Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:23:49 PM EDT
i would like to know your experiences re: trijicon customer service. this is due to my problems with my TA01 ACOG, im experiencing problems like;not returning to zero.

have you also encountered like this? what did you do? did trijicon repaired/replaced it?

please help. thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:52:59 AM EDT
I had a canted reticle once. Called the office, everybody friendly & helpful. Took a couple weeks including mail time. Opened box & looked @ work order, they went through the whole thing. Complete workover. Cost, $0.00. I was happy w/ them. -Justin
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:59:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:30:21 PM EDT
i purchased the flat top adapter so that i can use my TAO1.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:44:14 AM EDT
returning zero when the optic is removed from the rifle has more to do with the installer and the mount and barely anything to do with the optic.

is the acog secure on the mount? are you installing in the exact same spot? are you torqueing the mount to the same amount each time?

sounds like you have the ta51 mount from trijicon which doesnt return zero nor guaranteed to, get a better mount if you want return zero.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:38:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:53:17 AM EDT
Not to hijack, but how well do these things hold zero on an A2 receiver, mounted on the carry handle...

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:31:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:03:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chris157c:
Not to hijack, but how well do these things hold zero on an A2 receiver, mounted on the carry handle...

Thanks

I've had a TA01 for about 6 years. On the A2 if you don't dick with it it is great. When you remove it, it is not easy to repeat the exact same position every time, and the screw does not have a repeatable torque feature. It was not meant to be removed and replaced without confirming your BZO.
I've also got a TA51 mount that I use on a flattop ACOG. Again, it is not meant to be removed and replaced with the assumption that the BZO is repeatable with that mechanism.
To expect a repeatable BZO out of either mechanism is asking something that the mount was not intended or designed to do. Might as well ask why your Buick doesn't float.
If that is what you're doing, that's not Trijicon's problem.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT by paltik]
...what i am trying to explain is that my ACOG is a pain in the ass to ZERO considering im not removing it from the rifle. at one point i already managed to shoot it dead center...then after a while i would need to adjeust it again because it is shooting away from dead center... considering my shooting skills in not that bad
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:48:05 PM EDT
If your ACOG is not holding zero or takes a "whack" to get the new adjustments to "take" Trijicon can repair it for you.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:57:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:

Originally Posted By chris157c:

Thanks

You mean the ACOG itself or when you mount it and unmount it?

C4

I meant when I mount and unmount. I don't own one, and this will be a factor in deciding whether to buy... I have a basic A2 carbine and i thought about keeping an ACOG in my pocket incase I wanted optics...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:59:38 PM EDT
Top Top