Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2010 6:05:48 PM EDT
Can the guys that run these optics please give me an info dumo on the Trijicon Reflex 1x42 model.  I am very interested in running one of these optics.  Thanks much in advance for the info.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Best currently available KISS optic, IMHO. Very fast to use thx to the huge 42mm objective, less reticle washout due to improved fiber optics & brighter tritium. However, lens still has a significant tint, the 6.5moa dot isn't suited for precision shooting and reticle intensity isn't user-adjustable (dot really blazes in bright sunlight but is very dim or can disappear altogether when using a taclight at close range or aiming from a dark room out into bright sunlight).
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Best currently available KISS optic, IMHO. Very fast to use thx to the huge 42mm objective, less reticle washout due to improved fiber optics & brighter tritium. However, lens still has a significant tint, the 6.5moa dot isn't suited for precision shooting and reticle intensity isn't user-adjustable (dot really blazes in bright sunlight but is very dim or can disappear altogether when using a taclight at close range or aiming from a dark room out into bright sunlight).
Tomac

That's pretty accurate, but I wouldn't beat it up quite so bad indoors. The old reflex was pretty bad inside buildings, the new one is useable.

Mine is on a subgun, I wanted the wide field of view and large dot (it was all the offered at the time) because I thought it would be fitting on a 150 yard gun. I actually picked up two, the other one going to a friend who wanted a SHTF optic for his AR. He was worried about the large dot size, but it hasn't stopped him from placing third in the local tac rfile matches. He says it has been the best thing I have ever recommended to him-even though it had to go back to Trijicon twice for a manufacturing defect (the parts aren't made in house apparently and it took until the second trip back to figure out there was a fixturing problem when the base plate was machined at their supplier). He loves being able to just pick up the rifle at any time and shoulder it without having to turn anything on.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys thats some good info, keep it coming as well.  As far as the blazing dot syndrome...its common to trijicons.  What I did with the ACOG's was run a small strip of 100mph tape over the fiber optics on the top and you can "dial down" the brightness, just food for thought.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The only problem I have with them is that Larue doesn't offer a mount for them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody know where I can get a good deal on one?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Optics planet, swfa, swfa's sample list open box / demo store, natchez, maybe primary arms....  the smaqller ones go cheap these days, but the 42mm isn't reaaly expensive.  

I'm not sure why these are not more popular.   These things are FAST.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Optics planet, swfa, swfa's sample list open box / demo store, natchez, maybe primary arms....  the smaqller ones go cheap these days, but the 42mm isn't reaaly expensive.  

I'm not sure why these are not more popular.   These things are FAST.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm thinking that it's down to market penetration and number of stocking dealers. Most cities have a shop that sells Aimpoint products, not many are stocking Trijicon dealers. It's hard to walk into a gun shop and plunk down $500++ on a sight or scope on the hope it is good and will fit your needs. The problem for dealers is that most people buying Trijicon have been forced to deal with the internet and can take the same risk on their own and cut out the FFL dealer's profit.

I personally didn't buy my first Trijicon product until I had seen it in person. After that I trust them to make good shit.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top