Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent mine in right before the deadline.  I called last week and was told it will be September before I will see my check.
View Quote
I would say that correlates with what they told me.  Knowing how this usually works, they will probably hold onto the money as long as they are permitted before sending out checks.  I would do the same in their shoes since every day that is delayed is more interest earned in some bank account for them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I returned mine last year sometime...got a check about 4 or 5 months laster.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
any updates?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 12:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I called them today twice, for a customer service related question, and no one  in any of their departments answered the phone.

Too bad I wasn't aware of the class action until after the fact.

After all of the business they lost and all the money they have to pay back; they are probably shut down.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I called them today twice, for a customer service related question, and no one  in any of their departments answered the phone.

After all of the business they lost and all the money they have to pay back; they are probably shut down.
View Quote
Holographic sights are a tiny sliver of their business.  They aren't going away any time soon.  Perhaps it has something to do with the holiday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is the second time you have repeated this. Why dont you stop posting & take some time to read & familiarize yourself w/ the subject. Your not off to a good start here...
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is the second time you have repeated this. Why dont you stop posting & take some time to read & familiarize yourself w/ the subject. Your not off to a good start here...
View Quote
Ya he is too late to the party.  I sent an optic in right before the deadline, so still waiting for my settlement check.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Relax! I meant no harm.

I hope it isn't the case ( for several reasons)  but Its not unreasonable to assume that they are having financial difficulty right now. How could they not with  several government agencies, police departments across the country and tons of individuals, applying for refunds? ( And the bad publicity?)

Go look on eBay and auction sites and see how many guys are selling their EOTechs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ya he is too late to the party.  I sent an optic in right before the deadline, so still waiting for my settlement check.
View Quote
You'll get your refunds I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Just received this reply to my update request.
"The distribution process is scheduled to begin in the middle of September."

Previous response was that checks would start going out on the 7th of August...
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Go look on eBay and auction sites and see how many guys are selling their EOTechs.
View Quote
Stop waisting your time looking on ebay & research this sight. It has all the answers to your questions. This way you can stop posting the same BS & figure out what you need to do for yourself. You talk of mounting your Eotech on the handguard to make room for magnifiers & NV, yet complain about the cost of a mount. Come on, get your shit straight. Hows that for relaxed...
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope it isn't the case ( for several reasons)  but Its not unreasonable to assume that they are having financial difficulty right now. How could they not with  several government agencies, police departments across the country and tons of individuals, applying for refunds? ( And the bad publicity?)
View Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L3_Technologies

They're doing alright.

Individual weapons sights are the least-expensive product they sell. L3 is basically a real-life Umbrella Corporation. This would be like if some giant paper & lumber conglomerate got caught lying about the toothpicks they manufacture, and offered a refund on any toothpicks manufactured during a certain timeframe. Their toothpicks are still being sold the whole time, and they could care less if anyone bought any. Sure they make a profit on them, but the majority of their profits are from other product lines.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Stop waisting your time looking on ebay & research this sight. It has all the answers to your questions. This way you can stop posting the same BS & figure out what you need to do for yourself. You talk of mounting your Eotech on the handguard to make room for magnifiers & NV, yet complain about the cost of a mount. Come on, get your shit straight
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stop waisting your time looking on ebay & research this sight. It has all the answers to your questions. This way you can stop posting the same BS & figure out what you need to do for yourself. You talk of mounting your Eotech on the handguard to make room for magnifiers & NV, yet complain about the cost of a mount. Come on, get your shit straight
Whos complaining about the cost of the mount?
I just can't see, at this time, buying a mount for an optic that I'm 50/50 for selling.  And I had a lot of recent expenses; so disposable income is tight right now. When I had more disposable income ( when I bought alot of my stuff) I bought what was considered the best stuff.  I own several LaRue mounts. Their stuff is second to none and they stand behind their stuff. I had a very minor mishap with a scope mount and they took excellent care of me. All I had to do was pay for shipping to them. No questions asked.
Quoted:

. Hows that for relaxed...
Much better!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L3_Technologies

They're doing alright.

Individual weapons sights are the least-expensive product they sell. L3 is basically a real-life Umbrella Corporation. This would be like if some giant paper & lumber conglomerate got caught lying about the toothpicks they manufacture, and offered a refund on any toothpicks manufactured during a certain timeframe. Their toothpicks are still being sold the whole time, and they could care less if anyone bought any. Sure they make a profit on them, but the majority of their profits are from other product lines.
View Quote
That's good. I don't want them to fail.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Sent mine in and got paid. It was a while ago too. 
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sent mine in and got paid. It was a while ago too. 
View Quote
Where did you send yours? To EoTech or the class action?
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I called them on Tuesday for service; no answer. Called again on Wednesday and left a message. Called them again yesterday and left a second message.

Either they are bombarded with calls and choose not to answer or something else is going on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 4:56:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I called them on Tuesday for service; no answer. Called again on Wednesday and left a message. Called them again yesterday and left a second message.

Either they are bombarded with calls and choose not to answer or something else is going on.
View Quote
Who, exactly, are you calling? What phone number?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Their main phone number. No return call yet. It's been a week
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I emailed them and got a response within a few days.  Below is the cut/paste:

The distribution process is scheduled to begin in the middle of September. This process can take up to a week, but class members can expect to receive their settlement benefit shortly thereafter.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Their main phone number. No return call yet. It's been a week
View Quote
Whose main number?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Did anyone get confirmation on the eotech they sent to Foster?  I got nothing and may of lost my shipping receipt.  I have the claim number and asked about it via their online form but never heard back.  I should have sent it back earlier or just kept the damn thing.

I am sure L3 lost their ass on the EoTech acquisition, but L3 itself is a giant defense contractor.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whose main number?
View Quote
L3 EOTech

A chick is on the recording. I hit one and three for the service department.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#24]
L3 has nothing to do with the settlement. They won't be able to tell you anything. If you aren't working with Foster et al. you don't have anything going.

L3/EoTech being involved in refunds is long since passed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:04:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I called them for service. Nothing to do with the recall.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I called them for service. Nothing to do with the recall.
View Quote
Try here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Good news for me! A guy ansered the phone today and he's sending me the battery spring fixes for both my Eotechs; free of charge.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#28]
I just got off the phone with a gentlemen from Foster Settlement.  He said that they will be cutting checks anytime between today and next Friday.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#29]
The www.fostersettlement.com website is now updated with this information:

The class action litigation has been resolved and the case concluded by the court.  Class member claims were required to have been filed by May 23, 2017.  Payments are being processed and will begin to be mailed on or about September 13, 2017.  For any class member who filed a claim on time, but failed to return the sight, please be advised that as of September 15, 2017, the claims administrator will not accept any sights returned by class members who previously had filed timely claims.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The class action litigation has been resolved and the case concluded by the court.  Class member claims were required to have been filed by May 23, 2017.  Payments are being processed and will begin to be mailed on or about September 13, 2017.  For any class member who filed a claim on time, but failed to return the sight, please be advised that as of September 15, 2017, the claims administrator will not accept any sights returned by class members who previously had filed timely claims.
View Quote
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got my check today back from Foster for my 552 I sent in on April 29th
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#32]
I received a letter today about the class action. It gave me a discount code to enter for $25 my next Eotech.

This is separate from the refund I got for my Eotech 512 a year or two ago.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I received my check from Foster yesterday, 9/18.  I sent in a 512 dated October 2007 and received $434.  I am assuming it's $419 for the sight and $15 shipping.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I have posted in other threads, but if anyone is not going to use their voucher, I ask you send the code to me. I am trying to pull together enough codes to get a sight directly from EOTech to perform a full review for ARFCom. I will supply bullets, the gun, range time, camera a cooler with ice (or dry ice) and a portable heater to put a sight through the ringer.

Please consider it. I know there are at least a few who say they are going to throw the code right in the trash, but please let me use it for the benefit of the members here. I have 3 codes, including my own, and would like to get enough to at least procure a 512 from them for testing.

Thank you
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Totally forgot about this and totally forgot to ship them my EOtechs. Oh well. Don't give a shit either way. Maybe I will still receive a check regardless. lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my check today as well.  How long before refurb'd EOTechs flood the market?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Received my check today    sent my Eotech in May
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got my check today too. Sent mine in back in May as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my check today in the mail also.

ETA: Sent everything in May 23rd IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I got my 2 checks for$454.00 today.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#41]
My check was received On 9/19/17.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#42]
I sent 3 in but only got a check for 2 on 9/18 :(
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I received my check on 9/19
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#44]
woohoo!  Got my check last night!  (sent in the EO right before the deadline.)
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got mine for the full amount of my original Eo!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I received my Foster settlement check today for $554.

There appears to be confusion on this thread.  The class action case by Foster is what is discussed, not L3.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Checks arrived earlier this week, four (4) discount codes arrived today @ $22.50 each. The problem is they are only good at www.eotechgear.com at grossly inflated prices. I purchased a new EOTech XPS3-0 today elsewhere because it was $150 cheaper than using my discount vouchers.

I guess I'll use the vouchers for EOTech swag.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Received my two settlement checks today - but one is for the wrong amount .

Has anyone returned a holosight that was sold with a magnifier?

I may have screwed up by returning the magnifier with the sight (they came as a package with nice foam cut outs for both in the box - figured I would need to return them together)  I returned what I thought was a MPO III , but only received funds for the EXPS 2-0 and not the G23 magnifier.

Probably my screw up by trying to do the right thing and return everything that came together in the original box.

I've contacted the Claims group in hopes of full compensation - no reason to have the magnifier if I don't have the sight, or at least return the magnifier to me.

Just wanted to know if anyone else did something similar.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my 2 checks and 2 vouchers today.  Sucks that the vouchers only work on the EoTech site though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Today (9/22), I got a letter with a $22.50 voucher number.  No refund.  This is an insult.  No mention of anything else, so it's probably safe to say I got screwed royally on the deal.

Update:  (10/07) I actually got a check today for $414.  I must say I am surprised after the initial letter/voucher and no mention that there would be anything else.  I'm satisfied enough.  I hope they get (or have gotten) their gear squared away.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top