AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet rigs!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:51:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll jump in here and say that Neil definitely got onto paper damn quick with his AR10. And with the moons aligned, wind in his favor, gravity in cosmic consistency, got onto paper almost quicker at 300.

Once he pulls the 18lb trigger out of that AR10, we all can expect the groups to decrease even more.

I for one, had a harder time with my optical setup. This was my first extended session with my SPR build. And my first, real long dabble into precision shooting, and it was humbling to say the least. I was switching between weight of bullets, from 73 to 77 in BH blue box, that is what I had left and could bring with me on the plane ride. I shot mostly the 77 BH and Federal. Upon Neil's suggestions, the federal did shoot better than the BHs.

I would shoot two shots touching each other in the 10ring, then have a flier up top, which to me, indicates breathing. Which is something that can be practiced..

After yesterday, I think the barrel is approached the 400round mark, so its breaking the plane of being broke in, and I dont want to pre-judge anything until I really feel comfrotable behind the rifle and can assess the accuracy after everything has been properly run though.

Damn that jpoint though, after 40 rounds of AE 55grain, we finally got it to an acceptable zero.

When you say to yourself, "thats good enough for me, im going to leave it alone" - dont. Dont say that, because it is not. When you invest in a $200 red-dot, do it right and make sure it is sighted in no matter how DAMN frustrating it can be.

Great day at the range..good shooting was had by all..
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet pictures. Those are some fine rifles you guys have there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top