Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:25:31 PM EDT
Do the 4X M2 scopes work well if the ugly ruskie rubber eyepiece is removed?

Anyone have a pic of the eyepiece end of one w/out the rubber??

I'm back and forth on getting one of these, and other than the ruskie rubber tube, I may be thinking of more magnification for past eotech ranges.......
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:27:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They work fine with the eyepiece removed.  I started out with mine off, but on a whim I put it  on again and found that I really like using it.  It helps me focus and helps me get right to perfect eye relief every time.  I use mine in combat ops so that is important.

I'll try to take some pics for you if you'd like but I have to find my camera.

I can answer any questions you have about M2 performance.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Phoebus-which reticle do you use and what mounting?  Is the M2 finicky about the eye relief??  I shoot NCH mostly so I can usuall mount forward enough to have the eye relief the same off my cheekweld.  
What mounting are you using and do you have BUIS on the rifle the M2 is on??
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the CQB reticle, and it works great for both close in and father out.  I can range targets with it and then dial in the BDC cam very quickly.  I have engaged human targets as close as room distance and out to about 275m with this scope and it has performed very well.  I use it on my designated marksman rifle (specially set up M16A4).  I have it on quick-detachable IOR high rings and I have the Army issue MaTech BUIS on there as well.  As far as eye relief, I have heard of people not liking it (not sure why, do a search), but I shoot NTCH like you and I have never had any problems.  I love all three of my IOR scopes, and I like them better than my issued ACOG.  Also, the M2 may be the most rugged scope I've ever used.  

Here are some pics.  The scope is out of its mount because we are finally packing up to get the hell outta here, so it's about to be put into my foot locker for shipping  Feel free to ask anything else you want to know.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the super M2... 6x.  if the regular M2 is like it, do not put it on a bolt rifle.  Eye clearance is very close and is a forehead knocker on a 308 bolt rifle.  I have the Dragonov reticle, and like it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the NATO (M9 I think) reticle, mounted the scope in ARMS #22H rings, took off the rubber doohickey on the back and put on Butler creek #2 and #2A flip ups...can't remember which one goes where, but those are the numbers you need...love the scope
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top