Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 6:17:49 PM EDT
Good afternoon everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has happened to have had a look or experience with two new 1-6x scopes I came across (at least new reticles they offer); Meopta now has their Meostar R2 1-6x RD scope with a BDC reticle (BDC-2 and BDC-3), and Zeiss' Conquest V6 1-6x with a MOA reticle (ZMOA-4). If you have how do you think they hold up to all the other scopes out there now in 1-6x? They seem to come in at that somewhat competitive price range. At least illumination wise they seem to be very promising. Was wondering about clarity as well and of course durability. Really seems like this class is continuing to explode. Really wonder what will show up in Shot Show 2018.
Hope you all have an awesome weekend!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
In before someone tells you their PA is just as good or their Vortex is far superior because "operators" are using it.

Here are some info on both:

Zeiss 1-6x24

Meopta

I have some hands-on with both.

Both uses German Schott glass, 2nd FFP reticle with daylight bright illumination. I would say optically both are top tier.

The Meopta has been around for four years. It feels slightly smaller and lighter. I like the low profile capped turret and the off positions in between each illumination level. However, the price went up to now $1800 with the BDC version.

The Zeiss is new. It's advantage are: made in Germany, it has better eyebox, fiber optic illumination (tiny sub-MOA dot and no internal light reflection), step-less illumination control, it's good $400 cheaper than the Meopta. However, it's new and the availability could be an issue and I am not a friend of the tall external turret on the US Z-MOA model.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Those look excellent. I only have experience with the Meopta 1-4x KDot and early on, it was the best 1-4x choice for 3-gun shooters due to its clear glass, usable BDC and daylight bright illumination.  I was initially disappointed when they came out with their 1-6x a couple of years ago without a BDC so it's great to see that they've corrected the problem.  The price point should be around $1400 though.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Also a 1-4 Meopta owner. If history holds true they will be fine scopes but heavy and expensive for what they are. I'd take a Leupold VX5HD or VX6HD with firedot duplex for WAY less weight and money with a BDC turret I can match to my gun and ammo choice.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the input guys. Yeah I was expecting them to be top notch. Have heard a lot of good things about them, especially the Meopta 1-4x ZD with the K-556 reticle being kind of a sleeper in the Euro glass world. I would hands down buy a Meopta 1-6x ZD RD with K-556 illuminated reticle, capped turrets. Search would be over for me personally lol.
Was wondering how they would be durability wise for a rifle to be used in classes, maybe 3-gun if I can get into it (gotta love living in NY), and the proverbial "fighting" rifle that will survive our fantasies haha.
DevL, From what I understand you can get custom ballistic turrets for the ZEISS, possibly the Meopta as well. I will double check.
I am also curious about the illumination. I get they are certainly daylight bright, and I assume the Meopta would be great as it's 2 MOA but was wondering about the usability of it in the ZEISS for quick work as the dot is so small, smaller than the Razor which I here 50/50 things about (certainly super bright, but can be hard to utilize at times?). Supposedly the ZEISS illumination is top notch fiber optic/LED. I assume (haven't handled either yet) that on the likes of the ZEISS and the Razor, can get bright enough to where it blooms therefore looking larger and much faster to use?
I just got an email from Meopta asking if I would like to visit. I only live like 35 mins from them on Long Island. Hopefully I can swing by next week.
These two options just seemed great and was surprised a lot more people haven't looked into them. Amazing optics and glass, red-dot like usability, at reasonable prices. Been able to find the Meopta for like $1500ish and the ZEISS for around the same. Seems like a great deal without having to go balls out for a Kahles or Swaro (they're awesome of course, but helps for us poor people to save $5-600 lol).
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
If incredibly clear glass is your thing, then the Zeiss will not disappoint. I like the ZBR reticle. The ZMOA is nice too I just don’t think it really fits a 1-6x. It won’t be as fast and are you really going to be dialing DOPE at over 600 yards with this rifle / scope?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those look excellent. I only have experience with the Meopta 1-4x KDot and early on, it was the best 1-4x choice for 3-gun shooters due to its clear glass, usable BDC and daylight bright illumination.  I was initially disappointed when they came out with their 1-6x a couple of years ago without a BDC so it's great to see that they've corrected the problem.  The price point should be around $1400 though.
View Quote
Thank you. I know you have heard it a plethora of times, but I just wanted to chime in and say your videos are awesome and we all wish you were still able to do them.  I hope all has been going well for you. Pretty cool after watching them so many times to have your input personally.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you. I know you have heard it a plethora of times, but I just wanted to chime in and say your videos are awesome and we all wish you were still able to do them.  I hope all has been going well for you. Pretty cool after watching them so many times to have your input personally.
View Quote
Appreciate ya, man. Good luck on your optics search!
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If incredibly clear glass is your thing, then the Zeiss will not disappoint. I like the ZBR reticle. The ZMOA is nice too I just don’t think it really fits a 1-6x. It won’t be as fast and are you really going to be dialing DOPE at over 600 yards with this rifle / scope?
View Quote
Im looking for something that'll be good to 600, not much farther save for once in a blue moon that I haven't experienced yet haha. What I thought was good for having the ZMOA reticle is being able to use the subtensions based on my round. I do not believe the ZBR is available in the 1-6x, just the Reticle 60 and ZMOA-4.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 4:03:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also a 1-4 Meopta owner. If history holds true they will be fine scopes but heavy and expensive for what they are. I'd take a Leupold VX5HD or VX6HD with firedot duplex for WAY less weight and money with a BDC turret I can match to my gun and ammo choice.
View Quote
Zeiss Turret

Meopta Turret

Not perfect (Meopta is tall), but certainly doable/usable depending on use and application.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Kenton Industries makes aftermarket turrets for Meopta (as well as Zeiss). They also makes the OEM turret on the MeoPro line for Meopta.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kenton Industries makes aftermarket turrets for Meopta (as well as Zeiss). They also makes the OEM turret on the MeoPro line for Meopta.
View Quote
Meopta is Cz Rep and has optics operations in NY state
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Meopta is Cz Rep and has optics operations in NY state
View Quote
Yeah, I live like 30 mins from their NY facility and was asked if I wanted to swing by and she'd whip out a couple scopes to check out. Pretty cool. Was also thinking would be neat to try one out as I am part Czech and live on Long Island so, represent lol.
Hoping to next week. Didn't get to this past weekend (weekend for me is Tue/Wed).
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Once you go down the rabbit hole of german glass, it's hard to go back. These new offerings look sweet.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

And, the Zeiss Conquest no longer has German glass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
The V6 does not? I was told by Zeiss that the V6 does. I own both scopes and they both have great glass.

"Zeiss Conquest V6 Features

Flouride (FL) lenses and Schott HT glass provide 92% light transmission and unmatched resolution
True 6X SuperZoom"
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The V6 does not? I was told by Zeiss that the V6 does. I own both scopes and they both have great glass.

"Zeiss Conquest V6 Features

Flouride (FL) lenses and Schott HT glass provide 92% light transmission and unmatched resolution
True 6X SuperZoom"
View Quote
The V6 does appear to have Schott glass.  Most of the lower Conquest line is no longer German glass.  Sorry for the confusion.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top