Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2017 7:09:25 PM EDT
Hi Team,

Just picked up a brandy new MRO for a new build. It's WAY brighter than my old MRO. Figured it was a battery thing, but I've swapped them all around and same deal.

My old MRO serial number is in the 7k range while the new one is 83k. Anyone know if Trijicon made an update to the MRO from the early models to the current ones? The new brightness is great, I can see the dot at level 3 no problem. On the old, I had to turn it up to 4 or 5 when indoors and always at 6 when outdoors.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Let Trijicon know.
I picked up a used one here on the EE.
It was dimmer than my other MRO's significantly.
I emailed with ser# and they told me to send it in as it was under warranty.
I assume they could not fix it as they sent me a new one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Great to know, I'll send them a note now.

Since the MRO has only been around since 2015, I'd assume all units are under warranty.

Crazy to think I've been living with (and very much enjoying) an optic that wasn't functioning properly. Speaks volumes as to how good the MRO really is.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
As the post below yours says:
"They said as of serial number units 90,200 and higher that every MRO after that will no longer be up to 1.05x magnification but will all be TRUE 1.0 magnification from now on."
--
So I can see how they might have made it a bit brighter with the new upgrades as well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"They said as of serial number units 90,200 and higher that every MRO after that will no longer be up to 1.05x magnification but will all be TRUE 1.0 magnification from now on."
--
So I can see how they might have made it a bit brighter with the new upgrades as well.
View Quote
Sounds like a recall is in order, but I am not holding my breath.   I have two MROs, and I am generally dissapointed, compared to my Aimpoint Micro T1.  Biggest issue for me is some odd reflections and ghosting inside the scope during daylight.  At dusk, it is fine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Love the MRO.  1.05x only noticeable when not shooting
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
--
View Quote
Anyone know if this is confirmed?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Anyone know if this is confirmed?
View Quote
Been wondering the same. I've heard someone compare the Patrol model to an early release MRO and they claimed they noticed a slight difference in magnification and tint.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds like a recall is in order, but I am not holding my breath.   I have two MROs, and I am generally dissapointed, compared to my Aimpoint Micro T1.  Biggest issue for me is some odd reflections and ghosting inside the scope during daylight.  At dusk, it is fine.
View Quote
Are you referring to the reflection (red) when the sun is behind you? I couldn't effing stand that. Glad I got rid of my warranty replacement MRO and went with a T1.

I don't like running my dots crazy bright, just bright enough that I can quickly pick it up, but the red ghosting I would get made it tough to find the dot and made taking shots quickly near impossible, as I found myself trying to decipher the dot versus red reflection.

This reflection in the tube with the light coming from behind me and the fact that it randomly died on me one day killed it for me. Couldn't be happier with the T1. I've got a thread somewhere around here with about three or four others who's MRO's quit at random on them. Aside from the two issues I mentioned, I really did love everything else about it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top