Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 8:27:25 PM EDT
I have a time trying to understand the knob on the left rises and lowers the dot ,and the knob on the right turns it Left or Right? Can some one give me some advice on it and what distance to most people sight-in their Aimpoint ML3 , it is on a new all 16''LMT M4. Shoud I go 50 yards or 25 meters=27.33yards
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
50 yards.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have a time trying to understand the knob on the left rises and lowers the dot ,and the knob on the right turns it Left or Right?

Depends on how you aligned your Aimpoint in the mount.  It can go either way.

Can some one give me some advice on it and what distance to most people sight-in their Aimpoint ML3 , it is on a new all 16''LMT M4. Shoud I go 50 yards or 25 meters=27.33yards

For sure you should be zeroing at 50y.  It's minute of beer-can from muzzle out to 225y.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Please tell me at what distant do most people sight in the BUIS? Do I sight -in at 50 yards ?Or should I go 25 yards?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Please tell me at what distant do most people sight in the BUIS?

50 yards
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, Forest.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an emailable SOPMOD target for the Aimpoint that has a circle for POI about an inch below the POA, so you can still achieve a 50m zero while sighting in at 25m, just print it on standard printer paper. If you want to try one just shoot me an email [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an emailable SOPMOD target for the Aimpoint that has a circle for POI about an inch below the POA, so you can still achieve a 50m zero while sighting in at 25m, just print it on standard printer paper. If you want to try one just shoot me an email [email protected]

Or you can send it to me, and I'll post it so its a downloadable item.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Rick,
I'd be interested in seeing that target, I developed similar targets and I'd like to see how they compare.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Lancelot, Forest

If you want to IM your email address to me I will get you both one on the way.

Rick
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:08:19 AM EDT
[#10]
The Maryland AR15 shooter's group has some of the best targets for zeroing available.  They are an MSN group that you can sign up for and then download...  Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a time trying to understand the knob on the left rises and lowers the dot ,and the knob on the right turns it Left or Right?

Depends on how you aligned your Aimpoint in the mount.  It can go either way.

Can some one give me some advice on it and what distance to most people sight-in their Aimpoint ML3 , it is on a new all 16''LMT M4. Shoud I go 50 yards or 25 meters=27.33yards

For sure you should be zeroing at 50y.  It's minute of beer-can from muzzle out to 225y.

+1  

I HEAR THAT!!!

thanks to FOREST and Chuck for telling me all about it!

My range is 200 yards and at the BERM I think is 20 or so more yards!  220 easy

with the 50 yard zero I can hit TIN CANS easy

BTW I find it easy to shoots the soup cans since they reflect the light better than beer cans
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep. But not as fun in making the target.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top