Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:21:43 AM EDT
For those with accupoints, how do you adjust for bullet drop? If it's zeroed at 100m, how do you compensate for a 400m shot? Holdover? Or do you just not take shots over a certain distance? Do you have target knobs?
Share your techniques please
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an accupoint TR21 and yes the only drawback is the lack of a bullet drop compensator. The only thing I know of is to shoot the rifle at different distances and see how much holdover it takes to compensate for each distance. Shoot the rifle as much as it takes to "memorize" your hold over. I have mine zeroed at 100. I am actually shooting 2 to 2 1/2 inch groups at 300 yards just by knowing how far to hold above the target- it takes practice.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For those with accupoints, how do you adjust for bullet drop? If it's zeroed at 100m, how do you compensate for a 400m shot? Holdover? Or do you just not take shots over a certain distance? Do you have target knobs?
Share your techniques please

Zero it at 25 yards just like irons and it will bring your effective distance out further.  Then after 275 yards approximately you'll have to know how much it's dropping.  You'll also want to know how high at shoots at say 100-150 yards so you can compensate.  Just my 2 cents.  

BTW, when I had a recce flat top, it did not drop much at 200 when it was zero'd at 100.  But the further you get past 200, the more you'll have to see.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, I guess I'll take a day once the rifle is complete to experiment at different ranges...I tried to find some target knobs but couldn't find any, I sure wish there were some it seems that would make things a bit easier for those longer shots
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know if there are target knobs available for the accupoint?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont have any experiance with the Accupoint ..... Yet, But I just sold 1 of 2 TA31F's That I had to aquire the TR21R. I have extensive experiance using the TA31F Chevron on Human Sillouette, Pop up targets on Miltary ranges and a Little on bullseye type targets, but not much. My experiance is , you will see very little drop in a 62-69 Grain Bullet at ranges between 100-300meters. If you look at an ACOG the first Ranging stadia is at 4 which is 400 meters. Now I know for fact that from 50 to 300meters on a Standard Miltary Pop-up course, when the TA31F is zero'd at 100 meters, You will Knock all 40 down  if you do your Job , Point of aim centermass everytime. Bullseye there is some Holdover but not Much. Hell even irons are zero'd to 300  without making adjustments for elevation. Holdover out to 500 is not much, If I remember correct, If you hold off at the throat / head area youll be hitting mid chest level. All this is subject to the rifle your using as well. 20" 16" 14.5" barrel?????? If your Bullseye shooting, This is likely not the scope for you. If your Hunting, whether it be Deer or taliban or tango's, I think the accupoint is a Good choice, Now Ill let you know for sure when mine gets here.
chuck
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Anybody know if there are target knobs available for the accupoint?

Check with Kenton Industries (www.kentonindustries.com).  They make BDC Turrets for a lot of scopes.  Also a good battlesight zero is 50 yards.  This way you will not be off by more than 2 inches from 0-300 yards.  That is what I did with my Aimpoint.  Worked very good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for that link, they don't have the model for the accupoint though...maybe I'll send Trijicon an email and see if they have them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top