Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:35:27 PM EDT
Just bought an Aimpoint ML2 with 3X Mag. This is mounted onto my Wilson Tactical .223 and looking through this setup the Red Dot appears doubled. By this I mean the recticle seems to be doubled up with 2 dots slighty overlaid. My Dealer says it's because I wear variable perscription lenses (bi-focals). Had a buddy at the range and let him shoot my setup and he also says the red dot has a "ghost" around it. I've attached to the front of the sight a "anti Flash" fliter could this be effecting the appearence of the dot? Thanks in advance for your help guys, I'm newbie to AR-15's and optics.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/18/2006 7:55:22 PM EDT by FrankSymptoms]
oops...see below... this msg. to be deleted...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:54:52 PM EDT
Your Red Dot is possessed. Perform a ritual exorcism and it will be OK..

THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD COMPELS YOU! THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD COMPELS YOU!

Seriously though... the 'doubling' is something I have come to grips with. In addition to correction for weak eyes, I have a 'prism' added to my prescription to correct for crossed eyes. the prism causes doubling whenever high-contrast colors are present. For example, the green light of a traffic signal against the dark background of the holder... the green light appears to wander from side to side on the holder... happens when I turn my head slightly and the prism causes the green light to move. The ghost may be a byproduct of two or more lenses that need cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:15:44 PM EDT
I miss the days when glasses were for other people.
Top Top