Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 4:23:28 PM EDT
Just bought a Aimpoint M4s with the QRP2 mount and it doesn't look like I have enough room on my receiver for my arms 40L, my M4s and a magnifier (I plan on using a TM14 mount from TNVC for the magnifier).

Option 1: Get the Aimpoint cantilever spacer from Aimpoint to move the optic forward enough to fit the magnifier.

Option 2: Sell the QRP2 and use the money for a Larue LT659 standard.

Is one setup better then the other or it just a wash.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just bought a Aimpoint M4s with the QRP2 mount and it doesn't look like I have enough room on my receiver for my arms 40L, my M4s and a magnifier (I plan on using a TM14 mount from TNVC for the magnifier).

Option 1: Get the Aimpoint cantilever spacer from Aimpoint to move the optic forward enough to fit the magnifier.

Try the Aimpoint cantilever spacer.  When I ran that setup it allowd me to get a NTCH cheekweld wih the 3X.  
Couldn't do that with the LaRue mount for the M4S, it didn't space the Aimpoint far enough forward.
On my MRP CQB 10.5" it isn't a problem with the continous top rail, so I run the LaRue mount on that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a Bobro.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the first I've seen with the M4s using the cantilever spacer, looks good.

The cantilever spacer is the easier route and it's looks to be a good choice for adding a magnifier now and down the road a PV-14 utilizing the TM14 interchange mount.

Thanks for posting the pic,
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try the Aimpoint cantilever spacer.  When I ran that setup it allowd me to get a NTCH cheekweld wih the 3X.  
Couldn't do that with the LaRue mount for the M4S, it didn't space the Aimpoint far enough forward.
On my MRP CQB 10.5" it isn't a problem with the continous top rail, so I run the LaRue mount on that.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/AR/_A216502.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/AR/_A156454.jpg

You are on fire tonight my friend.....I might purposefully start to hack your pic sharing acct. and delete your pics so that I can sit back and watch the fireworks unfold  Interesting Foliage green furniture....not sure if Ive seen anything like that before, its def. unique to the obsequious OD, and FDE that is common among AR builders these days.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Grab a LaRue mount and never look back.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top