EOtech offers. Now that I have all 2018 sights...I am covered for 10 years...but a lot happens and improves in 10 years...so the chances of any of us keeping an optic that long is really not that realistic.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Every EOTech I ever bought was a lemon.

Every Aimpoint I ever bought works as good as the first day I bought it. A couple of them are 11-12 years old.

Which one do you think I'm going to recommend?

The shitty customer service was just the icing on the cake.

I don't think 50% off the overinflated prices on their website is such great customer service.

BTW, if all that's needed is a nitrogen purge, it's not that they can't fix it; it's that they don't want to...

I bought all of them new from vendors. Why was I not contacted and informed about the buyback?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
BTW, my Sightmark Wolverine arrived today.

My initial impression is while it's not Aimpoint Quality, it's not that far a behind.

It seems to be built fairly well.

I'm impressed so far.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nailed it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BTW, my Sightmark Wolverine arrived today.

My initial impression is while it's not Aimpoint Quality, it's not that far a behind.

It seems to be built fairly well.

I'm impressed so far.
View Quote
LOL well you enjoy that. Let's let this silly thread die.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:36:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Every EOTech I ever bought was a lemon.

Every Aimpoint I ever bought works as good as the first day I bought it. A couple of them are 11-12 years old.

Which one do you think I'm going to recommend?

The shitty customer service was just the icing on the cake.

I don't think 50% off the overinflated prices on their website is such great customer service.

BTW, if all that's needed is a nitrogen purge, it's not that they can't fix it; it's that they don't want to...

I bought all of them new from vendors. Why was I not contacted and informed about the buyback?
View Quote
See...thats fine...we all have different experiences. I've had to send back more ACOGs back to service than EOtechs (the only one I ever sent back when they did the buyback happened)...do you see me not recommending ACOGs...do you see me not recommend AP even though they didn't want to work on my Comp M2 (out of warranty)...nope...I will continue to buy them. Each optic platform has their pros and cons...

Where were you when the news broke about EOtech 2 years ago? It was all over the internet and their website...why do you think EOtech has to contact you direct from the hundreds of thousands of their customers about it? They posted it on their website loud and clear. It was talked about in every single firearm forum on the universe...so unless you were hiding under a rock from the internet during those times...I do not see how you didn't know about the issues.

What over inflated prices are you talking about...those are MSRP prices which the MANUFACTURER sets...JUST LIKE EVERY SINGLE OTHER manufacturer...but because it is EOtech...they are over inflated...dude...business 1:1 for you...MSRP is always higher than retail...50% you were offered is below retail prices...they offered that to you on a sight that was OUT OF WARRANTY...they didn't have to offer you crap. Just saying.

Anyways...good luck with your Sightmark optic...hope it serves you well.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Where were you when the news broke about EOtech 2 years ago? It was all over the internet and their website...why do you think EOtech has to contact you direct from the hundreds of thousands of their customers about it? They posted it on their website loud and clear. It was talked about in every single firearm forum on the universe...so unless you were hiding under a rock from the internet during those times...I do not see how you didn't know about the issues.

Anyways...good luck with your Sightmark optic...hope it serves you well.
View Quote
I was living abroad and out of the firearm loop at that time; so I had no clue about the buyback

Believe me, if I'd known, I would have taken advantage.

I had two other EOtechs I sold years earlier because they drained batteries.

Anyway I appreciate the well wishes with my new Sightmark.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 4:47:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zeroed just fine the other day. I remember what was great about the eotech, the reticule Seems to be working well so far for a several year old used optic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#29]
EOTech charged me $79 to repair a dim EXPS3 that was manufactured in 2013.

Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They are disposable $500 sights that are not compatible with what I need from a $500 sight.  Their only redeeming features is reticle and fov.   But those are useless if the damn thing doesn't work.
View Quote
I am 0 for 3 with my EOTech sights, so, yeah, "disposable $500 sights" is being kind.  All mine died sitting unused in a gun safe.

There are other optics with similarly good "circle-dot" reticles - Primary Arms ACSS comes to mind but there are others.

Shooting with two eyes open mostly negates any field of view (FOV) advantage of one sight over another.  In terms of FOV, I think the flip open lens caps are a bigger hindrance than window size.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@OP

My 2017 built EXPS2 has been excellent.

https://i.imgur.com/tbyWSiE.jpg?1

Take all criticism in the internet firearm community with a grain of salt rather positive or negative.

We know anytime there has been a Glock failure it was the owners fault, there has never been an Aimpoint failure in the history of the universe, and SCARs are totally worth every penny.

I was in theater among ODA and 75th around the same time period the whole EO #metoo debacle started..,

NO ONE CARED.., NOBODY.., but of course civilians on the internet back in the US were livid and sooo appalled.

I just don't buy into the internet drama. A person can be so disgusted with EOtech, but for example, let's say; still buy and drive GM products. A company that covered up responsibility for American deaths for 13yrs and was under investigation by the DoJ?

Anyways, I'd use the coupon op. Maybe on a LPVO? EO has totally redone tooling and electronics so I see the rational behind not servicing an older optic. Sucks, because when the big bad EO was throwing out money to people for old optics, including second hand owners with NO proof of purchase, many of them never had issues to begin with and just wanted to take advantage.
View Quote
This post is BULLSHIT!

I had three die while sitting unused in a dry gun safe.

I was never notified about any buyback/recall.  I am the original owner and have receipts.  When I finally found out about the recall (via AR15.com), I was less than 30 days late and was refused a refund.

Any optic that dies while sitting unused is not worth buying or owning.  Especially when it is on a home defense/self defense rifle.

Any company that does not offer a lifetime warranty is not worth patronizing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This post is BULLSHIT!

I had three die while sitting unused in a dry gun safe.

I was never notified about any buyback/recall.  I am the original owner and have receipts.  When I finally found out about the recall (via AR15.com), I was less than 30 days late and was refused a refund.

Any optic that dies while sitting unused is not worth buying or owning.  Especially when it is on a home defense/self defense rifle.

Any company that does not offer a lifetime warranty is not worth patronizing.
View Quote
The whole post is bullshit because you didn't agree with how you were treated? There's a lot of evidence that overseas guys who choose their equipment never stopped using Eotech and SOCOM just recently selected them again as their CQB optic. I'll be realistic though and say Eotech is a company that gets by just fine with .gov contracts only and they only offered the buyback to get out ahead of the outrage and be able to set their own terms and conditions for the buyback. Which included a cutoff date which they chose so they can strictly enforce.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The whole post is bullshit because you didn't agree with how you were treated?

Not at all.

3 out of 3 failed sitting in the safe - that the fundamental reason I am disgusted with EOTech products.  Don't forget or ignore that fact?

These sights were on all my self defense firearms.  This was important to me.  I am certainly glad I chose to periodically test them.

There are always people who will try to deny the facts and experiences of others simply because they have not experienced it themselves.  Sometimes, they have a vested interest in defending (or trashing) the product or company.  Sometimes, it is to test the veracity of a statement/person whom they do not personally know.  Sometimes, it's just personal.  It's impossible to know why with no additional info.  I have provided the info (written and photographic) on why I am unhappy with EOTech.

By the way, I bought them because people here of AR15.com, in this very forum, said they were great! and after all, "SOCOM uses them".  Well,... we all know how that turned out, don't we?

I have a TASCO red dot that's almost 30 years old and it still works.  I have an Aimpoint that sat right next to the EOTechs.  It still works just fine.  WTF happened with these EOTechs?

I think it is very healthy to have critical, fact-based information on this forum.  It is one form of defense against otherwise unhindered marketing BS.  To call this information "bullshit" is, well,... bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
ditch that junk EOTech, and get Holosun with EOTech reticles. it will cost less then 1/4 of EOTech and will last forever while holding zero perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole post is bullshit because you didn't agree with how you were treated?

Not at all.

3 out of 3 failed sitting in the safe - that the fundamental reason I am disgusted with EOTech products.  Don't forget or ignore that fact?

These sights were on all my self defense firearms.  This was important to me.  I am certainly glad I chose to periodically test them.

There are always people who will try to deny the facts and experiences of others simply because they have not experienced it themselves.  Sometimes, they have a vested interest in defending (or trashing) the product or company.  Sometimes, it is to test the veracity of a statement/person whom they do not personally know.  Sometimes, it's just personal.  It's impossible to know why with no additional info.  I have provided the info (written and photographic) on why I am unhappy with EOTech.

By the way, I bought them because people here of AR15.com, in this very forum, said they were great! and after all, "SOCOM uses them".  Well,... we all know how that turned out, don't we?

I have a TASCO red dot that's almost 30 years old and it still works.  I have an Aimpoint that sat right next to the EOTechs.  It still works just fine.  WTF happened with these EOTechs?

I think it is very healthy to have critical, fact-based information on this forum.  It is one form of defense against otherwise unhindered marketing BS.  To call this information "bullshit" is, well,... bullshit.
View Quote
To clarify- I wasnt doubting your experience with Eotech or even defending that company. I absolutely understand why you wouldnt want to use one. But merely pointing out his post wasnt bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I am 0 for 3 with my EOTech sights, so, yeah, "disposable $500 sights" is being kind.  All mine died sitting unused in a gun safe.

There are other optics with similarly good "circle-dot" reticles - Primary Arms ACSS comes to mind but there are others.

Shooting with two eyes open mostly negates any field of view (FOV) advantage of one sight over another.  In terms of FOV, I think the flip open lens caps are a bigger hindrance than window size.
View Quote
What models, dates of manufacture and type of battery were you using?
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  What models, dates of manufacture and type of battery were you using?[/b]

It's all been posted before, much of it earlier in this thread.  The failures were unrelated to the batteries.  Also, I did not store them with batteries in them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Holosun HS510 has an EOTech-ish reticle.

Link Posted: 1/29/2019 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Is it nitro purged?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holosun HS510 has an EOTech-ish reticle.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/194902/20190118_175916-825543.jpg
Is it nitro purged?
No, it's a reflex sight.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I actually just got a xps2 for a pretty good deal I always wanted one because of how cool they are to shoot but, when those problems happened a few years ago I was turned off. I thought it has been long enough for them to fix the issues and saw that they made it right in the buy back so I took a chance on trying one out (we'll see).  They offered half off a new one and even if they are over priced $350 for a new xps3 seems fair I guess.

I do know the best red dots are definitely Aimpoints with out a doubt. Battery life, durability, holding zero, and dependability. The hype is real and I have a H1 was thinking about getting a comp5 or t2 but, don't know how much better they can possibly be compared to my h1. Figured I would try a Eotech for something different and was willing to pay full price until I found a killer deal by chance. I'm going to try it out and if I find I don't like it or see failures then I will switch it out for a Aimpoint.

If I was OP I would trade it in $350 for a new xps3. I'm pretty sure that you will get your money worth on top of a new warranty and I see a lot of them being used again by some guys who put them through a lot of abuse.

Most AR guys waist a ton of money on trying new things out that sometimes are junk and get board of the things that work sooner or later anyways.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:3 out of 3 failed sitting in the safe - that the fundamental reason I am disgusted with EOTech products. Don't forget or ignore that fact?

These sights were on all my self defense firearms. This was important to me. I am certainly glad I chose to periodically test them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:3 out of 3 failed sitting in the safe - that the fundamental reason I am disgusted with EOTech products. Don't forget or ignore that fact?

These sights were on all my self defense firearms. This was important to me. I am certainly glad I chose to periodically test them.
AND THEN.....

Quoted:

It's all been posted before, much of it earlier in this thread.  The failures were unrelated to the batteries.  Also, I did not store them with batteries in them.
LOLZ .
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:29:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
AND THEN.....

LOLZ .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

AND THEN.....

Quoted:

LOLZ .
For those who might miss it.

Also, can't believe this silly thread is still alive. Kill it with fire already.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#46]
My last post was so long I forgot the point I was trying to make I'm going to give it a whirl and find out for myself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#47]
BTW my Sightmark Wolverine is still going strong. Close to 1,000 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I purchased an Eotech 552 brand new in 2009 , it sat in my humidity and temperature controlled safe with no use at all for the first few years, then one day when I got it out , it no longer worked correctly (very dim reticle)

I sent it in for RMA ( this was a few years after my initial purchase of the sight) and after that I received it back and it was "supposedly" fixed.

I then put it back in my safe for several more years.....

This morning I came across this thread for the first time so I decided to get open my safe and test my Eotech 552 to see if it was still holding up... and SURE Enough its broken again!!! The Reticle fades in the center and gets brighter near the edge (specifically the right side)

I made a RMA request early this morning and it was denied by Daniel.Lelko in customer service..  I have included the entire email exchanges I received from Daniel.Lelko below.  So far they are refusing to fix or replace the sight.

[email protected]

Hello ,

It is EOTech’s goal to ensure that all sights meet factory specifications after repair. Due to the age of your optic, repair is no longer possible or recommended. In an effort to provide value long after our warranty obligation, EOTech would like to extend to you an opportunity to trade in your optic for a 50% off coupon code to be used towards the purchase of a new EOTech HWS model of your choice at eotechgear.com

Thank You,

Dan Lelko

Consumer Support Specialist

I then replied:  

to Daniel.Lelko
Daniel,

I really appreciate the fast response, however the solution you provided me is very disappointing.

This optic is still in mint condition (not a single scratch) and like I said in the RMA request it has seen less than 25 rounds of use.
Ever since I purchased the optic it was stored inside a humidity controlled safe (along with other optics on other guns that didn't fail)

I didn't want to complain much, but just so you know I had this same issue a few years back and had make a RMA request for this same unit. It was sent back to me "supposedly" repaired, but here I am with the same problem.
This really makes me loose faith in Eotech products If  these sights cannot survive inside a humidity controlled safe how could they possibly hold up in the field?

According to your website the model 552 its still for sale, so if mine can't be repaired does that mean the design has changed and I own the "faulty designed" units?
If you can't offer me a repair or replacement of the same or better model I would like for you to forward my RMA request and this email to your manager for review.

Again, I feel very disappointed in this whole situation.
View Quote
Reply from Daniel @ Eotech
[email protected]

The technology has changed so much inside the EOTech sights over the years that the current parts are not compatible with the unit you have. That is the reason for the trade up option. It would be cheaper to trade up and get a current model than to rebuild your older EOTech sight.

I then replied:

to Daniel.Lelko
Daniel,
Thanks again for the speedy response.

I would not be interested in trading up for another Eotech after having this unit fail twice in a row from merely sitting in my safe.
I was hoping you could analyze the issue and see where I've had nothing but issues out of this sight since I purchased it, and considering its still mint condition and has basically seen no "real" use Eotech should do the honorable thing and allow me to send it in for a replacement of the obviously the defective product.  I just did some quick google searching and it appears I am not the only customer who has had this issue.

I guess it may be wishful thinking on my part, but I feel that's the fair thing to do...

If you cannot offer me anything else other than what you just mentioned then I will just sell the unit as used on the forums, leave a review of my experience with Eotech products and purchase another optic from a different more reliable company.

I really want to continue doing business but I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

Thank you,
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I purchased an Eotech 552 brand new in 2009 , it sat in my humidity and temperature controlled safe with no use at all for the first few years, then one day when I got it out , it no longer worked correctly (very dim reticle)

I sent it in for RMA ( this was a few years after my initial purchase of the sight) and after that I received it back and it was "supposedly" fixed.

I then put it back in my safe for several more years.....

This morning I came across this thread for the first time so I decided to get open my safe and test my Eotech 552 to see if it was still holding up... and SURE Enough its broken again!!! The Reticle fades in the center and gets brighter near the edge (specifically the right side)

I made a RMA request early this morning and it was denied by Daniel.Lelko in customer service..  I have included the entire email exchanges I received from Daniel.Lelko below.  So far they are refusing to fix or replace the sight.

[email protected]

Hello ,

It is EOTech’s goal to ensure that all sights meet factory specifications after repair. Due to the age of your optic, repair is no longer possible or recommended. In an effort to provide value long after our warranty obligation, EOTech would like to extend to you an opportunity to trade in your optic for a 50% off coupon code to be used towards the purchase of a new EOTech HWS model of your choice at eotechgear.com

Thank You,

Dan Lelko

Consumer Support Specialist

My reply:

Reply from Daniel @ Eotech
[email protected]

The technology has changed so much inside the EOTech sights over the years that the current parts are not compatible with the unit you have. That is the reason for the trade up option. It would be cheaper to trade up and get a current model than to rebuild your older EOTech sight.

My reply:
View Quote
Yep. EOTech sucks ass.
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#50]
I was disappointed the first time I had to send it back, but now that its broken again from merely sitting in my safe makes me want to throw it in the trash and never look at another eotech product again
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top