Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2017 2:01:23 PM EDT
Anyone use this scope? I was thinking of this for a 6.5 Grendel build with the tmr reticle. Other options in the price range are the mk4 3.5-14, vxr patrol 3-9, or the viper pst gen 2 2-10 (a bit more expensive). I'm a big leupold fan so am leaning that direction but the vortex has some nice qualities. I don't care too much about ffp vs sfp, but the vortex is nice being a 2-10 and having zero stop. For the leupold I was thinking the m1 turrets. The m2's are nice but only come with .308 calibrated turrets.

I wish I could go for a nightforce, but they have gotten crazy in price. I have a 3.5-15 nxs with zero stop I got for $1200 a couple years ago. It seems like anything nxs is crazy these days even the 2.5-10

My use would be for a scope for deer sized game up to 500 yards and paper/varmints to 1000
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve used and really like both the 2.5-8x36 and 3.5-10x40 FFP Mark 4 scopes. The ONLY thing I didn’t like about them was MIL reticle (TMR) with MOA turrets. glass and erector are the same as VX-3 scopes. I do miss having my 2.5-8x

Edit: I like the 4.5-14x Mark 4 but be warned: the eye relief shifts significantly as you adjust magnification. This isn’t so bad if you have an adjustable stock or leave it cranked up to 14x all the time.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve used and really like both the 2.5-8x36 and 3.5-10x40 FFP Mark 4 scopes. The ONLY thing I didn’t like about them was MIL reticle (TMR) with MOA turrets. glass and erector are the same as VX-3 scopes. I do miss having my 2.5-8x
View Quote
Ugh.  Mil/moa is always a killer with me
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ugh.  Mil/moa is always a killer with me
View Quote
Yeah I wish they had a mil reticle for the 2.5-8. I don't even think they offer a mil dot for it. It's a little more of a pain but it's only one conversion. My nf is a mil dot with a mil turrets which I love.

I've never heard of that problem with the eye relief shifting, it's one more thing to consider
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Love my Mark 4 TS30! I say do it!

Shameless picture of my MK12 MOD1/RECCE.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
The VX-Patrol is true mil/mil.  Motion-activated daylight capable TMR Firedot reticle and matching .1 mil per click turrets.  Good glass, light weight.  15.3 ounces.  While there is no zero stop,  you would have to shoot beyond 700-750 yards to rotate past zero.  I've not found the lack of zero stop to ever cause me to lose where I am.  If you are shooting beyond that distance and have time to dial, you have time to pay attention to having passed zero.  Lot of scope for under $600.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 2.5x8 mk4 with m1 turrets . to be honest I made me a drop chart for come ups when deer hunting and its really not that hard to dial in 3 moa at 200 yds , 5 moa at 250 yds and 7 moa at 300 yds   its mounted on a remington 700 300 blackout its also easy enough to dial up 14 moa to compensate for the difference in super sonic and sub sonic at 100 yds and us the reticle to hold 4.5 mils for 200 yd subs . with that being said I would consider the 3x9 patrol optic  for an alternate to the mk4 or you can look at burris or night force svh both run somewhere around 1000 give or take .
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top