User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
anybody know if this is a decent scope?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have one and Find it is a good scope for the money. It has very clear, sharp optics and it is well made unlike to other cheap forgein scopes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up last year.  I've only made one trip to the range and then took it deer hunting.  Quality seems good.  Sometimes it appears more clear than my Leupold Vari X -II and other times it doesn't, depending on light and other conditions.  Overall, I think it is a great sight for the money...I'd definately buy another.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't even like to say "good scope for the money" in reference to Burris.  "Good scope for the money" refers to something that is OK by itself, but made better because it was inexpensive.

The Burris Fullfield II has great glass, is lightweight, well made, and just a darn good scope, not just "for the money".

I've just purchased my THIRD one at auction on ebay (3-9x40 with illuminated Ballistic Plex) to top off my AR10.  I sold my last one for some reason (can't remember now) and have regretted it ever since.  

Mine was as clear and bright as a super sniper, and definitely better glass than the two Muellers I've had.

Also, the ballistic plex works GREAT on ARs.  That extra height over bore makes up for the less than perfect ballistic match otherwise.

If I ever get around to a bolt-gun, I'll be getting a Burris for it too.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
This is one of the best scopes I have seen for it's size. I have one on my hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also considering the same scope with ballistic plex for my BM 20". BUT, I have become intrigued about the short mag scope from Burris. Any body here compare the Fullfield 2 with the short mag on an AR?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am also considering the same scope with ballistic plex for my BM 20". BUT, I have become intrigued about the short mag scope from Burris. Any body here compare the Fullfield 2 with the short mag on an AR?

I have NO first hand experience with the "short mag" scopes, BUT the older "compact" scopes are the ONLY ones in the Burris line I've ever heard of poor image quality issues with.

A member who's opinion I have learned to trust over on another forum (Skunkabilly) had one on his M1A, and he said that the image was just plain dim on full power.  

Since the short mag scopes appear to have come directly from the compact line, I've not gone that route, although the 2-7x32 did interest me.  I may try the new Fullfield II in 2-7x35 with Ballistic Plex on a hunting rifle though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top