Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:32:09 PM EDT
Anyone using this combo out there?  I had  YHM riser which broke, and was wondering if the GG&G riser would make the EOTech too high (it's 1/8" higher).  Anyone who has used it successfully (or not), let me know.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Too high to be able to use you BUIS? I would think so. Have you looked at the laRue Eotech mount? How did your YHM riser break?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, too high for good cowitness with my MAD BUIS is what I mean.  Oh, the little lugs in the front that the two screws screw down into both broke when I was trying to tighten it a littel more (because it kept moving around - bad).  I e-mailed YHM, and never heard back from them - guess they didn't care about the problem.  It was cheap, so I consider it minimal loss.  I have looked at the Larue, but think for $120 plus shipping, I can get a used Eotech and mount in on the flat top of another rifle.  I'm OK with mounting it direct, but wish someone made a GOOD riser that wasn't stupid expensive.  We use the scout rails for our aimpoints, so I was looking at those.  Just thought I'd ask before I took off everything and switched it all around.  It looks way too high to me, so I will prolly just leave it alone.  It forces me to kkep my head a little further down on the gun, which I should prolly do anyhoo.

Thanks for the response, though.  You're the only one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top