Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 3:13:04 PM EDT
I'm sure this has been covered. Can anyone point me to a really good article/how-to on sighting in? This will be my first time sighting in a gun, so I want to make sure I do it right without having to use 200 rounds.

I was planning on not using more than 60, so I want to make sure I have a good idea on how to do it.

I have both a PA m3 aimpoint clone and iron sights (obviously).
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
it really shouldn't even take you 9 rounds to zero. if you have to fire more then 9 rounds to zero, you really, really suck at shooting and should just stick to a BB gun

everything you need to know on the care and maint. to include zeroing of the AR can be found in TM 9-1005-319-10.

http://larcpistolandrifleclub.com/pdfs/army_tm_9_1005_319_10.pdf
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Try this article on sighting in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Also you might want to try finding an appleseed shoot near you.  It is an inexpensive way to learn to shoot well.  At the end you should be able to qualify as a rifleman.  Appleseed schedule.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]

THIS

and

THIS

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top