Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 9:38:31 PM EDT
I have an extra Vortex Razor Red Dot I'd like to run on one of my AR15s to keep it as light as possible.  It already has a low picatinny mounting system but I would like to try it about 1/2 higher (not sure how much higher, just "higher").  The only higher mount I found for it was the one made for it by American Defense but it's a QD mount and I don't have any need for a QD on this particular gun, it will be mounted and never taken off unless it's broken.

I've searched for non QD picatinny risers that are around 1/2" high and 2" long but just can't find anything.  

Does anyone run a Vortex Razor Red Dot on their AR15 and if so, how do you have it mounted?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on my HB.   Love it!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]

I use a UTG riser.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Is your mount the low, medium or high?  It's a 4 rail length?  Looks like that's what I may need but  can't decide on the height.  I don't have iron sights on my AR since it's just a range rifle but if I ever did put any on I'd like the red dot to be 1/3rd cowitness.....that's why I don't know why height riser I need.  Hopefully you can let me know what height you have and if it's 1/3 or absolute cowitness........thanks so much.

Nice rifle, love the Diamondhead handguard!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
That is the medium riser and I cannot see iron sights at all while using it.  It is the three rail
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is the medium riser and I cannot see iron sights at all while using it.  It is the three rail
View Quote
Thanks for the info.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top